Poyer OUT Sunday

Big Blitz

Just now, arcane said:

It's not good or anything but I have a feeling Poyer would have had a rough day anyway. 

If he was 4 yrs younger then we put him as a 3rd safety to push the box and tackle the runner downhill, clear the short, and follow the ball.

He's getting washed, clearly. But still glad we have him. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is bad news.

This is one week where you reallllly want to have your top safeties in place.

Anyone thinking "it's not too big a deal" or "maybe it's a good thing because he's old now", well...I think you're dead wrong.

We only lost one of three games to the Dolphins last year. It happened to be the one where we were missing one of our starting safeties.

Let's hope Taylor Rapp is up to the challenge. Opportunity is, um...rapping at his chamber door? Sorry. I'll see myself out.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The amount of "this might be a good thing" posts I'm seeing is kinda silly, IMO.

The "Poyer is washed" thing is a bit overblown. 

I have a feeling that after Sunday's game, these folks are going to be quite eager to see him back in the lineup as soon as possible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Guess we find out if keeping Hamlin was a PR move or he is the next best option. 

I’m still not ready to forgive Cam Lewis for the Minnesota game. 

Yep, I have to watch that play ad nauseam when they talk about Justine Jefferson and incredible catches.  We will be watching that play for years.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

This is bad news.

Anyone thinking "it's not too big a deal" or "maybe it's a good thing because he's old now", well...I think you're dead wrong.

We only lost one of three games to the Dolphins last year. It happened to be the one where we were missing one of our starting safeties.

Let's hope Taylor Rapp is up to the challenge. Opportunity is, um...rapping at his chamber door? Sorry. I'll see myself out.

Someone find the stat of W-L with Poyer playing

We lose like any game he's not playing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s been actually very bad this season. Maybe his knees are the reason. He might have been the worst starting player on defense this year.

Hamlin’s opportunity.

I agree with you on the field (although it will be Rapp, not Hamlin), but I worry about the communication.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

This is bad news.

All the same, we held them to well under 300 yards of offense in that game and only lost because Josh gave them a first and goal at the 7, and we missed a FG, short hopped an open receiver in the end zone on 4th down, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I agree with you on the field (although it will be Rapp, not Hamlin), but I worry about the communication.

It may depend on gameplan. If the Bills had set up to use a 3 safety look and had Rapp in that role, they may keep him there and slide Lewis or Hamlin into Poyer's spot. That way you only have to adjust 1 players role as opposed to two. If they Bills are giving 2 deep looks than yes, Rapp will likely be the guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.