Moulds interview on working this offseason with Shakir and footage

Alphadawg7

Good interview here and some footage of the workouts between him and Shakir.  Love to see a young player who wants to reach their potential and putting in the work.  Kid needs to earn his role on this team still, nothing will be handed to him, but I do remain optimistic on him and his upside.  I love Moulds approach here on how he handled identifying the areas to work on and the things that were already working for him.  

Man...this just brings back memories too of how shafted Moulds got in terms of the QB's a lot of his career got wasted on.  As good as he was, he would have been even better had he gotten a better luck of the draw on QB's during his career.  I have no doubt he would have HOF credentials had he gotten to play with say Allen his whole career.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 6

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good interview here and some footage of the workouts between him and Shakir.  Love to see a young player who wants to reach their potential and putting in the work.  Kid needs to earn his role on this team still, nothing will be handed to him, but I do remain optimistic on him and his upside.  I love Moulds approach here on how he handled identifying the areas to work on and the things that were already working for him.  

Man...this just brings back memories too of how shafted Moulds got in terms of the QB's a lot of his career got wasted on.  As good as he was, he would have been even better had he gotten a better luck of the draw on QB's during his career.  I have no doubt he would have HOF credentials had he gotten to play with say Allen his whole career.  

Dont get @BADOLBILZstarted on moulds 

He will admit he was talented then tell you 15 reasons why playing with better QBs wouldn't have impacted him that much since he was already force fed and the focal point 

Josh Gordon syndrome ... You can put up insane stats with bad quarterbacks if they know how to get you the ball

He averaged like 135 targets a year for 6-7 straight years and lost explosiveness with age 

He definitely had Hall of Fame talent but he needed a better start and finish to his career

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He will admit he was talented then tell you 15 reasons why playing with better QBs wouldn't have impacted him that much since he was already force fed and the focal point 

Josh Gordon syndrome ... You can put up insane stats with bad quarterbacks if they know how to get you the ball

He averaged like 135 targets a year for 6-7 straight years and lost explosiveness with age 

He definitely had Hall of Fame talent but he needed a better start and finish to his career

He had HOF talent in 1998.    That's for sure.   That WR class he was in really hit the ground putting up big numbers.........except him.    He was screwing off.   But even if he'd put up an extra 2K in the first two years he still wouldn't have made the HOF though.    I don't think advanced stats would be favorable to him either.   He struggled to get open regularly after 2000 and dropped a lot of passes by todays standards.    Hall of Very Good.   Like a Joe Horn or Derrick Mason.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Quint said:

Smooth hips, but alligator arms, unfortunately. 

Speaking of long extremities.   Anybody remember Merton Hanks?  That guy was all neck.  I don't know how he made it through 9 years playing safety without a serious injury.  

173a3513f0f1c7ada425f38ce02d7988-(1).jpg

6 minutes ago, Lost said:

Speaking of long extremities.   Anybody remember Merton Hanks?  That guy was all neck.  I don't know how he made it through 9 years playing safety without a serious injury.  

Mike Glennon has entered the chat

image.thumb.jpeg.d88c369b1d7d333d1e56d8778542326a.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Looks like you’re the one getting him started 

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good interview here and some footage of the workouts between him and Shakir.  Love to see a young player who wants to reach their potential and putting in the work.  

Can't fault a young guy from working hard in the off season. Also nice to hear him learning from one of the best. 

But, to state the obvious, it has to translate to on-field performance. Reports from TC are not very encouraging . 

56 minutes ago, Lost said:

steve-grogan-jpeg.thumb.webp.0f712dcfef78ff2739c9e5c4e59a5be9.webp

I always thought the neck HOF was founded by Steve Grogan

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Can't fault a young guy from working hard in the off season. Also nice to hear him learning from one of the best. 

But, to state the obvious, it has to translate to on-field performance. Reports from TC are not very encouraging . 

Agreed, but reports have also been a bit conflicting.  And keep in mind, its early still and pads just went on.  Real practice is just beginning and this next month is when players will really start to show where they are at.  Any positive or negative buzz thus far in camp is pretty meaningless to be honest.  Some guys excel in shorts, others start to show up when the pads are on...happens every year.  

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He had HOF talent in 1998.    That's for sure.   That WR class he was in really hit the ground putting up big numbers.........except him.    He was screwing off.   But even if he'd put up an extra 2K in the first two years he still wouldn't have made the HOF though.    I don't think advanced stats would be favorable to him either.   He struggled to get open regularly after 2000 and dropped a lot of passes by todays standards.    Hall of Very Good.   Like a Joe Horn or Derrick Mason.

Disagree, strongly, about the dating here. He struggled to get open after he tore his hamstring early in the 2003 season (at the end of game 5 in OT vs Cincy). At the beginning of that season, he looked the best he ever did. In the first two games of that year he had 11 catches for 214 yards. He had a dud vs Miami in game 3, but so did everyone - the offense got stomped and was held to 118 total yards. Against Philly and Cincy, though, he had 17 catches for 213 yards. He was uncoverable that year through five games: on pace for 99 catches and 1462 yards. It would have been on a par more or less with his 1998 season. 

Then the hamstring tear happened and he looked like had sand in his joints the rest of his career.

As for 2001, the team was so bad and the QBs so bad that he really suffered, stat wise. The Bills only had 18 TD passes that season vs. 20 INTs. The collective passer rating for the team was an abysmal 74.7.  

Edited by dave mcbride

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Moulds was one of the biggest “what ifs” in Bills history. With even average QB play he could’ve been a HOFer. Always pissed me off that he is 5 yards short of 10k receiving yards. 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Disagree, strongly, about the dating here. He struggled to get open after he tore his hamstring early in the 2003 season (at the end of game 5 in OT vs Cincy). At the beginning of that season, he looked the best he ever did. In the first two games of that year he had 11 catches for 214 yards. He had a dud vs Miami in game 3, but so did everyone - the offense got stomped and was held to 118 total yards. Against Philly and Cincy, though, he had 17 catches for 213 yards. He was uncoverable that year through five games: on pace for 99 catches and 1462 yards. It would have been on a par more or less with his 1998 season. 

Then the hamstring tear happened and he looked like had sand in his joints the rest of his career.

As for 2001, the team was so bad and the QBs so bad that he really suffered, stat wise. The Bills only had 18 TD passes that season vs. 20 INTs. The collective passer rating for the team was an abysmal 74.7.  

He never looked as good as he did after 1998.   Not even close.   It was disheartening what he did to himself, really.   Got too big at the expense of what had been just enough speed and quickness to be able to blend with his great strength and be a top 2 WR in the NFL.   He dropped off considerably.   Just because he put up a brief stretch of similar numbers 5 years later doesn't mean he was always the same player as 1998.   

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He never looked as good as he did after 1998.   Not even close.   It was disheartening what he did to himself, really.   Got too big at the expense of what had been just enough speed and quickness to be able to blend with his great strength and be a top 2 WR in the NFL.   He dropped off considerably.   Just because he put up a brief stretch of similar numbers 5 years later doesn't mean he was always the same player as 1998.   

He absolutely shredded the Pats and Jaguar defenses in the first two games of the 2003 season. I remember those games well, so I'm not simply relying on stats. He was uncoverable.   

8 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He absolutely shredded the Pats and Jaguar defenses in the first two games of the 2003 season. I remember those games well, so I'm not simply relying on stats. He was uncoverable.   

There is a difference between being uncoverable and being uncovered for a game or two.    See Gabe Davis in the AFC divisional round game in KC. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.