Prediction for cut down day: AJ Klein will get cut

Punching Bag

• Simon changed the title to Prediction for cut down day: AJ Klein will get cut
6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Like the Bills have done in past with Dean Marlowe he will be cut so Bills can put a player on roster and then on short term IR.

Bills will then re-sign AJ Klein.

I think there’s a decent chance Klein initially makes the 53 until Bernard shows he can play MLB.  

Dodson’s performance today was very concerning and I don’t see how he can be anything more than a situational player and special teamer.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I think there’s a decent chance Klein initially makes the 53 until Bernard shows he can play MLB.  

Dodson’s performance today was very concerning and I don’t see how he can be anything more than a situational player and special teamer.  

I said Klein would be cut because there would be an understanding between him and the Bills and with him coming back he is secure that he would not be cut and then someone else replacing him cut from another team.

Dodson has not shown enough in four years (one year on PS) to be able to lead this defense.  Physically he is good but his instincts are bad and the MLB needs to know what he needs to do when offense shows their play.   He is losing his chance and it is affecting his temper.

Isabella also will be on the PS. Elam makes the 53 because he's gone if he doesn't. Cook, Harris, Murray and Gilliam Make the roster, but they'll try to get Johnson to the PS. They'll be looking for a potential starter at MLB after the cutdown. They're ok with Spencer Brown and Dane Jackson as starters.

Edited by GreggTX

WR Shorter cut.  (i called this on this board, back in April)

DT Poona Ford

QB Matt Barkley.  (being josh's buddy and a locker room guy isnt enough anymore.  We cannot ever actually allow you to take the field because you really are that bad, so . . .)

Edited by maddenboy

6 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Sternberger, Quessenberry cut

Sternberger is a goner. Don't think Quess will be cut. I think he is making the team.

Poona Ford will be cut. He has been next to worthless in the pre-season games.

12 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

No way in hell Klein is getting cut. They are super thin at LB as it is. Why cut a guy with experience in the system and has performed ? (5 sacks in 2020.) 

The OP is saying he is a candidate for the cut, wait in the car park, re-sign trick.

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Isabella also will be on the PS. Elam makes the 53 because he's gone if he doesn't. Cook, Harris, Murray and Gilliam Make the roster, but they'll try to get Johnson to the PS. They'll be looking for a potential starter at MLB after the cutdown. They're ok with Spencer Brown and Dane Jackson as starters.

I don't think Dane is going to start. I think Benford is. Looks to me like he has come out of that 3 man competition as the winner despite probably starting it in 3rd spot.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Poona Ford will be cut. He has been next to worthless in the pre-season games.

That would be a surprise given he's the best pure one technique behind D. Jones and McBeane love their space eating d-tackles.  I haven't heard many negatives coming out of training camp.  I think they keep five like they did last year as Phillips will pry get injured early on.

33 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honest question.

What has Harty and Sherfield done to earn spots over Shakir, Shorter, and Isabella? I've not seen much from Harty or Sherfield. 

I really like Shorter's size and he's one of those ST guys I like that can actually play his position. 

Sherfield has been standout among that group. Not even close. For a start:

1. He hasn't dropped the ball.

2. He hasn't blown a ST assignment.

3. He has genuinely shown he can play outside and inside. 

4. He blocks. 

On Harty I think it is a fairer question. He hasn't shown much at all beyond being a safe pair of hands fielding punts and kicks. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honest question.

What has Harty and Sherfield done to earn spots over Shakir, Shorter, and Isabella? I've not seen much from Harty or Sherfield. 

I really like Shorter's size and he's one of those ST guys I like that can actually play his position. 

Harty has not looked as quick or shifty to me as he was at NO.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

On Harty I think it is a fairer question. He hasn't shown much at all beyond being a safe pair of hands fielding punts and kicks. 

No drops either and that's a huge part of why they signed him and Sherfield (plus drafting Kincaid).  All low drop rate metrics.  It sucks we don't get to see practices to get the whole picture (closed practices) when it comes to cut down day.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No drops either and that's a huge part of why they signed him and Sherfield (plus drafting Kincaid).  All low drop rate metrics.  It sucks we don't get to see practices to get the whole picture (closed practices) when it comes to cut down day.

Yeah if it was run by WTF they would charge for practices so anyone could show up and watch including opposing scouts.

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yea he hasn't had a drop. But there hasn't been much else for the money they have given him.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yeah if it was run by WTF they would charge for practices so anyone could show up and watch including opposing scouts.

Who will be the new whipping boy now that Daniel Snyder is gone?

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he hasn't had a drop. But there hasn't been much else for the money they have given him.

I reserve my judgement until the regular season.  At this point last year Isaiah McKenzie was Cole Beasley 2.0 in most fans mind.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam will be whipping boy between the signing of Deshaun Watson and Pilot Flying J issue which he appeared to cooperate to help FBI in return for not being prosecuted despite knowing about scam. 

32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

i wonder if this is why woody johnson signed brett favre, aka Aaron rodgers.

dude.  you are in the top market.  you are underperforming.   for years on top of years.   Make that market pay, or we will find someone who will

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Honest question.

Shorter was bad on special teams.  He didnt stay in his lane and allowed a Bear to run free and nail our kick returner deep.  Then he missed the block on the blocked punt.

11 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I doubt Klein gets cut due to essentially no one else flashing strong, injuries to Bernard and now Specter. I think they may cut Matekavich this year as some of the younger guys can take his role on ST. Kameron Cline has been a ST demon. 

The point is he will be cut to allow someone to make the roster and be then put on IR. Then Klein gets signed back to 53 man roster.

Bills have done this a number of years with players who they want to keep rather than giving injury settlements and not be able to sign them later in year per rule.

Player being put on IR is aware of situation and agrees to it.

3 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I doubt Klein gets cut due to essentially no one else flashing strong, injuries to Bernard and now Specter. I think they may cut Matekavich this year as some of the younger guys can take his role on ST. Kameron Cline has been a ST demon. 

Yeah I agree on an Matakevich. Makes no sense to pay $2.5M for a an average ST-only player.

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The point is he will be cut to allow someone to make the roster and be then put on IR. Then Klein gets signed back to 53 man roster.

Bills have done this a number of years with players who they want to keep rather than giving injury settlements and not be able to sign them later in year per rule.

Player being put on IR is aware of situation and agrees to it.

Yeah but I think they signed Klein to a cheap deal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.