The duo is back!

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

It was incredible. That was a perfect pass. I mean the WR could have caught it with his eyes closed. And Hyde seemed to have come out of no where and make an insanely athletic catch. It was a thing of beauty. 

edit: just click the “watch on YouTube”

Not taking anything away from Hyde, that was an amazingly athletic play on his part, but it was far from a perfect pass. If you watch the pylon view at the end, it's behind Aghalor and because of Jone's barely NFL caliber arm he's got to put a ton of air under it so it takes forever to get to the WR. A perfectly thrown pass would have been out in front of Aghalor without the loft on it and Hyde would have had no shot at it.

9 hours ago, transient said:

Not taking anything away from Hyde, that was an amazingly athletic play on his part, but it was far from a perfect pass. If you watch the pylon view at the end, it's behind Aghalor and because of Jone's barely NFL caliber arm he's got to put a ton of air under it so it takes forever to get to the WR. A perfectly thrown pass would have been out in front of Aghalor without the loft on it and Hyde would have had no shot at it.

Mentioned this earlier in the thread, Josh made almost the same exact play around that same time in the game. Except with his cannon arm he was able to rope it and get the ball there like a full second earlier, avoiding the safety coming over the top and picking it off as opposed to McCorkle's duck.

It was awesome that the broadcast then put the plays up side by side and picked apart McCorkle's weak ass throw. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Fat Boys are back...

And they could never ever ever be whack...

ba-ba-ba-baby you're a rich man!

i don't know why, but i was thinking of the movie disorderlies.  loved it.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Einstein said:

Agreed. This has the potential of a very disastrous season.

- Von coming off of an ACL

- Hyde coming off of a serious neck injury

- Poyer coming off of a year he was consistently banged up AND showed signs of decline

I truly question whether Von will be toast. Its one thing to come back from an ACL when you're in your mid 20's. But 34? Different ballgame.

I think Von will be fine.  This was a less serious tear than the one from his 20's.  Also, we have Floyd to cover in Von's absence.  Greg R. shows up when he has someone opposite him to take blocks.

Hyde should be fine. 

Poyer did get beat up, that's likely the result of playing too much and covering too much at the position due to Hyde being out, and now we have a healthy Hyde and Rapp to take the load off Poyer.  

I'm more worried about whether we will continue to see the passive defense of the past few seasons or a more aggressive D that can get it done in the playoffs.  

Just now, Jon in Pasadena said:

And Marilyn Watson for one episode. And Lee Meriwether in the 1966 movie.

I think they're both still alive.

I forgot about the Batman movie. That is when Lee Meriwether played Catwoman. I don't know who Marilyn Watson is. I always thought in the TV show it was Julie Newmar and Ertha Kitt who only played Catwoman.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gregg said:

I forgot about the Batman movie. That is when Lee Meriwether played Catwoman. I don't know who Marilyn Watson is. I always thought in the TV show it was Julie Newmar and Ertha Kitt who only played Catwoman.

Marilyn was Julie's stuntwoman, so she actually appeared in some action scenes in a few episodes, but in the last Catwoman episode "The Entrancing Dr. Cassandra" Marilyn actually played Catwoman in every scene.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gregg said:

She's dead. Both her and Julie Newmar played Catwoman. Julie filled out that catwoman suit very nicely.

harsh with the Dead comment albeit true enough. and Julie was no slouch

She was hot

just her accent was enough to give Batman pause

purrrrrfect

Hyde and Poyer have been my favorite Bills safety tandem since they arrived nearly
BTW adding a Rapp to the team ? Should be a great fit and add a dimension to support the creeping LBs :)

Edited by 3rdand12

20 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

That's why we signed Rapp.  

Rapp is probably better in some situations.

It would be good that he be heavily rotated and in some cases three safeties of field.

An advantage of Hyder & Poyer is they are very football smart and can play either position even when it can be distinguished per-snap.

Rapp can study with them and join the rotation to really confuse defenses.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

And Marilyn Watson for one episode. And Lee Meriwether in the 1966 movie.

I think they're both still alive.

I actually have the DVD version(they did not have DVDs back then,) but its still good fun , of the movie. all the characters are in it, And the definition of Campy  lol

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

They’re great. They’re also older. That could be an issue, so let’s get this damn championship thing done this season please. 

heck yes !

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Or Ranch Taco Dressing - two things which belong together for they both make me image.png.db9c45686d4466183f313024fff4de55.png

I hate the offseason.

wait

Ranch Taco dressing >

Is this something new from Taco Bell ?

Poyer Hyde Rapp. Should get us through the season nicely

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

wait

Ranch Taco dressing >

Is this something new from Taco Bell ?

No. Something I saw on shelf when shopping.  I assume it is for a salad but did not read further.

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Poyer Hyde Rapp. Should get us through the season nicely

Agree.  Question is how many safeties and how many CBs will be on roster.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

No. Something I saw on shelf when shopping.  I assume it is for a salad but did not read further.

Agree.  Question is how many safeties and how many CBs will be on roster.

Depends on the LBs perhaps ?

I feel that might be a weakness. Box safeties or run / underneath types might be more utilized this season

Be interested to see how Taron fits as well. he was over burdened last season by the Coaching imo

Edited by 3rdand12

10 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Depends on the LBs perhaps ?

I feel that might be a weakness. Box safeties or run / underneath types might be more utilized this season

Be interested to see how Taron fits as well. he was over burdened last season by the Coaching imo

Poyer for a safety is very strong. One game they did a stunt and he occupied a lineman while defense lineman helped engage end so two could blitz from one side.  Lineman looked at him with look "What do you think you are doing?" and then he started pushing the offense lineman into pocket.

Hyde is really a hybrid Safety and CB and can play any position.

Rapp is very athletic but not as fast as some other safeties.  He has boundless energy however and when Bills are playing contain having someone who can come in fresh will help a lot.  He started for Rams for last 2 years.  He seems more of a substitute for Poyer to me than Hyde and Hyde is the one whose contract ends this year.  He is very good tackler but not so good in coverage.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/6/2023 at 4:53 PM, Jon in Pasadena said:

Marilyn was Julie's stuntwoman, so she actually appeared in some action scenes in a few episodes, but in the last Catwoman episode "The Entrancing Dr. Cassandra" Marilyn actually played Catwoman in every scene.

Ok, I’m a little wielded out you know that much about the actresses who played cat woman in the 60’s.  I

Im not sure how this thread about Hyde and Poyer being back together evolved into a 60’s silly show as much as I loved the reruns when I was a kid.  I remember it along with green lantern on ch. 29 in the afternoon.  Ch. 29 is a real blast from the past.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2023 at 10:40 AM, hondo in seattle said:

Agreed.  Maybe we'll see some Big Nickel?  

Hondo, I said this in someone else’s thread, but I’m guessing with impending tough 12 personnel from opponents and a strong running game, we’ll see more Rapp than 11 personnel teams where Taron will be the go to.  I’m very excited for what McD is going to dial up this year.  

Beane eluded to wanting even more speed at the MLB so Dorian and the development of Bernard makes a great deal of sense.

It’s a miracle Poyer re-signed. We talk a lot about how things almost never break our way and we’re always short on luck. Whatever it was: his loan shark used car salesman of an agent overselling him on getting paid, soft safety position free agent market, or Miami just not ponying up enough money, it was the first lucky break we got this season. 

• Agree 1

On 7/5/2023 at 5:40 AM, Beast said:

If these two are able to stay healthy.

That's a big if. I'd be surprised if the two are relatively healthy throughout the season. 

This tandom is awesome when healthy even at their ages. I think they are the heart and soul of the defense. They have become two of my favorite Bills defensive players for quite some time now. 

Please please please football gods keep them heathly. 

14 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Hondo, I said this in someone else’s thread, but I’m guessing with impending tough 12 personnel from opponents and a strong running game, we’ll see more Rapp than 11 personnel teams where Taron will be the go to.  I’m very excited for what McD is going to dial up this year.  

Beane eluded to wanting even more speed at the MLB so Dorian and the development of Bernard makes a great deal of sense.

I agree about looking forward to what McD will be bringing week to week !

Imagine he is too. Might be fun for him to be more hands on.

But yes the defense will have to change up a bit because of personnel. Dont want to sound negative , buts Edmunds leaving might be the best thing that could have happened for Defense scheming. A shot in the arm  

Sincerely looking forward to watching the defense front to back this year !

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I agree about looking forward to what McD will be bringing week to week !

Imagine he is too. Might be fun for him to be more hands on.

But yes the defense will have to change up a bit because of personnel. Dont want to sound negative , buts Edmunds leaving might be the best thing that could have happened for Defense scheming. A shot in the arm  

Sincerely looking forward to watching the defense front to back this year !

Go Bills

3/12, that’s how I’m looking at it.  More creativity, aggressiveness, power up front, speed at the second level, and a ton of experience god willing the pros stay healthy.  Lastly, the Rapp addition for what I’ve mentioned above, and McD will be like a pig in slop.

These media questions because it’s pre TC of McD being able to run a defense and the team.  That’s nuts as no one questions, Reid, McVeigh, or others in the past running the DC or OC role along with the team.  We are a seasoned team with a good culture, a HC with 7 yrs experience, and talent.  I love him taking in the defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.