Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

18 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

He's had more heroic games for sure. The KC playoff game for one.

But yeah, he was so cool and collected today. Through three quarters, his face just looked like, "Eff these guys. I'm better than them." Throw in the long PI to Diggs, and the beauty that Shakir failed to come up with, and his numbers are even bigger.

He was in complete control. He really never forced anything. He played a really smart game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Ran it 29 times, threw it 25.  Must have been hard for some to watch.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Some around here owe McDermott an apology.

And Josh Allen, especially the doofus that said he was as bad as "Nathan Peterman" after the Jets loss.

• Like (+1) 2

Does McDaniel want to get Tua killed?

When I look back to some of his decisions last year, and I see Hill and Waddle on the sidelines today while Tua is still out there, it honestly makes me wonder WTF he's thinking.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

The conditioning on this team is amazing.  /they all look like they could try out for the olympics. Injuries unfortunately happen even to the best conditioned.  But they filled in and 47  looked ok at the end.  White has not been himself since the ACL but was coming back.  Hate it for him.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

8 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

The last few weeks I feel like a light has gone on for Josh, and I am thrilled to see it. For the first time in his career I seen him fully trust the offense and realize he can score 40+ by just running the plays end not trying to ad-lib big plays all the time. I think what I found most exciting, as silly as it sounds, was Josh consistently throwing a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 4. 

also, thrilled to pound the phins. Their fans really needed a reality check…

I agree. It starts with a much better oline. Torrence looks fantastic. Cook and Murray are playing really well too. It sure feels like Josh doesn't have to be Superman. He can play within himself which is an elite level. 

It's early in the season but my pessimistic thinking is shrinking drastically. That's a good thing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Most important game since the KC playoff game.  The Bills rose to the occasion and then some.  Love this team.

Not the most important game, it’s still only week 4, but certainly an incredibly impressive win 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Was this Josh’s best all around game? 21/25 5TD’s no turnovers and zero questionable decisions.  Some of you are going to say the Pats no punt game, but I think this was as good as it gets.  

That first half was about as close to perfect as you'll ever see an NFL QB.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

“Is it safe?” 

Dustin Hoffman knows what I mean. 😋

Was 48-20 enough to tamp down the “realists”? 

Never too high, nor too low. It’s a long season, and then it gets exciting! That feels great to type as a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I've been a bit critical of Dorsey, but I absolutley love his game this week. The scheme and playing calling were probably his best. he had Allen looking off receivers all day. Had Allen at his best. 

He called a good game and the light has come on for Allen who is looking more short to deep when he sees those two safeties bail and play that 2-high shell.

Two check downs today stood out to me. One to Murray on the sideline where he picked up a good chunk of yards, and the lob to Cook where he picked up a bunch.

The shots Allen took were more reasonable and surgical. He was not pressing, and he did not take the bait throwing to well-covered receivers.

They also stayed committed to the run and play action.

I think we could have leaned into more plays to our TEs, but that is just picking nits.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

🤔🤔🤔

https://x.com/MatMlodzinski/status/1708573652160066044?s=20

"miami being underdogs they wore shirts w those emojis questioning why they’re underdogs mvp allen and diggs had to remind them why they’re underdogs"

Man they really thought they were him.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

aaa11e8a-bf25-4483-aa33-7cf7a5acfc29.siz

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, WideNine said:

He called a good game and the light has come on for Allen who is looking more short to deep when he sees those two safeties bail and play that 2-high shell.

Two check downs today stood out to me. One to Murray on the sideline where he picked up a good chunk of yards, and the lob to Cook where he picked up a bunch.

The shots Allen took were more reasonable and surgical. He was not pressing, and he did not take the bait throwing to well-covered receivers.

They also stayed committed to the run and play action.

I think we could have leaned into more plays to our TEs, but that is just picking nits.

Crazy what a real running game can do for a QB. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

The one that Shakir couldn't bring in may have been a little bit forced (although I think it was 3rd down).

It was also one of the most obscene throws I've ever seen. :blink:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, yall said:

When I look back to some of his decisions last year, and I see Hill and Waddle on the sidelines today while Tua is still out there, it honestly makes me wonder WTF he's thinking.

I was honestly shocked to see Tua out that long, down 28. Yes, there is a chance of a miracle but when your QB has an injury history like his why are you pushing your luck? 

• Like (+1) 1

Rare great post from finhaven

Today at 5:00 PM

McDermott's scheming and play calling is truly impressive! Have to give props where it's due. They took away the middle of the field and suffocated the offense... blocking the quick reads, preventing the decisive rapid fire from Tua. Phew and the longer Tua had the ball, the offensive line was continually exposed. 

McDaniel will need to find a clever way to counter this. Humbling moment for these coaches. Fangio better tighten this up and make the correct adjustments. Add the personal or what ever is needed.. No more free passes for him!

Reactions:joenhre and Avigatorx

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, yall said:

Probably  realizes he’s not going to win nothing with that noodle arm quarterback. The sooner he gets Tua to retire sooner he can get somebody new in there.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This was VERY SATISFYING.

***** Tua. ***** Miami fans. ***** The Dolphins.

Great game by everyone involved with the Buffalo Bills. Coaches, Players, Beer Vendors. All around great win.

And at the peak of Miami's hype. You love to see it.

So, that is probably more thumbs up than thumbs down, I guessing? Apologies, this day of me largely ignoring family here for a birthday party has taken a toll on me. I just kept bringing up bottles of wine for….”us”.  🍷 

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

He shoulda caught it.  Perfect throw.

He was probably stunned that not only did Allen fit it in there, but that thing was on top of him like right now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Best thing about what the Bills are doing the last three weeks is that it is just good fundamental, balanced football that is sustainable against all opponents in all weather conditions.  It doesn’t appear that there’s really any way to stop it, as long as we stay patient and stick with the plan. It’s a lot like what SF does, except we have Josh Allen, and they don’t.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

The one that Shakir couldn't bring in may have been a little bit forced (although I think it was 3rd down).

It was also one of the most obscene throws I've ever seen. :blink:

I felt like Shakir did not need to climb the ladder on that pass.

If he kept running I think it was right there... his jump made it a bit more awkward than it needed to be IMO and he had a step on the DB.

Shakir has made some highlight reel catches and Allen has thrown jump balls his way before, so not judging him too harshly.

Would have been replayed all week if he had put some stick'em on his helmet.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

https://x.com/jeremywgr/status/1708581648004980743?s=46&t=L452HseFOUPXMh5JPrb9nw

Anyone know what the meaning of all this 🤔 is?  Diggs and Allen did it a few times.  Did the Dolphins do something this week?

Somebody said it was because they were underdogs in this game. It's the thinking emoji it's often used sarcastically.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I felt like Shakir did not need to climb the ladder on that pass.

If he kept running I think it was right there... his jump made it a bit more awkward than it needed to be IMO and he had a step on the DB.

Shakir has made some highlight reel catches and Allen has thrown jump balls his way before, so not judging him too harshly.

Would have been replayed all week if he had put some stick'em on his helmet.

Shakir is solid.  still, he missed that one...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Rare great post from finhaven

Today at 5:00 PM

McDermott's scheming and play calling is truly impressive! Have to give props where it's due. They took away the middle of the field and suffocated the offense... blocking the quick reads, preventing the decisive rapid fire from Tua. Phew and the longer Tua had the ball, the offensive line was continually exposed. 

McDaniel will need to find a clever way to counter this. Humbling moment for these coaches. Fangio better tighten this up and make the correct adjustments. Add the personal or what ever is needed.. No more free passes for him!

Reactions:joenhre and Avigatorx

Tua doesn't have the arm to counter it.  He can make passes to the outside but teams taking away the middle make him hold the ball longer so he could get sacked/pressured and his weak arm makes the passes prone to ints.

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

https://x.com/jeremywgr/status/1708581648004980743?s=46&t=L452HseFOUPXMh5JPrb9nw

Anyone know what the meaning of all this 🤔 is?  Diggs and Allen did it a few times.  Did the Dolphins do something this week?

The thinking emoji for wondering why they were the under dogs.  Now they know why.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Apparently some of the Dolphins players were chriping on social media about how they couldn't understand why they were underdogs going into the game. They used that emoji 

And now Josh and Steph are rubbing their faces in it 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The Fins had custom matching t-shirts made for this week using the thinking emoji to question why they were road dogs. Then the Bills teased them for it throughout the game. Basically saying “that’s why.”

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Some Dolphins wore "wondering why" emoji tee-shirt into the stadium.  Some were wondering why they were not the favorites for the game.  

A team that worries about the point spread is probably not prepared.    Now they know that they were playing the Bills defense, not  Denver.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Dolphins wore shirts with this emoji on it 🤔 at practice this week.  So the Bills trolled them

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.