Expressions/Phrases You Hate

Gugny

20 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Around here?

"I'm concerned"

Really. You have the time and mental energy to be CONCERNED about a football team? I feel sad for you.

:lol:

I think technically it is only a serious problem if you are very concerned. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but...

In football (and probably other sports), it has become increasingly common for coaches, GMs, and broadcasters, when referring to an injury, to simply state the body part. Like: "He's gonna be out a while. He's got a knee". Or "we expect he'll miss some time, it's an ankle".

Just strikes me funny is all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Anything ending in more than two question marks. One is all you need, two for emphasis, but fourteen? C'mon, man.

Same for exclamation points.

🎶All you need is one!🎵

All together now!

🎶All you need is one!🎵

Everybody!

🎶All you need is one, one!🎵

🎶One is all you need.🎵

• Like (+1) 1

It has been mentioned, but ALL corporate-speak jargon is nauseating...even though I find myself using it more than I care to admit. Feel like I should shower or wash my mouth out with soap when I utter phrases like "touch base", "circle back", "sync up", etc.

Also, "No pun intended". ffs, of course the pun was intended.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

It has been mentioned, but ALL corporate-speak jargon is nauseating...even though I find myself using it more than I care to admit. Feel like I should shower or wash my mouth out with soap when I utter phrases like "touch base", "circle back", "sync up", etc.

with all due respect...

• Like (+1) 1

Years ago we played “buzzword bingo” when we went to “high level” meetings.   We would make our own 5x5 sheet like a bingo card but we would write in 24 words or phrases (the center was a free spot).   You had to make a copy before the meeting and play on the copy so you couldn’t cheat.   When you got five in a row you would cough loudly and mark the time on the sheet.  Everyone put in a couple of bucks.  A few times someone said BINGO!  It was hard to not laugh.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 8/30/2023 at 10:01 AM, DD4Bills said:

A recent one in my workplace is 'lean into'.  

Another pet peeve of mine is the overuse of acronyms. Here's a line from someone's recent meeting notes: "KM to send BS B2O BPS options document". The best part is that BS is someone's initials - and BS is referred to as BHS further up in the notes. Also, B20 should have been S2O. WTF?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

A recent one in my workplace is 'lean into'.  

Another pet peeve of mine is the overuse of acronyms. Here's a line from someone's recent meeting notes: "KM to send BS B2O BPS options document". The best part is that BS is someone's initials - and BS is referred to as BHS further up in the notes. Also, B20 should have been S2O. WTF?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.