Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

9 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

No sir. Of Mr. Diggs. 

Ah ok. That makes more sense.

As someone else said before, injury - medication - loss of focus - perhaps wondering is it worth playing through the pain - his morose attitude put pressure on his relationship at home, resulting in more pressure - Hamlin's collapse adding to the "what's the point" spiral, considering financially he's set for life.

I can see it. Diggs could be wrong, and his venting is wrong, but I can see why Josh may have become stuck in a rut last year.

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

I hate when Bills fans from Maryland give out all the inside information.  Its always the bills fans from maryland.

Josh Allen has now been exposed.  All this time he was watching Arrested Development episodes when he was supposed to be studying tape.  I guess he has made a huge mistake.

(Note-He torched the greatest defensive coach in history's defense in the playoffs a few years ago....must have been pure luck)

LOL....I used to work (literally within the last year) with one of Diggs uncles....he would say weekly that "Diggs is gone" from buffalo. I rolled my eyes everytime. I still do. And this was circa SI Kids Allen/Diggs cover era lol.

Unless it's straight from the horses mouth I rarely take a "source" at their word. It's all speculation. This is kinda hilariously turning into Bravo-esque level material ala vanderpump rules 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Thanks for sharing. This story, from a Diggs familial connection, adds to my belief in the underlying problem. Diggs can’t stand that Josh is getting the recognition that Diggs wants.  The “he can do no wrong “ comment about Allen shows underlying jealousy on Diggs part. Diggs actions regarding the Bills this offseason are self-centered and immature. I don’t see this ending well. It looks like Minnesota part 2.  

Very well could be the case man. Hopefully it’s all resolved amicably. They’re too good to not get through this. A part of me hopes the family member is wrong although I believe what she says. I don’t believe she has a reason to make it up. 

33 minutes ago, Mango said:

I too have posted happy pictures in toxic relationships. 

Firebaugh is a town of 8,000 people. Josh knew Brittany because their families are very good friends. Josh has changed the dynamics of his parents relationships with their friends. Friends they had before Josh and Brittany got together. 

Okay but it’s a pretty sordid accusation.  We shouldn’t assume it is true. 

All this Diggs stuff is noise to me.  I mean,  I like Diggs and want him here… but if he does not show up and never plays another down for the Bills, Josh will just distribute the ball to other pass catchers. The Bills will still be really good.  I seem to recall people saying the Kansas City Chiefs would really take a hit after Tyreek Hill left for Miami last Summer.  Well guess what… They have a great QB and found a way.

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

I should have been more clear - a member of Stefon Diggs’ family occasionally volunteers at Sherwood. We sparked up a conversation a couple of months ago. In May, I asked about the whole blow up at the end of the Bengals game. What I typed was the response I got back. Stefon Diggs has been frustrated with Josh Allen for some months. 

Whether that’s why he skipped mini-camp or not, who knows. I can’t speak to that. I can only say that a member of his family alleges that Stefon Diggs is dissatisfied with Josh Allen for the reasons mentioned. 

I wasn’t going to share because I figured it would be met with the “parrots, dogs, sister said responses …” But with the mini-camp thing I figured I’d share my little piece of info. 

This narrative fits with McD's comments that he's seen a "new Josh" this offseason- which I thought was a bizarre comment to make.  Also with Josh saying that he's never been this locked in.  Like what was the situation before?  Disappointing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

THIS!!

This is just getting absurd at this point. I personally think Josh cheated on Britt with Hailee Steinfeld, and Britt even alluded to it, but should not be the front and center of this ordeal. It's just giving some of Josh's haters on this board more reason to take the focus off Diggs attitude and lowkey try and place it on Josh. Josh cheating or whatever happened, should not be the focal point of Diggs missing out on camp and acting the way he is. 

I generally agree. 

But I think it came up because there was some rumor that the other woman was an ex of Stef's. 

That said, I don't think Diggs is taking some moral high ground because Josh cheated on Britt. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Ah ok. That makes more sense.

As someone else said before, injury - medication - loss of focus - perhaps wondering is it worth playing through the pain - his morose attitude put pressure on his relationship at home, resulting in more pressure - Hamlin's collapse adding to the "what's the point" spiral, considering financially he's set for life.

I can see it. Diggs could be wrong, and his venting is wrong, but I can see why Josh may have become stuck in a rut last year.

what?

stuck in a rut?  

Listen, go watch the games of the last two seasons.  In 21 they had things go their way a number of times in big situations on 4th downs in 22 they did not...that is just the way it goes.  They should have won the vikings game in 21 they probably would have.  Its just the way it goes.

The bengals were the worst matchup for the bills when the bills defense was healthy so when they ran into them in the playoffs it was just a horrible matchup.  All this fallout from one bad game from bad matchups is insane.

The bills had an excellent offseason imo.  This is a team that said we are not going to get beat again if a few guys go down and have a roster that reflects that.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea.. I'm at about 99% this is an Allen/Diggs thing, with the added potential of Diggs might feel slighted by the organization's handling of it behind the scenes, given they are never going to go at an elite QB1 too heavy handedly.  

Seems as if it’s a Diggs thing. Franchise QB’s have the power, WR even diva’s like Diggs don’t. Josh works on this craft during the off season and regular season. Diggs is the ultimate me guy. Zero leadership and perspective. McClappy is obviously pissed about this. The agent is trying to deflect whole Josh continues to show he’s a leader. Getting hit with all the media while Diggs pouts .. he gets manly looks and had 6 drops (top 10 in league) time to grow up Diggs!

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yep!

There are a lot of people on this forum who have lived sheltered lives and don’t understand how local politics work. Or how PR works, for that matter. 

They are completely bamboozled by the Bills leaking misinformation to sources, for example.

oh please with this nonsense.  you're no more dialed in than anyone else.  i'm still waiting for you to post what you accused me of.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’m willing to speculate on everything and anything football related or Diggs thoughts on the coaches, game plans, and his role.  

Speculation on who these guys are sleeping with and if that’s the cause for any rift is ridiculous and not worth our time.  

Reminds me of the crap and nonsense with Ted Nolan, Hasek, and Peca.  

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I generally agree. 

But I think it came up because there was some rumor that the other woman was an ex of Stef's. 

That said, I don't think Diggs is taking some moral high ground because Josh cheated on Britt. 

I saw that rumor too, but it is stemming from speculation from fans, and gaining traction because that is what rumors do. At this point it is getting out of hand. If Josh slept with Diggs girl, then yes, it would explain some things, but how long can this go on and when does it end? Let's say this is true, and not only did Josh sleep with Diggs girl, and a bartender, and a nurse, and Hailee Steinfeld...when do they start to move forward?

This is silly.

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Is this the fastest thread to 100 pages ever?

Pretty damn fast!

It's interesting because there's no apparent reason for Diggs to be upset about anything. I mean, if it was a contract thing we'd know. If it was bringing in a Hopkins and Diggs feels slighted, like he's not a true #1, that'd be obvious. He's just pissed off about something and nobody's saying. 

I enjoy the speculation. I kind of like the "I know a guy who knows a guy" stuff. Football is a diversion, and right now I'm happily diverted.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, teef said:

oh please with this nonsense.  you're no more dialed in than anyone else.  i'm still waiting for you to post what you accused me of.

I have no interest in wasting time proving water is wet.

And yes, I swim circles around you intellectually.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Einstein said:

I have no interest in wasting time proving water is wet.

And yes, I swim circles around you intellectually.

no...you're just a liar.  you called me out on something i didn't do.  of all people on here, if you could prove what you stated...you would.  you can't so you're trying your best to deflect.  this thread has been a bit embarrassing for you, and i'm not sure you even realize it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea.. I'm at about 99% this is an Allen/Diggs thing, with the added potential of Diggs might feel slighted by the organization's handling of it behind the scenes, given they are never going to go at an elite QB1 too heavy handedly.  

I'm also certain that Diggs who wants to win, would obviously be frustrated if Josh's focus was elsewhere; which I am clearly certain it was. 

To hold this for 5 months though and it seems apparent that they didn't try during the offseason leads me to believe the rift is a fairly wide chasm. I would make the assumption that everytime Diggs saw in the news or on Twitter about Josh doing XYZ had to frost his ass even more. I would assume the Madden cover would even add to it, if he felt Josh wasn't preparing enough...it builds and builds

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

One of my best friends heard it directly from a former player who played with Josh. 

I heard a similar story back in early December from someone whose cousin works for the Bills.  I mean I am not saying it’s not out there.  There’s just too many versions of it and there should be a high threshold of proof for something like that. 

2 minutes ago, teef said:

no...you're just a liar.  you called me out on something i didn't do.  of all people on here, if you could prove what you stated...you would.  you can't so you're trying your best to deflect.  this thread has been a bit embarrassing for you, and i'm not sure you even realize it.

There is someone who is in need of a revelation, but it's not me.

Thinking about it from a different angle, if diggs is trying to bring everyone on the team up to his level

of commitment, as mad as we all are at him right now honestly it could be a great thing at the end of the day if and when they get this sorted out. They could come together more motivated than ever. We need the Al Pacino speech from any given Sunday right now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

This narrative fits with McD's comments that he's seen a "new Josh" this offseason- which I thought was a bizarre comment to make.  Also with Josh saying that he's never been this locked in.  Like what was the situation before?  Disappointing.

You have to realize that what Beane and McD put out in interviews is meant for players as well. They have known what this issue is all along and controlling the messaging to Diggs is very likely part of it.  

What is the practice and media schedule for today? 

It feels like if Diggs were in the building the PR machine would have likely put something on one of their socials to maybe calm it down? Or maybe keep media presence to a minimum and hope this loses steam? 

Nothing in 23 hours. Yesterday I had a schedule of pressers before the day started. 

Just now, Mango said:

What is the practice and media schedule for today? 

It feels like if Diggs were in the building the PR machine would have likely put something on one of their socials to maybe calm it down? Or maybe keep media presence to a minimum and hope this loses steam? 

Nothing in 23 hours. Yesterday I had a schedule of pressers before the day started. 

Practice is at 1215. McDermott is not scheduled to speak today.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This thread has turned into more melodramatic soap opera than ever.  You can take whatever stance you want, express if as you have a friend of a neighbor of a bill player as "proof".

The stance that should be taken is simply laughing at these millionaire athletes and appreciating the entertainment value of their faux drama. Would you rather waste time reading about this or how, say, Elam is getting less reps than Benford?

• Agree 1

Just now, Airseven said:

The stance that should be taken is simply laughing at these millionaire athletes and appreciating the entertainment value of their faux drama. Would you rather waste time reading about this or how, say, Elam is getting less reps than Benford?

I'd rather be reading about how the offensive line is going to end up and about the defense.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

y0u are seri0usly disc0unting the situati0n the giants had at wr and tight end last year...

it was a c0mplete disaster and they c0ntinued t win and j0nes played really well.

I chuckle every post you make - it's honestly hilarious the 'o' on your keyboard is broken

For old timers what was the hamster or gerbil or something that used to post in the old days - reminds me of that lol  (edit:  Was it Algernon?)

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Airseven said:

Bingo! Real Boyfriends of Buffalo is the best show going at this moment. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I’m willing to speculate on everything and anything football related or Diggs thoughts on the coaches, game plans, and his role.  

Speculation on who these guys are sleeping with and if that’s the cause for any rift is ridiculous and not worth our time.  

Reminds me of the crap and nonsense with Ted Nolan, Hasek, and Peca.  

It might not be worth your time, but it is apparently worth a lot of posters time.  Some of the speculation is bordering on the downright laughable/absurd.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Ok for those joining late I will provide a recap of all information known from all sources. 

Last year before the Bengals game Josh Allen cheated on his long time girlfriend with a barmaid. Knocked her up. Then had a confrontation with his ex at 3am the night before the Bengals playoff game leading to a poor performance (on the field not in the bedroom).

Diggs was angered by this because he's a competitive guy. Around the same time Allen allegedly slept with (and impregnated) one of Stef's friends wives. Then went on to have some down time with one of Stef's ex's. 

MEANWHILE: Diggs feels like he has no say in the offense and wishes Ken Dorsey would stop being mean and get him the ball more. He's also cheesed off that the Bills didn't do enough to help him and take the pressure off him while also being offended that the Bills flirted with bringing in DHop...who Im sure didn't sign here because our QB can't keep his putter in his pants.

After the season everyone went their separate ways for 5 months. But they had conversations. Of course they also didn't speak at all. Stef did photo shoots. Allen was on the red carpet sleeping with movie stars and playing golf. Von was rehabbing and making statements of grandeur about Beane signing every player that made an all pro team since 1994.

Also happening at the same time Chad Hall took a lateral move to Jacksonville because he was passed over for promotion and Diggs didn't like that. Unconfirmed is if Hall took the position to keep his wife as far away from Allen's unchecked Talley whacker as possible. 

It all boils over yesterday when Diggs reported to the team with the intent to practice...yet somehow left before practice. I believe McDermott said something about being "very concerned" that out out of control sex freak of a QB was targeting his wife next(citation needed). 

Also, no one saw these issues coming. Except for Jerry Sullivan who was clued into the issues before they even happened by Ryan Fitzpatrick (he did go to Harvard). And 95% of the board has no clue what "cap" means in modern slang.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, stevewin said:

I chuckle every post you make - it's honestly hilarious the 'o' on your keyboard is broken

For old timers what was the hamster or gerbil or something that used to post in the old days - reminds me of that lol

On my work computer at the moment suffering from distraction...

The O key here is working just fine!

29 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Do you even read this? It's the same story everyone tells. They all trust their source with their life. I heard it from my sister. I trust her and she would never lie to me, but it doesnt mean she really knows anything about it. She doesnt. But everyone up there was SUPER EXCITED to spread it.

edit: The idea that Josh could have so much paparzzi following him last offseason, and with social media, and the fact that ANY sports media would jump all over this story, but somehow EVERYONE has managed to keep it a secret but yet EVERYONE still "knows" it, should be enough to prove it's total BS. ESPN would be all over this. And with so many people talking about it, we can be sure more than one sports jounalist has dug into it. But we have nothing real presented so far.

Cmon yall.

i do not discredit anything you're saying. i think josh is a bona fide celeb in WNY and a lot more scrutiny is done of him than just an ordinary player.but the local media was mum on both doug whaley being a drunk d-bag and russ brandon being a ladies man hitting on anything that walked by.  this was right during the rise of the #metoo movement and ultimately was discovered by the Pegula's.

i remember talking to a few girls when i'd go out in buffalo while visiting (back when i was single) and it was well known to some of these ladies that Brandon was out there with young co-eds, etc. there were two girls in particular from grand island everyone knew about. WNY still has some good ol' boy backwoods type stuff going on.

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

I understand your point, but Actually I would rather read for REAL FOOTBALL reasons why Elam is getting less reps then Benford.  Now that I would fine interesting and potentially value added.  What I am reading here is soap opera speculation/garbage.

58 minutes ago, Mango said:

I too have posted happy pictures in toxic relationships. 

Firebaugh is a town of 8,000 people. Josh knew Brittany because their families are very good friends. Josh has changed the dynamics of his parents relationships with their friends. Friends they had before Josh and Brittany got together. 

what the actual flying %#$@ are you talking about bro.... 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.