Tommy Doyle INJURY ????????????????????????????

Snappysnackcakes

13 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

No Doyle. No Shell. And Quessenberry plays like a boysenberry. And oh yeah, CB2 is unsettled, MLB is in shambles, and both starting OTs are underwhelming. Did I miss anything?

That about sums it up. I will retain hope that Dawkins can return to decent form because he has proven it in the past. But there are definite concerns here. None of them are shocking in any way

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

The guy needs to just retire, he must of gone on a ladder walking under, mirror smashing escapade at a black cat convention with how his luck is.

Didn't he go down awkwardly last week also after his leg got rolled up on and was holding his knee??

Wonder if that played a part in this...

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, 5ths the charm said:

Hope he wasn't the plan this year...

He most definitely was in the competition to be a swing tackle for the Bills.  The Bills will need to look for some veteran competition for Quessenberry, who looks like the fall back option at swing tackle.    He's not the worst backup in the league, but I am pretty sure the Bills were hoping to be better.  The retirement of Shell and the injury to Doyle pretty much screwed that.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/13/2023 at 9:19 PM, Prospector said:

In college, I was held out a couple of weeks because of a diagnosed knee contusion that never seemed to get better. They finally sent me in for an MRI, and it was a completely torn ACL... the sad thing is that our head trainer who made the initial prognosis used to be a trainer for the Bills. 

With all due respect, it a trainer is making a diagnosis, there was a problem with your college team's injury protocol.  I'm pretty sure that Doyle is going to have an MRI or some test that will give a definitive diagnosis in the next day or so.

On 8/13/2023 at 9:19 PM, Prospector said:

In college, I was held out a couple of weeks because of a diagnosed knee contusion that never seemed to get better. They finally sent me in for an MRI, and it was a completely torn ACL... the sad thing is that our head trainer who made the initial prognosis used to be a trainer for the Bills. 

Last week it was the right knee this was the left….same he tore his acl

25 minutes ago, In Summary said:

That article was written as an observation of the same thing everybody watching also saw.  It has no information from medical professionals who examined him, or from team spokesmen who might have updated information.  It looked gruesome to be sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean the worst case scenario will come to pass.

15 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

That article was written as an observation of the same thing everybody watching also saw.  It has no information from medical professionals who examined him, or from team spokesmen who might have updated information.  It looked gruesome to be sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean the worst case scenario will come to pass.

I didn't get to see it. Injury was left leg, different than last year's right leg acl. I too hope the young man can hear something positive tomorrow. 

30 minutes ago, In Summary said:

I didn't get to see it. Injury was left leg, different than last year's right leg acl. I too hope the young man can hear something positive tomorrow.  

Yeah, it was his left knee.  As he was going down, his left leg was out straight and got hyperextended.

7 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Yeah, it was his left knee.  As he was going down, his left leg was out straight and got hyperextended.

Let's hope it's nothing more serious than that

Like if you've ever hit your funny bone and it hurts like heck to start but gradually it feels normal again. 

Right leg last year, left leg this year. The guy is cursed. Hyperextensions are painful as hell. I'm not sure if they put just a brace on his leg or an air cast. Either way, it didn't look good. I feel terrible for the kid. Maybe the Bills can convince Shell to come back now that he would most likely get more playing time.  

6 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

At least twice that happened.  If Van Demark is on this roster Game 1 Josh won't survive the season.

Van Denmark was excellent last night from what I saw, playing exclusively LT. I specifically watched him on all of his snaps and I didn't see him lose a single rep, and I'm pretty sure he played the entire 2nd half so he put a lot of reps on tape. I would need to see him perform well against starting caliber talent before I fully buy in but I am certainly encouraged by what I've seen from him in each preseason game at LT.

What makes you think him being on the roster is a bad thing?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 1

On 8/13/2023 at 3:46 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

Dude got his surgically repaired knee rolled up on. That isn’t injury prone if he was walking it off.

He might be Injury Prone.   We should probably define it to make sure we are all talking about the same thing.  (not that i'm right, but we should all be talking about the same thing imo, on any topic)

I dont think it means a guy is unlucky.   And i dont think it means he makes bad decisions to put himself in harms way, too much.

It could be genetics

it could be conditioning

it could be not working out correctly.  Or not listening to the trainers

it could be his form / fundamentals / mechanics.   And this is where bad conditioning reportedly makes players lazy about technique when they are tired

it could be he has other injuries which are making him favor certain techniques, even though coaches tell him its bad form

it could be a lot of things.  

I think the bottom line is:  If anybody woulda got injured doing what he did, of course its not his fault (unless he shouldnta been there in the first place, like diving onto a pile or something). 

But if he keeps getting injured, repeatedly, doing things that wouldnt always cause injury, then we get toward Injury Prone

On 8/13/2023 at 6:53 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Fully torn meniscus and ACL they didn't diagnose!? Damn 

reminds me of that line from that motivational speaker Les Brown, discussing second opinions:

"They have a name for the person who graduated dead-last in his medical school class. 

Doctor."

2 hours ago, maddenboy said:

reminds me of that line from that motivational speaker Les Brown, discussing second opinions:

"They have a name for the person who graduated dead-last in his medical school class. 

Doctor."

Yeah but lines like that are half truths lol

It's not like you could become a doctor with a 2.5 GPA lol there's a minimum grade requirement

But sure everyone who passes medical school is a doctor

On 8/13/2023 at 9:27 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'd be surprised if Doyle makes the squad. He's had too many injuries and hasn't really developed. And I don't see the team keeping 5 OT's. With Dawkins, Brown, Quessenberry, and Shell - it'll be hard for him to beat out any of those 4. Maybe they keep 1 Veteran between Quessenberry and Shell so they can hold on to Doyle. But this could be the end for him on the 53.

He can probably beat out the retired guy.

Edited by without a drought

On 8/13/2023 at 9:53 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Fully torn meniscus and ACL they didn't diagnose!? Damn 

Team doctor:

image.thumb.jpeg.e7ab853d81c33fb5d03048ea5bc3341b.jpeg
EDIT:

This thread should have been merged into the other Doyle thread.  Far too many question marks in the title. 🤨

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, 5ths the charm said:

Might need to look at cuts coming soon

I think it's a lock. They always look to improve the roster And this is indeed a loss for the team.   We all pretty much agree  depth is concerning

I hate injuries especially so devastating as this one. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, muppy said:

I think it's a lock. They always look to improve the roster And this is indeed a loss for the team.   We all pretty much agree  depth is concerning

I hate injuries especially so devastating as this one. 

I think the starters are more concerning than the depth 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah but lines like that are half truths lol

It's not like you could become a doctor with a 2.5 GPA lol there's a minimum grade requirement

But sure everyone who passes medical school is a doctor

Actual the final test to become a Dr is paa or fall which yes you can get a 65 and still pass.

6 hours ago, maddenboy said:

Doctor."

When I went to UB I worked in Health Sciences Library.   

There were three male regulars who studied together and I heard a conversation one time while working.

Male 1: You need to work on your grades.

Male 2: I am doing well enough to pass.

Male 1: Good enough to pass is not good enough if you want to intern in a good hospital.

Male 2: I do not intend on interning.

Male 3: What do you plan on doing? Going overseas or join military?
Male 2: Go to law school.

Male 1: Law school? All that work to be a lawyer?

Male 2: My father is a partner in his firm.  Medical malpractice is big business and I can be making 6 figures when I graduate without working as an intern and also get paid as medical expert in trials.

Not all who graduate at bottom are doctors.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.