Rodgers out for the year (UPDATE: Rodgers wants to return for playoffs)

chongli

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

They've beat us 2 out of the last 3 times we've played.

Of course they can beat us.

yup. They are a tough matchup for our offense. 

their running game with a few toss ups to elite wrs is enough to hang if they control turnovers. Jets on the road was a game I hated opening with as I think it’s a spirit breaker for us. That it happened without Rodgers…. Ugh.

Crazy how bad the luck for the Jets is.

Have to wonder if this is career ending with Rodgers close to 40. 

Jets are an elite roster, but they are going to struggle to make the playoffs with Wilson at QB. 

I do think they may hang around in the playoff picture, but Wilson isn’t Purdy and their OL isn’t San Fran’s. 

Anybody post how the horrible turf at MetLife absolutely stuck his left cleat flat to the turf!

Horrible... His heel should be giving!

AaronRodgersLeftLegInjuryVs.BFLoBills_09112023(M).thumb.jpeg.2db2bc6295294ffffbaab3fc8017bf7a.jpeg

BrutalRodgersInjury_09112023(M).jpg.5064d8a264430c5fba13a854a79cec4c.jpg

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Crazy how bad the luck for the Jets is.

Have to wonder if this is career ending with Rodgers close to 40. 

Jets are an elite roster, but they are going to struggle to make the playoffs with Wilson at QB. 

I do think they may hang around in the playoff picture, but Wilson isn’t Purdy and their OL isn’t San Fran’s. 

They won game.  Football Gods gave us the doink but gave them the game!

• Shocked 2

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Anybody post how the horrible turf at MetLife absolutely stuck his left cleat flat to the turf!

AaronRodgersLeftLegInjuryVs.BFLoBills_09112023(M).thumb.jpeg.2db2bc6295294ffffbaab3fc8017bf7a.jpeg

Didn’t Rodgers strain his calf in the preseason? Burrow is next up. Perhaps the Bills can simply outlast all other teams until teams are down to the 2nd string QB. And in case of the Jets their 3rd stringer.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Didn’t Rodgers strain his calf in the preseason? Burrow is next up. Perhaps the Bills can simply outlast all other teams until teams are down to the 2nd string QB. And in case of the Jets their 3rd stringer.

Yeah.  Was it his left calf?  Pushed it over the edge now.

What turf did Breech Hall blow out his ACL on?

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.  Was it his left calf?  Pushed it over the edge now.

What turf did Breech Hall blow out his ACL on?

Burrow or Rodgers? These QBs are all one hit away from oblivion. Reason I don’t worry about anyone except Mahomes who plays on one leg. 

23 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I mean yes, this was miserable. But imagine sobering up and realizing that an entire offseason of hope along with building a team around a specific short window of time was essentially ruined in a minute. It sucked to be a Bills fan tonight, but it’s got to be worse to be a Jets fan. This will likely set them back another 10 years.

I'm not normally like this, but this brought out some sadism from my anger 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for cheering me up 🤣🤣🤣

I like Rodgers too. F*** I wish hard knocks was a few weeks longer. Would bust out the lotion to watch that

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I feel bad that Rodgers career ends like this.  Yeah, he's made millions, but the greats love to go out on their own terms and this is a ***** way to end a career. 

Yeah, but I really got sick of him over the last couple years. So I really don't care.

19 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They won game.  Football Gods gave us the doink but gave them the game!

Why expect 2 billionaires franchise owners to go halves on a new turf when this ones perfectly fine

(Actually more like go quarters if somehow draws tax dollars)

That damn rug has been violently stealing livelihoods for so long. Players need to approach players union and be willing to sit out games till they're all gone. Doesn't have to be grass but Detroit and NYorsey turfs need to go.

Inexplicable corner to cut. Will never stop amazing me

• Like (+1) 1

This loss was so senseless. I don't see The Jets going very far with Zach Wilson as their QB, and we lost this freaking game just like we did last year, to a team with a good defense, but thats about it. 

As for Rodgers. That is a heartbreaker. I would not wish something like this on any team.

I hate that we lost, but this is something a lot more devastating.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

What are the salary cap ramifications for the Jets?

It depends if he retires or not. They would have lost their 2024 1st round pick if he played 65% of snaps, but now they only lose their 2024 2nd. So they go that going for them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

The Packers basically got a first round pick swap, a second round pick and a 5th round pick from the Jets for four plays.

Three picks for 4 plays.....nice haul for the Packers!

Packers are bummed right now.  If Rodgers played a certain percentage, they would have received the Jets 1st.

12 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I read he was guaranteed $75mm over this year and next, but I’m no cap guru.

If he rehabs and comes back to play next year, yes. But that's a huge question mark. At his age an injury settlement seems a lot more likely. How many players come back from that injury at age 40? I'm going to guess zero.

Also, this guy is blowing up on social media, follow him for next week's lottery numbers.

5 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

They didn't need Aaron Rodgers to beat the Bills, Again

Once again, this is not about whether or not, they beat the bills at home

It’s about whether or not they’re season is about to go into the toilet because they don’t have a quarterback

It’s a marathon, not a sprint

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.