Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

36 minutes ago, Einstein said:

“A fool says to the wise man, ‘you are an idiot’ though the wise man only wants to show the fool truth”

A fool says to the wise man, 'you are an idiot,' and the wise man replies 'oh-h y-y-yeah? Acktchewally, I-I  intellectually lap y-you. I h-have a high tested IQ!! Look at this vague, cookie cutter, unfalsifiable prediction I made! Ch-check out this wildly mediocre m-metaphor!!"

• Haha (+1) 6

9 minutes ago, birdo67 said:

You are all incorrect about everything.

Everyone except this guy:

4 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

This ***** happens. People don’t agree all the time and have work through it.

This place is an unfortunate reflection of society with how it interprets conflict. 

:beer: 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, The Red King said:

No need to attack each other anymore.  There is nothing to prove, and the other won't acknowledge it even if there was.  Nobody is going to "win".  It's time to move that effort into something you'll more enjoy.

Idk, it seems like a lot of people are "winning" against Einstein 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

He said he was “very concerned” that’s not something you just say unintentionally 

Sure it is. Maybe it wasnt. Maybe it was frustration. If he was trying to send a message to Diggs it backfired horribly 

But I will give him the benefit of the doubt on intent and instead K think it was just a poorly executed choice of words.  Words matter but can't believe it will undo their entire relationship .

Yet think again who was last man standing on the field after 13 seconds.  And who showed the same level of frustration we had as fans in the Detroit game. Who knows what was /is going on in Diggs mind.....

Just now, arcane said:

Idk, it seems like a lot of people are "winning" against Einstein 

“it was oft observed that the vanquished, despite tasting the bitter sting of defeat, did oft perceive themselves as victors in their own hearts”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think McDermott is an ahole for that one. He basically threw diggs in front of a bus yesterday only to backpedal it 24 hours later. Then again, he basically took the heat off diggs and allen and everyone else and put it squarely on himself so it does seem as if he is 'fixing' the situation. 

I am still concerned about whatever the issue is that lead to this point between coach and diggs. Hopefully it doesn't rear its ugly head later in the season.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

McD's EQ (tested) is one of his best qualities as a coach, but sometimes I think he is too sensitive for the NFL. I think he was still a little raw from the morning discussions with Stef and let himself get a little snippy by providing a short answer instead of taking the Belichick path and simply saying "no" and shutting it down, or explaining himself better like he did today "It's a concern when any player misses practice".

I didn't buy that. He wasn't concerned at OTA's. When players miss practice for injury it is "one day at a time, we all have a job to do, all it means is reps for the next guy, etc. etc."

Morse hit the nail on the head. "Diggs is an explosive personality and player". Von said, "you have to handle different personalities differently". The entire org from player to coach is trying to calm down Diggs explosiveness. We are getting cucked because of his contract and our cap situation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Einstein said:

No hysteria from me. I simply called it like it is.

You forgot to mention that I was mentioned and quoted numerous times in a magazine this month (not a joke). 

Archie and Jughead is a monthly publication but wouldn’t really call it a magazine. Didn’t catch the issue this month yet. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I didn't buy that. He wasn't concerned at OTA's. When players miss practice for injury it is "one day at a time, we all have a job to do, all it means is reps for the next guy, etc. etc."

Morse hit the nail on the head. "Diggs is an explosive personality and player". Von said, "you have to handle different personalities differently". The entire org from player to coach is trying to calm down Diggs explosiveness. We are getting cucked because of his contract and our cap situation. 

He was asked a direct question "How concerned are you?". It's not like he chose the words, he simply responded within the context of the question. Maybe if the question was "Can you provide details on Diggs' absence?" it would have gone differently. Who knows? I do believe McD was upset yesterday and let that spill into his answer, and it wasnt a general "concern for all players". But the wording does matter.

And speaking of working... using "cucked" unironically 🤮  You becoming a PPP poster? 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Stef missed OTA's so he needed a day to catch up? 

Milano missed time at OTA's, did he sit out too?

Lenard Floyd has never played here before and served a couple days at OTA's. Was he more ready than Diggs to participate today because he had a few days compared to Digg's few years? 

I'm starting to think that Einstein has somehow monetized his clicks and replies - maybe he really is a business prodigy who attends high-level meetings.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

How's your wife and my kids?

Best Picture of 1989, got robbed by Driving Miss Daisy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

The funny (or sad) part is that there is no shortage of posters who don’t realize the Bills are lying directly to their face. 

about what exactly?  i'm not even saying you're wrong, but what is the lie?

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Look around you. There are plenty of people who buy it.

who is buying what?  explain it to us.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He was asked a direct question "How concerned are you?". It's not like he chose the words, he simply responded within the context of the question. Maybe if the question was "Can you provide details on Diggs' absence?" it would have gone differently. Who knows? I do believe McD was upset yesterday and let that spill into his answer, and it wasnt a general "concern for all players". But the wording does matter.

And speaking of working... using "cucked" unironically 🤮  You becoming a PPP poster? 🤣

I don't know the proper reaction to give this. My anxiety is killing me at the moment.

The cucked comment is hilarious. Also, I hate PPP. 

I do generally agree with you. McD spilled over into the presser. But I also think there is more to it than you are giving it. Diggs and the FO likely had a discussion that didn't end well. These things sort of happen in sports sometimes, but to have this going on from last season, through the offseason, and into OTA's is wild. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You must be confusing me with another. I do no insult anyone. I am the one always being insulted. Worst I call someone is a “homer” - which just means a fan that rejects logic in favor of fandom.

you've let a number of poster know that you feel you're far more intelligent than they are.   you also accused me of something i never did, and instead of just admitting a mistake and realizing you were wrong, you completely ignore what you accused me off.  

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't know the proper reaction to give this. My anxiety is killing me at the moment.

The cucked comment is hilarious. Also, I hate PPP. 

I do generally agree with you. McD spilled over into the presser. But I also think there is more to it than you are giving it. Diggs and the FO likely had a discussion that didn't end well. These things sort of happen in sports sometimes, but to have this going on from last season, through the offseason, and into OTA's is wild. 

All love for you, my man. :thumbsup:

IIRC, coaches/teams arent allowed to contact players through most of the offseason. So there may not have been many/any opportunities to resolve it before now.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

And here's the "click bait" inevitably resulting from our saga. This guy's tweet casually mutates from "Diggs and Dorsey talking at practice" to "Diggs and Dorsey TALKING THROUGH SOME THINGS at practice." Good stuff.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Allen saying it’s not football related, McDermott saying it was an excused absence, etc.

Everything is a lie that you don't agree with, and everything is a truth that you do agree with, regardless of facts and sources.

You've made yourself abundantly clear in this regard on multiple occasions. We all see right through it.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Allen saying it’s not football related, McDermott saying it was an excused absence, etc.

so what specifically do you feel it's about?  it is a personal issue between the two, is it a football matter?  what benefit would all of this be to sweeping this under the rug.  it's easy.  there was a disagreement, words were likely said, everyone took some time to breathe, and now they are back at work.  who cares at this point?  the fact of the matter is you and a few others completely overreacted, and now you have egg on your face.  instead of just backing off, you're doubling down and letting us all know how correct you were and how the rest of us just don't understand.

you and @Nextmanup should have a podcast.  you can spend hours explaining how only the two of you understand the most basic of concepts.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, Airseven said:

And here's the "click bait" inevitably resulting from our saga. This guy's tweet casually mutates from "Diggs and Dorsey talking at practice" to "Diggs and Dorsey TALKING THROUGH SOME THINGS at practice." Good stuff.

Which will lead to some national correspondent to report "sources say that Diggs and Dorsey talking through some things at practice today..." Causing things to escalate quickly. Media coverage in the Twitter world so much worse now than back in the day IMHO. 

Edited by The Jokeman

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I hope so because that would be the least personal, and therefore easiest, to solve

Yea I agree. I Hope that’s it also and love to see Diggs wanting the ball all the time. Love the hunger. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.