Josh is accurate

transplantbillsfan

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sure would be nice if Davis and Knox made a couple contested catches that were very catchable... including a dropped TD by Knox.

Josh still at almost 73% on the year even with that meat on the bone left by some WRs.

...and as for those who'd complain about the interception, I think this sums it up well:

That TD throw to Davis was sweeeet ! How many QBs in the league can make that precise a throw with that velocity? 

My personal point of view on this topic is that Josh Allen is inconsistently accurate. The Dude is a vet. He needs to start acting like one and last game I SAW MAJOR steps towards that goal. 

I can also tell you based on All 22 from Jets game to now that the amount of deep routs went down, taking away the option to constantly throw deep. 

• Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

My posts make sense over the years because I'm older. True enough. Thing is ... as I grew older I kept examining my methods of thought. It's quite clear you haven't looked at your mistakes.

You, the young guy, said that Tyrod Taylor was "near -elite." I told you over and over you were wrong. You went on and on about it, how he was going to be the Bills franchise guy for 15 years, how he as top ten, on and on and on and on. Then before the 2018 draft you said Josh Allen had no chance of being a successful NFL QB.

So yeah, I think like an older guy, getting wiser with my years. Whereas you have been consistently, relentlessly wrong in virtually all of your opinions about QBs over the years.  You were wrong. I was right. I'll take growing older and learning from mistakes any time time over being younger, wrong and inflexible.

The sad thing with you is that you haven't learned from your mistakes. All of your dumber opinions about Tyrod were based on how his completion percentage was high and that was super-important. Then your remarkably bad, sad take on Allen before the draft that there was zero chance he'd ever be a decent NFL QB was also based greatly on how his completion percentage was low and how important that was. Sure, you always moved the goal posts, with nonsense like you did here about throwing other stats in next to completion percentage. But that was dumb thinking then, and it's still dumb thinking now. Consistently through the years you've been horrible on QBs, and a great deal of it comes down to how consistently and sadly you overestimate the importance of Completion Percentage.

Oh, and once again, thanks for coming up with the formula you suggested above ("accuracy combined with YAC," dunderheaded on the face of it in that it's not "accuracy," it's completion percentage). That formula rates Josh Allen's accuracy in 2021 and 2022 as 27th best in the league. 

Most people think Josh is quite a bit more accurate than that, but I'm sure we all really appreciate having it proven by you that he was one of the least accurate in the league the last couple of years. 

'Preciate the knowledge bomb. 27th most accurate QB in the league, two years running. Got it!!! I can only stand in the radiance of your intellect.

Oy... I really get under your skin, don't I?

giphy.gif

On 9/23/2023 at 4:06 AM, Thurman#1 said:

I see, "YAC combined with Completion Percentage is pretty darned good," you say.

Fine.

In 2022, Josh Allen was 31st in YAC/completion. Of QBs with more than 200 attempts, he was 23rd in Completion Percentage. That averages out to 27th.

Congratulations, your dumb method conclusively proves that Allen in 2022 was the 27th most accurate QB in the league. 

In 2021, Josh Allen was again 31st in YAC/completion. Of QBs with more than 200 attempts that year, he was 22nd at Completion Percentage.  That averages out to 26.5. 

And congrats again, your method shows he was the 26.5th most accurate QB in the NFL in 2021.

The method is dumb. Pure dumbness.

There is a reason there is no stat called "Accuracy." The reason being there's no stat or stats that do a good job showing accuracy consistently. It's a concept 

But thanks for letting us know how inaccurate Josh is. I'd personally strongly disagree, but hey, your method, your business.

This is a verbal headshot post. Kudos.

14 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

My posts make sense over the years because I'm older. True enough. Thing is ... as I grew older I kept examining my methods of thought. It's quite clear you haven't looked at your mistakes.

You, the young guy, said that Tyrod Taylor was "near -elite." I told you over and over you were wrong. You went on and on about it, how he was going to be the Bills franchise guy for 15 years, how he as top ten, on and on and on and on. Then before the 2018 draft you said Josh Allen had no chance of being a successful NFL QB.

So yeah, I think like an older guy, getting wiser with my years. Whereas you have been consistently, relentlessly wrong in virtually all of your opinions about QBs over the years.  You were wrong. I was right. I'll take growing older and learning from mistakes any time time over being younger, wrong and inflexible.

The sad thing with you is that you haven't learned from your mistakes. All of your dumber opinions about Tyrod were based on how his completion percentage was high and that was super-important. Then your remarkably bad, sad take on Allen before the draft that there was zero chance he'd ever be a decent NFL QB was also based greatly on how his completion percentage was low and how important that was. Sure, you always moved the goal posts, with nonsense like you did here about throwing other stats in next to completion percentage. But that was dumb thinking then, and it's still dumb thinking now. Consistently through the years you've been horrible on QBs, and a great deal of it comes down to how consistently and sadly you overestimate the importance of Completion Percentage.

Oh, and once again, thanks for coming up with the formula you suggested above ("accuracy combined with YAC," dunderheaded on the face of it in that it's not "accuracy," it's completion percentage). That formula rates Josh Allen's accuracy in 2021 and 2022 as 27th best in the league. 

Most people think Josh is quite a bit more accurate than that, but I'm sure we all really appreciate having it proven by you that he was one of the least accurate in the league the last couple of years. 

'Preciate the knowledge bomb. 27th most accurate QB in the league, two years running. Got it!!! I can only stand in the radiance of your intellect.

Ether’d

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Trans has what is called a philosophy. One you never agreed with. One that some here do agree with. I am "in between" on this. BUT. Have you ever been wrong on these boards? Do people constantly slander you? Drop the past buddy.. If you have to bring up past conversations, never was QB's and 40+ to make a point then you are lost.. Again.. In part I agree with you.

There are several types of posters on these boards.

1. The Risk taker. The person who is not afraid to give an opinion right, wrong or indifferent. 

2. The Troll

3. The person that sits back and agrees or disagrees to posts

4. The person who feels they need to argue their points to the death (to the point where personal attacks fly)

5. The person that says a little but puts the thumb up or down.

Months ago @NewEra said it the best and it kind of changed me. If an opinion is going to annoy you so much where you have to lead to personal attacks/deep opinions that tick you off to no end or trolling... then its just best to block the guy for a while before making yourself say things you would regret. 

@transplantbillsfan falls into category 1. 

and 

you both are Falling into category 4.

This is where I grab both of you by the ear and say.. ENOUGH ALREADY..

lol\

Are you done yet?

giphy.gif

@Thurman#1 and @transplantbillsfan says

giphy.gif

I say...

giphy.gif

Love your posts in general.  @Thurman#1 is really just the King of the Ad Hominem attack.

It's been several years at this point already that I've pretty much stopped initiating conversation with him.  For whatever reason he always feels the need to chime in and give me his War and Peace responses to things that I say, probably knowing that I won't take the time (I don't have it... I'm not retired like he must be) to respond to every individual point that he makes and every accusation he points at me that's incorrect.  He likes to create hyperbolic if not utterly false narratives and he hides them within ridiculous, long-winded posts that lack context.

For example:  He's right that I said that Tyrod Taylor was "near-Elite" at one point.  It was during his best year in 2015.  I never said it after that point.  I also said I was wrong about him multiple times after.

Thurm apparently believes that being wrong about something means you can never be right about anything else.

It's okay, though.  I'm a High School teacher.  I can deal with narcissistic people quite well.  I've learned Thurm is here for the strict purpose of essentially saying that everyone is wrong in some way about everything while never actually stating his own opinions/positions about absolutely anything.  He's the ultimate Devil's Advocate.  And that's fine by me... there should be one in every conversation   :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Love your posts in general.  @Thurman#1 is really just the King of the Ad Hominem attack.

It's been several years at this point already that I've pretty much stopped initiating conversation with him.  For whatever reason he always feels the need to chime in and give me his War and Peace responses to things that I say, probably knowing that I won't take the time (I don't have it... I'm not retired like he must be) to respond to every individual point that he makes and every accusation he points at me that's incorrect.  He likes to create hyperbolic if not utterly false narratives and he hides them within ridiculous, long-winded posts that lack context.

For example:  He's right that I said that Tyrod Taylor was "near-Elite" at one point.  It was during his best year in 2015.  I never said it after that point.  I also said I was wrong about him multiple times after.

Thurm apparently believes that being wrong about something means you can never be right about anything else.

It's okay, though.  I'm a High School teacher.  I can deal with narcissistic people quite well.  I've learned Thurm is here for the strict purpose of essentially saying that everyone is wrong in some way about everything while never actually stating his own opinions/positions about absolutely anything.  He's the ultimate Devil's Advocate.  And that's fine by me... there should be one in every conversation   :thumbsup:

Says he's too busy goes on to write a novel 😂😂😂 pure comedy 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Says he's too busy goes on to write a novel 😂😂😂 pure comedy 

Have you seen Thurm's posts?

If not, you'll find several in this thread.

If I have a lengthy post every once in awhile at this point--and lengthy is a relative term, but I don't believe I have too many all that often--it's going to be to say something about the team, not to try to win a ridiculous rhetorical argument the way some (@Thurman#1) here spend most of their time doing. I'm not guiltless in never arguing a point for awhile with someone, but when it's clearly pointless because the other poster just uses constant logical fallacies or is just generally a stubborn, unlikeable (on the Internet) ass... I think I've done well enough lately to learn to stop.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

@transplantbillsfan you weren't just wrong on Tyrod. You were belligerntly telling us blue was actually green for 2 years solid. Even to the point where you tried to spin Beane cutting his pay and voiding all but one year of his contract as proof that they were committed to him.

This is true. At one point I said that.

But this also lacks context.

I also said 6 months before the draft in 2017 we would make the playoffs and Beane would/should trade up for a QB.

I was a strong advocate for drafting a QB with Tyrod at the helm in a year we made it to the playoffs for the 1st time in 17 years.

We all get things wrong. You got Josh Allen wrong, too. A lot of people really didn't want to draft him. It wasn't just me. @GoBills808 should get a ton of credit for wanting him and saying he'd be a stud even before we drafted him.

And now that that tangent is over, the sky is green, grass is blue, and Josh Allen is accurate...

Just because I said 2 of those things and they're false doesn't mean one isn't true. :flirt:

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I also said 6 months before the draft in 2017 we would make the playoffs and Beane would/should trade up for a QB.

I was a strong advocate for drafting a QB with Tyrod at the helm in a year we made it to the playoffs for the 1st time in 17 years.

We all get things wrong. You got Josh Allen wrong, too. A lot of people really didn't want to draft him. It wasn't just me. @GoBills808 should get a ton of credit for wanting him and saying he'd be a stud even before we drafted him.

And now that that tangent is over, the sky is green, grass is blue, and Josh Allen is accurate...

Just because I said 2 of those things and they're false doesn't mean one isn't true. :flirt:

No but there is a difference between getting a projection wrong and ignoring evidence right in your face and creating baffling narratives to support a clearly ridiculous position. And then hammering away at them daily.

I haven't disagreed with you in this thread btw... but the reason peopel go back to your Tyrod takes over and over is because the way you went about those understandably leave people thinking you are someone who grabs a narrative and then sticks to it no matter what.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

😂😂Well to be fair I did want Allen predraft but I don't think I said he'd be great...just that I liked him best of the bunch

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

No but there is a difference between getting a projection wrong and ignoring evidence right in your face and creating baffling narratives to support a clearly ridiculous position. And then hammering away at them daily.

I haven't disagreed with you in this thread btw... but the reason peopel go back to your Tyrod takes over and over is because the way you went about those understandably leave people thinking you are someone who grabs a narrative and then sticks to it no matter what.

Tyrod is long gone. I  moved on a long time ago.

Some posters bizarrely have not.

I was wrong about Tyrod. Who cares?

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Tyrod is long gone. I  moved on a long time ago.

Some posters bizarrely have not.

I was wrong about Tyrod. Who cares?

Certainly not you! Hasn’t stopped you from polluting this place with wrong takes along with an irrational impulse to defend them at all costs.

22 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Certainly not you! Hasn’t stopped you from polluting this place with wrong takes along with an irrational impulse to defend them at all costs.

See what I said before regarding Thurm and being the King of Ad Hominem attacks. 

You're just a Prince, though. At least Thurm's are intelligently constructed.

Whoever has never posted a hot take that wound up being an error in hindsight should have the last word. I think that safely excludes all of us, except maybe @teef. 😀 I think all of you rightly or wrongly, contribute to making this forum a fun place (mostly) to hang out and talk Bills with. That is all. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And now to move past all the bickering. Some posters on this board are like terrible girlfriends: Always bringing up past mistakes to explain how they feel about something you've said or done today.

Gotta show this one again from this angle:

Two absolutely SICK throws that nobody else in this league makes.

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

@transplantbillsfan you weren't just wrong on Tyrod. You were belligerntly telling us blue was actually green for 2 years solid. Even to the point where you tried to spin Beane cutting his pay and voiding all but one year of his contract as proof that they were committed to him.

In fairness to @transplantbillsfan, he was the biggest Cian Fahey fan going and his two lunatic notable takes were that Tyrod was good and Allen was horrific.

That guy really poisoned the well when it came to NFL takes from across the pond. 

It got to the point where I wondered if transplant was Fahey, more than once.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Those look like some irresponsible throws to me. Especially that last one. He needs to take what the defense is giving him. In fact, he should have just fell down to take the sack. That would have been the smart football play. Live to fight another down. Josh Allen needs to take only the high-percentage throws, like that all-pro Dan Orlovsky.

/s

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

https://theathletic.com/4898011/2023/09/26/nfl-power-rankings-dolphins-qb-confidence/

I don't really know where The Athletic gets this, but in their "Power Rankings" this week, here's the note they have on Josh Allen:

In the last two weeks, he has thrown four touchdown passes and only one interception and has an NFL-best off-target percentage of 1.4 percent.

Maybe some who are skeptical would find that to be a pretty good stat for accuracy?   :flirt: 

• Agree 1

This is the version of Josh Allen many of us wanted to see. Running less (12 carries through first 4 games) but running productivity when he does. Being smart with the ball. TRUSTING THE PLAYMAKERS AROUND HIM!

There have been several times already this year (one being the long pass to Cook today, the deep ball to Diggs last week and at least one other to Gabe Davis) where Josh would have tucked the ball and run...but he flushes out, keeps his eyes upfield and finds a guy open once the defense commits to stop him. 

This version of Josh Allen is virtually unstoppable...as could be seen with his PERFECT PASSER RATING against the Dolphins today.

• Thank you (+1) 4

He’s been patient in the pocket, making reads, checking down, taking what’s there, not forcing it & we’re able to run the ball.   The game looked to be moving slower for him today.

Where he showed immaturity vs NYJ he’s completely reversed over the last three.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

He’s been patient in the pocket, making reads, checking down, taking what’s there, not forcing it & we’re able to run the ball.

Where he showed immaturity vs NYJ he’s completely reversed over the last three.

This was always the point. And he is in fact capable of playing smart football as he has previously- that’s what made wk 1 so startling 

• Agree 2

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

I wonder if @Thurman#1 will still play his typical Devils advocate role of saying "blah blah blah 75% completion percentage says nothing about accuracy because blah blah blah."

So effin lucky to have this guy as our QB.

Whole lot of apologies owed you 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.