Oh no, poor billionaires losing money.

Pine Barrens Mafia

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Meanwhile lets put games on 3 different subscription services as the season goes on.

Highest bidders get each tv package. You think the NFL gives a damn how many channels you pay for?  Most people have ESPN already, and I would bet a large number also have amazon prime. What is the 3rd subscription service?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Dislike 2

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Highest bidders get each tv package. You think the NFL gives a damn how many channels you pay for?  Most people have ESPN already, and I would bet a large number also have amazon prime. What is the 3rd subscription service?

peacock, homie

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Don’t forget Sunday ticket and nfl network 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

peacock, homie

How many games are on peacock throughout the season homie?

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Don’t forget Sunday ticket and nfl network 

Sunday ticket has always been $$$.  Do you really expect to get that for free?

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

only one I care about, my dude

NFL and YT missed a huge opportunity to have a "team ticket" service

I am repeating myself but…They don’t  care!!!

The current system of handing out broadcast rights is making them fistfuls of $$$. No need to fix something that isn’t broke. 

Just now, LabattBlue said:

I am repeating myself but…They don’t  care!!!

The current system of handing out broadcast rights is making them fistfuls of $$$. No need to fix something that isn’t broke. 

Exactly the point of this thread

as long as they don't care, no one should care about pirate streams

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

They get their stadiums subsidized and largely paid for with public money...the games should be easily accessible to watch... or they could privately fund their stadiums and give back their anti trust exception. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Exactly the point of this thread

as long as they don't care, no one should care about pirate streams

Oops.  I got sidetracked.   If I was the NFL, I would also do everything possible to shutdown pirated streams.  I pay to watch games on Amazon, Peacock, and ESPN.  So should all the thiefs. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don’t care how rich they are, stealing from them, or anyone, is wrong. 

If you don’t like the cost, stop watching and following. THAT will sting in all kinds of ancillary ways. Jersey’s and general merch and such. 

I don’t blame anyone for trying to protect their rights. 

EDIT: Important note here, it says they “are losing” millions/year, which is a bit misleading. They are more accurately failing to capture that money. “Losing” almost makes it sound like the media would want to enflame people by implying the billionaires are actually claiming they are losing money. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The NFL is ridiculous to watch games. 
I haven’t had cable in a couple years and I tried to do it the “right way” by paying and it’s insanely difficult without getting roped into long term contracts that tend to get obnoxious at the end. If I was local I’d be satisfied to watch buffalo games and sit out the rest or catch up on social media to the rest of the league. 
Mostly anything free that is going to show illegal streams is hardly watchable between the quality being bad, the streams being shut down and buffering. I would love to see one of these executives tune into a free illegal stream, they’d probably laugh after 2-3 minutes and let it go. 
As for some paid services, I’ve had great luck when they’re working. Always the risk it just magically disappears though. 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t care how rich they are, stealing from them, or anyone, is wrong. 

If you don’t like the cost, stop watching and following. THAT will sting in all kinds of ancillary ways. Jersey’s and general merch and such. 

I don’t blame anyone for trying to protect their rights. 

Here's the thing about black markets:

They fill the needs that the legitimate markets don't.

That's why they're literally impossible to shut down. You're right, stealing IS wrong. But until they wise up, it's gonna keep happening.

10 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

They get their stadiums subsidized and largely paid for with public money...the games should be easily accessible to watch... or they could privately fund their stadiums and give back their anti trust exception. 

This is an excellent point as well.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

It isn't even a loss, right? 

Like sports leagues are not in the red because of it, they are just not making an additional $28B split between networks, streamers, advertisers, teams, and salary caps, right? I would think once you break down all the parties that that $28B goes to, the loss in profit is fairly negligible.

The cost for consumption is getting way too high. We have gone from basically free with an antenna, to heading to the bowling ally for $2 beers during blackout games, to needing to spend $100 per month on a streaming service on top of the $100 a month I spend on other streaming services in order to watch my football team. It is bonkers. The model is reaching its breaking point. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Mango said:

Like sports leagues are not in the red because of it, they are just not making an additional $28B split between networks, streamers, advertisers, teams, and salary caps, right? I would think once you break down all the parties that that $28B goes to, the loss in profit is fairly negligible.

The cost for consumption is getting way too high. We have gone from basically free with an antenna, to heading to the bowling ally for $2 beers during blackout games, to needing to spend $100 per month on a streaming service on top of the $100 a month I spend on other streaming services in order to watch my football team. It is bonkers. The model is reaching its breaking point. 

yep, and wait till tickets prices come out for new stadium

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

The NFL is ridiculous to watch games. 
I haven’t had cable in a couple years and I tried to do it the “right way” by paying and it’s insanely difficult without getting roped into long term contracts that tend to get obnoxious at the end. If I was local I’d be satisfied to watch buffalo games and sit out the rest or catch up on social media to the rest of the league. 
Mostly anything free that is going to show illegal streams is hardly watchable between the quality being bad, the streams being shut down and buffering. I would love to see one of these executives tune into a free illegal stream, they’d probably laugh after 2-3 minutes and let it go. 
As for some paid services, I’ve had great luck when they’re working. Always the risk it just magically disappears though. 

I cut the cord on a ton but not everything this summer. I use Kodi with a VPN and a scraper on my firestick. For movies, shows, etc. it works just as well as any other streaming service. I have run into issues in past attempts but for the most part for some of the later game stuff I wanted to watch out of market it was pretty solid.  I got through the recent World Cup with almost zero issues. The feed was great with minimal/no buffering.  It is getting a lot better.

I would be curious how a Bills game goes these days, but I don't want to chance it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’ve been paying for it for years… I’m more annoyed about the nuisance of 6 different platforms to watch a full season. 

give me a one stop shop already. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Here's the thing about black markets:

They fill the needs that the legitimate markets don't.

That's why they're literally impossible to shut down. You're right, stealing IS wrong. But until they wise up, it's gonna keep happening.

Does the price of a nice tenderloin excuse shoplifting? 

Sorry, I know many don’t like that line of thinking, despite knowing it’s true. Not judging. I’m just a rule follower in general. I get that people will always skirt around the edges for an advantage. That’s life. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

While I agree, I do put some blame on the people too. This only really happened due to people cutting the cord for cable. People originally went to streaming to save money. Now depending on how many you have it's costing the same as cable. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

Does the price of a nice tenderloin excuse shoplifting? 

Sorry, I know many don’t like that line of thinking, despite knowing it’s true. Not judging. I’m just a rule follower in general. I get that people will always skirt around the edges for an advantage. That’s life. 

I don't like it because it's squeezing fans who I guarantee already spend $$on NFL products and are just trying to save a buck

There have got to be other folks parasitizing the league that they could go after first

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Oops.  I got sidetracked.   If I was the NFL, I would also do everything possible to shutdown pirated streams.  I pay to watch games on Amazon, Peacock, and ESPN.  So should all the thiefs. 

Have you ever driven over the posted speed limit? That's illegal too. 

If they want to play whack-a-mole have at it... these sites have been around for decades. I can only speak for myself and maybe a dozen other people I know but I'll/we'll watch them however we see fit and if that means an out of the country website so be it. 

$12 beers should be illegal too lol

• Like (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Meanwhile lets put games on 3 different subscription services as the season goes on.

Why yes, that's exactly the point. You aren't giving them every last cent.  This year the Bills are likely going to be on a channel I can watch 13-14 times this year. I'm not spending $300+ just to be able to watch the 3 or 4 games that won't be on local Boston TV.

Speaking of being money-grubbing pr*cks, season ticket holders (me) used to get free NFL+ in time to watch the preseason games. This year they waited unto after preseason to offer us a generous 40% off!!

24 minutes ago, MPL said:

Honestly, I tried for over a decade to give them money for Sunday Ticket and they were always like, "no, sorry, it's not available in your area." 

So... illegal streams it was for me.

And now that Buffalo is in the top portion of the league they’re getting a bunch of prime time games which of course are not on the ticket lol 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.