Who plays QB VS Bears?

Paul Costa

7 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Coach McDermott said JA17 will play Saturday. How much? 1 or 2 series’s probably. Are we going to play our backup Kyle Allen for 3 1/2 quarters? God knows he needs the work but that’s pretty risky with first game 2 weeks away. Barkley is out right?

Well guess they plan on giving Kyle plenty of game reps which he needs to be honest.  

16 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7p2Q2nfNCVy13-xScaWh

14 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.png.067f83dfbab3d05459b5ca4ed165f75f.png

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

image.jpeg.6945e8fef21dac57b3c87d3db5c24a63.jpeg

I was going to volunteer. What a great experience that would be! I just didn’t know there would be such competition. 

17 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Didn’t they bring in Matt Leinart a couple of days before they made him play in the preseason? Maybe they can do it again! 

I think they would have brought someone in by now. Kyle Allen looks like he will get all the work he can handle. 

If he gets hurt  and Barkley is out,  maybe Josh can come back in and just hand the ball off. 

They signed Leinart 10 years ago tomorrow. Also traded for Thad Lewis, the same day, and had Jeff Teul.

Edited by Herb Nightly

On 8/24/2023 at 8:01 PM, Herb Nightly said:

I think they would have brought someone in by now. Kyle Allen looks like he will get all the work he can handle. 

If he gets hurt  and Barkley is out,  maybe Josh can come back in and just hand the ball off. 

They signed Leinart 10 years ago tomorrow. Also traded for Thad Lewis, the same day, and had Jeff Teul.

If Kyle got hurt as ND Barkley 8s out they'd likely just have some fringe player hand off not even risking Josh at that point.  That would be very bad coaching.  I can understand having the starters get a bit more rust off but risking Josh when other 2 qbs we have a lot already hurt is totally irresponsible.

On 8/24/2023 at 8:01 PM, Herb Nightly said:

I clearly remember the 'Its Teul Time' cries from fans from that dark, dark era. 

Edited by Captain_Quint

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Isn't he hurt?

That was my point. If Barkley isn’t playing & Kyle Allen got hurt what then. And then who is backup vs Jets. Seems they know something we don’t. Joe Marino said he doesn’t see Barkley playing because of a elbow injury 

2 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

If Kyle got hurt as ND Barkley 8s out they'd likely just have some fringe player hand off not even risking Josh at that point.  That would be very bad coaching.  I can understand having the starters get a bit more rust off but risking Josh when other 2 qbs we have a lot already hurt is totally irresponsible.

If Kyle gets hurt and Barkley can't go, just pull the team off the field and forfeit.

Really.

What’s with this “ its to risky” bs, it’s football, it’s always risky, it’s a gladiator sport where guys hit each other really hard on purpose every play, in every game, if ya can’t take the heat stay out of the kitchen, as the saying goes. 

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

If Kyle gets hurt and Barkley can't go, just pull the team off the field and forfeit.

Really.

That would be a bad look. We probably need to have a 4th QB on the 90 man roster. I’m hoping Barkley can play and his “ elbow injury “ was just a convenient excuse to pull him before he broke a pre season record for most interceptions in a game. 

2 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

That would be a bad look. We probably need to have a 4th QB on the 90 man roster. I’m hoping Barkley can play and his “ elbow injury “ was just a convenient excuse to pull him before he broke a pre season record for most interceptions in a game. 

Yes, we need to avoid a "bad look" more than anything else, including an injury to Josh or missing the playoffs.

And rosters are 53 men, not 90 as of 72 hours from now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.