Looking at the Bills’ schedule there’s games with big ramifications.

Tipster19

I watched Rich Eisen and he talked about the Bills’ schedule and made some good points. When I thought about the games, both on the road against the Chiefs and Bengals holds great ramifications for all 3 teams. It can only go one of two different ways for all 3 teams. In scenario #1 one team goes 2-0, second team goes 1-1 and the third team goes 0-2 or scenario #2 is that all 3 teams go 1-1. If the pundits are correct these 3 teams will be battling for position in the play-offs so obviously these 3 games will make a major difference in the post season standings to all 3 teams.

The other realization that came to me is that the Bills have a potential 8 prime time games if you consider the season ender at Miami that is still undetermined. It starts off fairly well in the first few games, even the 2 on the road against the Jets in the season opener and then in game #3 against Washington due to geographically those 2 games are pretty close to home. Once they play against Jacksonville, technically a “home” game but according to Eisen the Jaguars are already in London because they (Jaguars) are playing 2 in a row over there with Buffalo being the second game to them (Jaguars) begins some journeys for the Bills. Buffalo goes 3-5, meaning 3 at home and 5 on the road in these prime time games. Also 6 out of the 8 games are against the AFC. Out of the 6 games against the AFC in prime time games 4 are on the road as well. The schedule makers, imo, didn’t do the Bills any favors. The Bills are gonna have to be road warriors in these prime time games just to have a chance of winning the division.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I watched Rich Eisen and he talked about the Bills’ schedule and made some good points. When I thought about the games, both on the road against the Chiefs and Bengals holds great ramifications for all 3 teams. It can only go one of two different ways for all 3 teams. In scenario #1 one team goes 2-0, second team goes 1-1 and the third team goes 0-2 or scenario #2 is that all 3 teams go 1-1. If the pundits are correct these 3 teams will be battling for position in the play-offs so obviously these 3 games will make a major difference in the post season standings to all 3 teams.

The other realization that came to me is that the Bills have a potential 8 prime time games if you consider the season ender at Miami that is still undetermined. It starts off fairly well in the first few games, even the 2 on the road against the Jets in the season opener and then in game #3 against Washington due to geographically those 2 games are pretty close to home. Once they play against Jacksonville, technically a “home” game but according to Eisen the Jaguars are already in London because they (Jaguars) are playing 2 in a row over there with Buffalo being the second game to them (Jaguars) begins some journeys for the Bills. Buffalo goes 3-5, meaning 3 at home and 5 on the road in these prime time games. Also 6 out of the 8 games are against the AFC. Out of the 6 games against the AFC in prime time games 4 are on the road as well. The schedule makers, imo, didn’t do the Bills any favors. The Bills are gonna have to be road warriors in these prime time games just to have a chance of winning the division.

No worries at all. The Bills have one of the best rosters and coaching staff in the league. 

Trust the process fans. 

The only thing that can stop us is injuries. 

Go Bills!!!

23 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

There are other possible results - teams can tie or a game can be forfeited like happened last year - but I think our playoff position will be mostly determined by week 14, Kansa City game.  

We also have extra days to prepare for Bengals and Chiefs.

Should be two hard fought wins for the Bills. These teams are going to see a new and improved Bills team. I'd be surprised if they lose these games. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

I’ve read a lot of whining about the difficulty of the Bills schedule but this is how the NFL is set up, and has been for decades. The best teams play the best teams…and generally in prime time. The challenge for Bills fans is getting used to them being one of the best teams. In the end, the best teams still make the playoffs every year with a couple of Cinderella stories to keep it interesting for the parity lovers. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If KC doesn't get the #1 seed again. I could see the Jaguars getting it. Easy division so they should be able to rack up a decent number of wins. The AFCE and AFCN are tough divisions. Every team in North hates one another and those teams will beat each other up. Same for the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins in the east. All of these teams will have to many losses to get the #1 seed. IMHO.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

why should the schedule makers do the Bills a favor? I don't understand your statement. The Bills should get special treatment from the league?

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If KC doesn't get the #1 seed again. I could see the Jaguars getting it. Easy division so they should be able to rack up a decent number of wins. The AFCE and AFCN are tough divisions. Every team in North hates one another and those teams will beat each other up. Same for the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins in the east. All of these teams will have to many losses to get the #1 seed. IMHO.

I see the Jags winning the division, but it's not going to be the cakewalk (credit @teef) that many think it will IMO. 

That division always plays each other tough. And while the Jags did improve on paper I believe the other teams in that division did as well. Houston is going to surprise some folks this year. At the very least they will be a tough win. As much as I despise Vrabel as a person I will give credit that he always has his team ready to play. And the Titans had a pretty good draft. 

• Like (+1) 4

57 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I see the Jags winning the division, but it's not going to be the cakewalk (credit @teef) that many think it will IMO. 

That division always plays each other tough. And while the Jags did improve on paper I believe the other teams in that division did as well. Houston is going to surprise some folks this year. At the very least they will be a tough win. As much as I despise Vrabel as a person I will give credit that he always has his team ready to play. And the Titans had a pretty good draft. 

And Jacksonville has yet to prove that they are anything special.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I'll believe it when I see it. The Jags are an average team until proven otherwise. They went 9-8 last year and that's great for them, but it is a huge leap to get to 13+ wins and get the 1 seed.

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'll believe it when I see it. The Jags are an average team until proven otherwise. They went 9-8 last year and that's great for them, but it is a huge leap to get to 13+ wins and get the 1 seed.

I think you will see it this year. They have the best QB in the division. Lawrence is also proving that he is one of the best young QB's in the league. They have a solid roster as well. I think the Jags in the AFC and Lions in the NFC are two teams to watch. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

And they barely outdueled the great Josh Dobbs in week 18 to best whatever Tennessee had left to win the division.  

18 minutes ago, MJS said:

They started 2-6 but won 6 of their last 7, and 7 of their last 9.  Remember, they had that ***** Meyer as coach the year prior.  Lawrence in his third season now.  They also played respectable in the playoffs and made @KC a game into the 4th Q despite being outmatched.  

Not one should sleep on them.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

They started 2-6 but won 6 of their last 7, and 7 of their last 9.  Remember, they had that ***** Meyer as coach the year prior.  Lawrence in his third season now.  They also played respectable in the playoffs and made @KC a game into the 4th Q despite being outmatched.  

Not one should sleep on them.  

I am not going to project the Jags, of all teams, to become a great team. They have to prove it to me, just like the Bills had to prove it when they were a laughing stock organization coming out of the drought.

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not saying they will fail, but I just need to see it from them. Last year could have easily been a fluke. Teams go on good runs and then regress to the mean all the time.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I am not going to project the Jags, of all teams, to become a great team. They have to prove it to me, just like the Bills had to prove it when they were a laughing stock organization coming out of the drought.

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not saying they will fail, but I just need to see it from them. Last year could have easily been a fluke. Teams go on good runs and then regress to the mean all the time.

Lawrence isn't a fluke. 

Do with the data what you will.  🙂

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He just explains to you that they already showed it last season winning 6 of 7 and a very competitive game in Arrowhead…. Not to mention a SB winning HC. 

That is not proving anything. Getting to 9-8 and losing a game in the playoffs does not vault you to the #1 seed.

46 minutes ago, MJS said:

What have the Bills proven that the Jags haven't?  Both win their division and a playoff game.  Jacksonville put up a solid fight in the divisional round as well.

The Bills are +130 to win the division this year.  The Jags are -170.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Billl said:

What have the Bills proven that the Jags haven't?  Both win their division and a playoff game.  Jacksonville put up a solid fight in the divisional round as well.

Lol the Bills are going to kick their teeth in … you’ll see the difference in Jolly old England 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Billl said:

Hilarious. You are actually serious with this crap?

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Hilarious. You are actually serious with this crap?

Of course I'm serious.  What have the Bills "proven"?  They can win their division.  So can the Jaguars.  They can win a wildcard game.  So can the Jaguars.

Beyond that, they've got a third year QB compared to Allen being in his sixth year, so they're just not quite as far into they're window as the Bills are.  What is it you think Buffalo has proved that the Jags haven't?

Edited by Billl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

33 minutes ago, Billl said:

Of course I'm serious.  What have the Bills "proven"?  They can win their division.  So can the Jaguars.  They can win a wildcard game.  So can the Jaguars.

Beyond that, they've got a third year QB compared to Allen being in his third year, so they're just not quite as far into they're window as the Bills are.  What is it you think Buffalo has proved that the Jags haven't?

Bills have proven consistency. Division winner the last few years. Jags have done it once. Let’s see if they can have consistency.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

Bills have proven consistency. Division winner the last few years. Jags have done it once. Let’s see if they can have consistency.

On top of that, Lawrence's 2nd season was better than Allen's, and he had no better WRs.  

In his rookie season he had Urban Meyer as a coach, ... YUCK!  

4 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

They're a well-coached team, by offensive types.  I'm pretty sure that they'll do just fine. 

IMO Press Taylor's going to be a hot commodity for a HC gig following the season.  

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

On top of that, Lawrence's 2nd season was better than Allen's, and he had no better WRs.  

In his rookie season he had Urban Meyer as a coach, ... YUCK!  

I’m sold in Lawrence. He’s solid for sure. Especially now with Pederson. Will he be in Allen/Burrow elite space? Gotta see more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I’m sold in Lawrence. He’s solid for sure. Especially now with Pederson. Will he be in Allen/Burrow elite space? Gotta see more. 

IMO Pederson/Taylor is notably better than McD/Dorsey.  The two teams aren't that much different otherwise, they have a better RB situation, particularly with the one they just drafted, we have slightly better WRs, which could change depending upon whether or not Diggs explodes, TE situation seems to be comparable.  OL, I'd probably take theirs over ours.  

On D their starting lineup appears to be younger overall and comparable otherwise.  

Offensive HC is key there.  

I don't think Lawrence ever gets to Josh's level, but the rest of their roster has a lot more potential simply based on age.  They're one of the youngest rosters in the league, and most of their cornerstone pieces are still ascending.

38 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

IMO Pederson/Taylor is notably better than McD/Dorsey.  The two teams aren't that much different otherwise, they have a better RB situation, particularly with the one they just drafted, we have slightly better WRs, which could change depending upon whether or not Diggs explodes, TE situation seems to be comparable.  OL, I'd probably take theirs over ours.  

On D their starting lineup appears to be younger overall and comparable otherwise.  

Offensive HC is key there.  

Calvin Ridley will add a lot to their WR room. Yeah offensive HC, a proven one at that, will go a long way for them. 

• Like (+1) 1

In a 17 game season, all games have ramifications. Some bigger than others to be sure, but they’re all important. That said, while the games with KC and Cincy might cost a home field advantage in the playoffs, division games are more important because they can potentially cost a trip the playoffs in the first place. 

5 hours ago, Billl said:

Beyond that, they've got a third year QB compared to Allen being in his sixth year, so they're just not quite as far into they're window as the Bills are.  What is it you think Buffalo has proved that the Jags haven't?

How about double digit wins? How about playoff wins? How about getting to the conference championship? How about having success for more than one season (and the Jags's "breakout" season was barely better than average.)

Just a laughable take.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

How about double digit wins? How about playoff wins? How about getting to the conference championship? How about having success for more than one season (and the Jags's "breakout" season was barely better than average.)

Just a laughable take.

Double digit wins?  They won 10 games last year.  Playoff wins?  Jacksonville just got one.  Getting to the conference championship?  Buffalo did that one time three years ago and got blown out.  

The Bills didn't win a playoff game until Josh's third season, and they average exactly one playoff win per season since then.  The Jags just won a playoff game in Lawrence's second season, and they looked respectable in their loss to the Chiefs.

The "laughable take" is that the Bills have achieved something that they can hold over Jacksonville's head.  Both teams have proven they can win the division.  Both teams have proven they can win a postseason game.  Neither team has shown the ability to be excellent on a consistent basis which is what it takes to earn the one seed or to string together postseason wins.

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.