Terrel Bernard named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

Big Turk

12 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Whats crazy is they could have picked about 3 Bills players. That was an impressive performance 

Yeah, there was outstanding play all over the Bills' defenses.  Turnovers always impress the people who do the picking though.  An interception and a fumble recovery along with the sacks was bound to get him noticed

13 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Whats funny is that I see Bills fans, not here but elsewhere, saying Bernard plays in a different defense than Tremaine. Saying Edmunds should’ve been used the way Bernard is used. And people wonder why the Edmunds threads won’t die, it’s constant conversation. 

I'm still stuck on the Flutie/Rob Johnson debate

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

We need a 6 TD pass Allen game, and a 2 sack 2 pick game for Milano. 

Sack, my favorite watering hole here in Tampa there are always lots of fans from multiple cities.  You get used to that in Tampa.

One guy who I’m friends with we have friendly banter.  He shocked me telling. All of us that Milano is the cheapest player in the NFL.  I told hinnnto give me evidence, and reiterated the hit on Tua was clean last year.

I guess this is a common repeating theme for the Fish fans.

I know he was fined for taunting recently, but I can’t think of any repeat personal fouls on Milano.

Heck Aaron Williams or Jerry Hughes comes to mind on previous players nabbed for personal foul calls.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Whats funny is that I see Bills fans, not here but elsewhere, saying Bernard plays in a different defense than Tremaine. Saying Edmunds should’ve been used the way Bernard is used. And people wonder why the Edmunds threads won’t die, it’s constant conversation. 

It's constant excuses and denial. Some just can't bring themselves to admit they're wrong.  I don't think Edmunds is a fit for NFL-level defenses.  He has the right physique and athleticism for Tight End. Should have attempted a conversion.

BUT...he got a payday as a LB. Hard to argue with that. 

17 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah but Edmunds is just 19 he's actually still technically a college freshman.  Expect him to hit his peak in 2029.

I've wondered how in the world he was drafted at 19 years old. I looked him up on Wikipedia. He must have started at VT at barely 17 years old. Must have been a smart HS student, graduating just after turning 17. Did he skip a grade somewhere during his school years? The other surprising tidbit I read on that site, his given full name is Fe'Zahn Tremaine Edmund. Obviously, the Bills were sold on his smarts, physique, and junior year. Not a bad gamble at the time.

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s actually a huge surprise, considering him so many of us thought that he was a draft bust

Changes the whole complexion of Brandon beans drafting

He’s too small to have a nickname like this. I’m thinking the mighty Chihuahua.

what other small, but feisty dog can we insert here?

Was thinking Napoleon…short French warrior …Bernard is French right ?

9 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

This is good insight and thought process
I am going to vote McD is the key

But thats not to take Anything away from individual successes last week from multiple players. Like almost all of the defense lol 

Go Bills

squish the fish

Oh yeah, I can't take anything away from Bernard's stellar performance; it's more of a thought experiment that I wish we could run, and crunch numbers on. It would be really cool to get that data!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Chalk one up to our FO and McD for identifying and developing Bernard to turn what should’ve been a weakness into maybe one of the more stable pieces of our D? Still a long ways to go this season, but the early receipts couldn’t be more encouraging…if we take care of business against the new media darling Fish this week, then sky’s the limit imho.

23 hours ago, GustheDog33 said:

Peter King in his column had Myles Garrett as his defensive standout and didn't even mention the Bills in general or Bernard Specifically.  Obviously, not a fan of the Bills, but he didn't even mention the game Bernard or the Bills D in general.

Peter King has indeed been a Bills supporter over the years.  I think what's going on is that the sports media have decided not to feature the Bills after the great but disappointing season last year.  (The NFL itself has a little more integrity -- Josh Allen OPOW last week, and Bernard DPOW this week). 

Matt Milano had an incredible interception against the Raiders, and it didn't show up on any of the highlight chatterboxes for week 2.  I think Bills and Raiders fans were the only ones aware of that play.  

Giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe the media are just trying to find new stories and new angles.  The only story about the Bills over the offseason was Stefon Diggs' supposed unhappiness. So now the Browns have finally shown signs of life, and it's time for Peter King and others to give them some attention.  Maybe that's all it is.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Sack, my favorite watering hole here in Tampa there are always lots of fans from multiple cities.  You get used to that in Tampa.

One guy who I’m friends with we have friendly banter.  He shocked me telling. All of us that Milano is the cheapest player in the NFL.  I told hinnnto give me evidence, and reiterated the hit on Tua was clean last year.

I know he was fined for taunting recently, but I can’t think of any repeat personal fouls on Milano.

Heck Aaron Williams or Jerry Hughes comes to mind on previous players nabbed for personal foul calls.

Milano started Tua's concussion parade. It's as simple as that.

12 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

I think it's Poyer's turn, or Rousseau's.  So far we've had highlight games from Milano and Bernard, Floyd and Oliver and Jones got sacks, and Hyde and White got picks last game (and White had the kind of game we remember him having all the time).  This defense is loaded with players, and it's hard to tell which ones will pop up with special plays in any given week.  But for a safety playing against Miami's receivers, or a pass rusher against Tua, I'm expecting either Poyer or Rousseau to be the star this week.

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Tell him "no, that would be Wilkins."

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

all three phases better be up and running is my thought.

10 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Chalk one up to our FO and McD for identifying and developing Bernard to turn what should’ve been a weakness into maybe one of the more stable pieces of our D? Still a long ways to go this season, but the early receipts couldn’t be more encouraging…if we take care of business against the new media darling Fish this week, then sky’s the limit imho.

he kinda sucked week one. hesitant called a few plays wrong and confused ...

LOL 😋

Team game anyways and somebody's gotta eat. Just make sure its the Bills side of the ball

And wow we had a fine defense last week. Build on that please !

6 hours ago, Utah John said:

I think it's Poyer's turn, or Rousseau's.  So far we've had highlight games from Milano and Bernard, Floyd and Oliver and Jones got sacks, and Hyde and White got picks last game (and White had the kind of game we remember him having all the time).  This defense is loaded with players, and it's hard to tell which ones will pop up with special plays in any given week.  But for a safety playing against Miami's receivers, or a pass rusher against Tua, I'm expecting either Poyer or Rousseau to be the star this week.

Pick any one and chance are good.

I am going with 97 and 7 this week :)

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.