Week 2: Buy, Sell, Hold

boyst

Good afternoon, Gents.

After a rough week 1, how did you do with your choices? Many took Kincaid and he got a lot of snaps but didn't offer much. Let's hope we can see a trend hope we don't give up on him.

So, on to week 2.  What are your picks?

Me?

Buy: Allen. His stock right now is going to be low and everyone knows he isn't going to repeat that performance. Let's see what he follows up with!

Sell: Rapp at LB. I don't know what went wrong, and I'm not blaming him. But it didn't seem to go right.

Hold: Brown. I really think he will be better against lesser defenses, and I think he can still write out to be an average starter.

All right, guys. What's your take?

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 3

Buy:  Bills Pass Rush.  

Looked dangerous, and that was without Von. 

Sell:  Hyde/Poyer being a strength.  

Hoping they can be solid, but worried we kept them both a year too long. 

Hold: Tre White & Gabe Davis.  

Tre was solid in coverage but brutal in run fits and we desperately need Gabe Davis to not become the boom or bust disappearing man again this year. 

• Like (+1) 3

Buy: Rousseau - I think he's strangely undervalued in this board.  Allen aside, he might be the most valuable asset on the team in terms of his talent versus salary.

Sell:  Hyde and Poyer - They're old and slow, and that's only going to get worse as the season goes on.

Hold:  White - Looked good at times and not so good at other times.  With Elam's status being in doubt, they really need White to get back to his previous level.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Last week my picks were:

Buy: Sherfield 

Sell: Poyer

Hold: Rapp

I'm going in a couple other directions this week.

BUY: Gabe Davis. For this week. Davis has a knack for feasting on weaker defenses. I see him having a nice game (4 catch 85yards 1TD area) and putting up something against the Raiders D.

Sell: Rapp as a LBer. I like Rapp. He brings a lot. However this week we are going up against a team with one of the better power RBs in the NFL. This isn't the week to line him up at MLB. He'll look like a speed bump. I'd activate Kirksey and work in in against any 13 personal.

HOLD: Bernard. He played 110 snaps last year on defense. He missed a chunk of time in TC and all 3 PS games. Yet, stepped right in to live bullets and....while he wasn't spectacular he didn't pee down his leg either. I can see him getting better as the season goes on. 

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Good afternoon, Gents.

After a rough week 1, how did you do with your choices? Many took Kincaid and he got a lot of snaps but didn't offer much. Let's hope we can see a trend hope we don't give up on him.

Me?

Buy: Allen. His stock right now is going to be low and everyone knows he isn't going to repeat that performance. Let's see what he follows up with!

Sell: Rapp at LB. I don't know what went wrong, and I'm not blaming him. But it didn't seem to go right.

Hold: Brown. I really think he will be better against lesser defenses, and I think he can still write out to be an average starter.

9 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Hold Allen. Big rebound this week. 

Sell White. Find a better way to matchup with Adams than expecting White to do it. 

Also sell: Brown. Matching up against Crosby this week. 

Yes the Crosby vs Brown is making me want to sell for sure.  Expect Josh running out of the pocket to the left most of the game even if he doesn't need to.

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Buy:  Terrell Bernard (I just got me a feelin' that the more he plays, the better he's gonna get)

Sell:  James Cook (did not impress me at all, and that turtle on 3rd down two yards short of the first really rubbed me the wrong way)

Hold:  Spencer Brown (he just can't be that bad)

I think that's going to be a career statement for Brown. He just can't be that bad.

• Haha (+1) 2

Buy- O’cyrus and Kincaid 

rooks looked solid

Sell- Gabe Davis

I just need more and that was a terrible route on the int. Continues to leave fan base looking for a reliable number two option

Hold- Josh Allen

Too early to sell his stock could skyrocket if he just cuts down on turnovers 

1 hour ago, wvbillsfan said:

Hold- Josh Allen

Too early to sell his stock could skyrocket if he just cuts down on turnovers 

That's why I am doubling down and saying buy. As if I had some to begin with I reckon id load up now with what is sure to be a low price

I'll also use these threads to track my previous week's choices.

On 9/11/2023 at 3:48 PM, HappyDays said:

Buy: James Cook. We can run on the Jets if we try. They don't give you a lot of space to work with but Cook's skill set will help him maximize that space.

Sell: Gabe Davis. After his preseason performance I am convinced that he is the exact same high variance player we got last year. I don't expect us to be able to run our offense through him with any kind of consistency. Plus I expect Gardner to be manned up on him 1v1 a bunch tonight and obviously I expect Gardner to win that matchup.

Hold: Dalton Kincaid. I don't expect him to have a huge game in his first ever NFL action but we'll see the potential and I think he will at least contribute. I'll predict two 3rd down catches past the sticks.

I feel very good about these predictions. Cook looked like a huge upgrade on Singletary, Davis was his usual inefficient self, Kincaid showed great potential but wasn't utilized all that much.

For this week:

Buy buy and buy some more: Dalton Kincaid. The kid is getting his stock bumped up big time. Putting him here makes way too much sense. I believe that on film review from Monday night they will see Kincaid constantly uncovering in zone which is primarily how defenses will play us. They will want to get Allen into rhythm and taking easy completions. Enter Swole Beasley. I'm projecting 7+ catches and 70+ yards.

Sell: Terrel Bernard. I hate the thought of Josh Jacobs barreling towards our small MLB. Hopefully our offense gets a big enough lead that this matchup becomes irrelevant.

Hold: Christian Benford. He was solid and steady against the Jets. Nothing groundbreaking, just did his 1/11 and showed maximum effort by running down Breece Hall from behind. I expect a similar performance this week.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, boyst said:

Bills win big!  

The Raider D is low-end, the antithesis from last week.  The energy is always nuts at the home opener and will be again this year.  

The D won't fare as well, the Raiders will also score.  But as long as Jacobs doesn't post a career day or close we should win going away.  

Worst case, a track meet favoring us.  

4 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Bills win big!  

The Raider D is low-end, the antithesis from last week.  The energy is always nuts at the home opener and will be again this year.  

The D won't fare as well, the Raiders will also score.  But as long as Jacobs doesn't post a career day or close we should win going away.  

Worst case, a track meet favoring us.  

read.

the.

instructions.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, boyst said:

Good afternoon, Gents.

Me?

Buy: Kincaid

Sell: Brown

Hold: Davis

Buy:  Floyd, Rousseau, Kincaid, Torrence

Sell: Spencer Brown

Hold: Poyer, White, Hyde -  as a group they looked flat footed and took poor angles resulting in bad missed tackles 

Also, James Cook didn't seem as fast or elusive in the open field as hoped 

9 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Buy= Tre, Bernard, Kincaid, Floyd, Torrence, Milano

Sell= Poyer, Gabe

Hold= Josh

That's all I feel solid about saying right now. As bad as the loss was I actually think we had more unknowns play well than I expected. Plus I loved how Tre looked.  

He had a couple brutal missed tackles, one which resulted in an 83 yard run 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Buy:  Floyd, Rousseau, Kincaid, Torrence

Sell: Spencer Brown

Hold: Poyer, White, Hyde -  as a group they looked flat footed and took poor angles resulting in bad missed tackles 

Also, James Cook didn't seem as fast or elusive in the open field as hoped 

I mean, I care about his coverage more than run support. Did you see the alignment of our d-line on that play? We can't ask a corner to be a Linebacker. His coverage was excellent. He shut Wilson down.  

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Instructions ... LOL 

Be.

More. 

Specific.

Then.  

;)  

look at how others have done it. you pick a player, or even ap osition group.

go back and look at how it's done last week.

i'm going doing your homework for you, sue.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

look at how others have done it. you pick a player, or even ap osition group.

go back and look at how it's done last week.

i'm going doing your homework for you, sue.

Wow, this sounds like it's really rattling you.  I didn't realize that it was that imporant. 

Do you want me to delete my post honey?  

If it'll make you feel better I'm more than happy to do just that.  

:)  

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Wow, this sounds like it's really rattling you.  I didn't realize that it was that imporant. 

Do you want me to delete my post honey?  

If it'll make you feel better I'm more than happy to do just that.  

:)  

Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, and Tre'Davious White are the best Bills players, but who's the best of the best? It's a tough question, but I think it's Allen. He's the heart and soul of the team, and he's capable of carrying them to victory on any given Sunday. But enough about football. Did you know that the average person walks the equivalent of five times around the world in their lifetime? That's a lot of walking...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs, and Tre'Davious White are the best Bills players, but who's the best of the best? It's a tough question, but I think it's Allen. He's the heart and soul of the team, and he's capable of carrying them to victory on any given Sunday. But enough about football. Did you know that the average person walks the equivalent of five times around the world in their lifetime? That's a lot of walking...

IMG_4706.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

Buy:  Floyd.  Great pickup, provided pressure on QBs and takes pressure off Groot.  Also, Benford, and Torrence.  Dude looks the part of a 10 year OG for the Bills.  

Hold:  Allen.  What an absolutely terrible game, which follows upon similar terrible games from last year.  If we had almost any other QB who started last week we win that game.  He was that bad.  

Sell:  OTs.  Yes, they played the Jets, but they looked awful.  

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He should not have had to try and make that tackle. Which was a tough angle at Halls ankles. The whole D line should have shifted left and did not. I think the MLB missed that call. Even McD said they were lined up wrong on that play after the game.

Edited by sunshynman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.