Josh Allen, Von Miller Golf Channel interview

JÂy RÛßeÒ

19 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

IF Von can play golf NOW? HE should be good to go with his knee week 1. Seriously.  5/17/23 you are cleared for golf. week one is 9/11/23 That is 4 months from now. about.  He did not have as severe of an injury Tre had. 

Do you want him to play week 1? 

24 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

IF Von can play golf NOW? HE should be good to go with his knee week 1. Seriously.  5/17/23 you are cleared for golf. week one is 9/11/23 That is 4 months from now. about.  He did not have as severe of an injury Tre had. 

Ummm...I think being able to play amateur golf is a little different than playing NFL football, no? 

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Ned Flanders said:

Ummm...I think being able to play amateur golf is a little different than playing NFL football, no? 

OH i agree. I never said he should be ready this week. but if he is up and able to do things like this now? 4 months from now I would think the dude should be good to go. 

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

IF he is 100% yes. and do I think he should be 100% by week 1 based on his progression thus far? yes!

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

A friend of mine that I golfed with regularly hurt his knee playing indoor soccer - apparently some sort of ACL injury.   The doctor told him if he wanted to play soccer again he would need surgery.   Since he could still walk pain free (including golfing) he decided to pass on surgery/soccer.

14 minutes ago, DonInBuffalo said:

A friend of mine that I golfed with regularly hurt his knee playing indoor soccer - apparently some sort of ACL injury.   The doctor told him if he wanted to play soccer again he would need surgery.   Since he could still walk pain free (including golfing) he decided to pass on surgery/soccer.

not sure how this has any bearing on what I said but yea :D I get it. sometimes surgery is not the right decision in one's life

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

and by the way.. just to give an example, Tre White was never able to do the things Von did with the same time line. This is why I expect 4 months of good strong rehab to be more than enough to be ready by week 1-3 instead of week 4-6

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

and by the way.. just to give an example, Tre White was never able to do the things Von did with the same time line. This is why I expect 4 months of good strong rehab to be more than enough to be ready by week 1-3 instead of week 4-6

We will make the playoffs without him. Why not give him until the back half of the year? We only get one shot at this and we have already showed we can be a regular season champion without him. We don't need him until the playoffs. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Great interview. 

I think Von is a freak, but I have zero appetite to rush him back. 

Our schedule sets up nicely with a relatively "easy" start compared to the rest of our juggernaut schedule, but I'd feel a lot better if we signed one of these FA pass rushers to get after Rodgers, Tua and Lawrence if we target the Giants game to bring him back (provided he's ready).  

I say Giants, because if he's not ready Week 1, I don't think we bring him back for the Raiders or Commanders.  Dolphins potentially, but do they want him making the trip to London?  If not, the Giants game seems like an obvious candidate. 

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

OH i agree. I never said he should be ready this week. but if he is up and able to do things like this now? 4 months from now I would think the dude should be good to go. 

IF he is 100% yes. and do I think he should be 100% by week 1 based on his progression thus far? yes!

What do you know about his progression? 

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I don’t think you have a clue.  No offense

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What do you know about his progression? 

I don’t think you have a clue.  No offense

I think you are speaking of specifics when i am speaking of generalizations. White would not of been able to play armature golf 4 months before he came back to his first game.  Of course I do not know specifics. No one does but him and his DR.  Everything I am saying I am guestimating. has anything I have said been posted as fact? Come on man.. lighten up.. 

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

I think you are speaking of specifics when i am speaking of generalizations. White would not of been able to play armature golf 4 months before he came back to his first game.  Of course I do not know specifics. No one does but him and his DR.  Everything I am saying I am guestimating. has anything I have said been posted as fact? Come on man.. lighten up.. 

i just find it odd to “based on his progressions so far”…..  what progressions?   He’s working out and playing golf?

tre’s injury has nothing to do with Vons injury.  I don’t know why it’s even being discussed.  

i think Von making it trough an entire 17 game season AND being healthy come playoffs is pushing it.  We got him for one reason.  To win playoff games. 

We were gifted a soft spot of our schedule to open the season.  We should take advantage off it and shorten his season by limiting his opportunity to get injured again.

jmo 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, NewEra said:

i just find it odd to “based on his progressions so far”…..  what progressions?   He’s working out and playing golf?

tre’s injury has nothing to do with Vons injury.  I don’t know why it’s even being discussed.  

i think Von making it trough an entire 17 game season AND being healthy come playoffs is pushing it.  We got him for one reason.  To win playoff games. 

We were gifted a soft spot of our schedule to open the season.  We should take advantage off it and shorten his season by limiting his opportunity to get injured again.

jmo 

Listen ok? I already stated that Tre's injury was much worse. Put this in perspective... 4 months before Tre' played his first game back with buffalo... he would NOT of been able to play golf.. Period... Now fast forward to Von, and he does not have it as bad as Tre' did.. And he able to do more things 4 months out before the first game of the season then Tre did... That was my point of comparing progression..

You took this whole thing way to serious man... I was just talking to talk of MY PERSONAL opinion of where I seem to think Von is at.. I could be wrong... I could be right.. Again No one knows when Von will 100% be sure to play.. Relax man.. 

Jesus... 

Even with the opener Week 1 at the Jets, I’d be happy with the team IRing Von for the 1st 6 weeks. It’s the ‘softest’ part of our schedule and he was brought here to help close it at seasons end. Not a lot of good his many sacks last year provided, when the Defense was a sieve by the playoffs..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Listen ok? I already stated that Tre's injury was much worse. Put this in perspective... 4 months before Tre' played his first game back with buffalo... he would NOT of been able to play golf.. Period... Now fast forward to Von, and he does not have it as bad as Tre' did.. And he able to do more things 4 months out before the first game of the season then Tre did... That was my point of comparing progression..

You took this whole thing way to serious man... I was just talking to talk of MY PERSONAL opinion of where I seem to think Von is at.. I could be wrong... I could be right.. Again No one knows when Von will 100% be sure to play.. Relax man.. 

Jesus... 

I listened. I still feel the same.  

jesus

• Eyeroll 2

7 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Von said he was cleared for golf two months ago...football different story...we want him healed and as close to 100% to last the season and playoffs moreso than opening game and September

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

Von said he was cleared for golf two months ago...football different story...we want him healed and as close to 100% to last the season and playoffs moreso than opening game and September

heh 2 months ago? even better yet. I get ya about the playoffs but we have some tough games this year and we need him in some of them

3 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

I am sure that they will choose the best path for Vons return and I could see them holding him back if there's any risk.  Also Von is pretty motivated on rehabbing properly and seems to keep himself in shape.  I don't think Vons ever shown up to any training camp out of shape like we have seen Dion Dawkins showing up out of shape.  Now that Allen is gonna be a qb first it be nice if Dion comes in to camp in proper shape for a dominant year of play.  At least in Browns case the physical limitations were due to recovering from back surgery not lack of discipline in getting in shape before camp like Dion came in last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I have no idea how the joint strength and stability to play a non-contact sport like golf maps onto a timeline for developing the joint strength and stability needed to make it through a football season.

I don't think you do either

32 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I have no idea how the joint strength and stability to play a non-contact sport like golf maps onto a timeline for developing the joint strength and stability needed to make it through a football season.

of course not. I am making assumptions based on others that have had the same or worse injuries. i get your point. 

13 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I bet you were one of the people to say that if AB could do jumping jacks as he quit midgame, then he wasn't too injured to play football.  Despite every actual doctor disagreeing.

8 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I bet you were one of the people to say that if AB could do jumping jacks as he quit midgame, then he wasn't too injured to play football.  Despite every actual doctor disagreeing.

I don't disagree he might have been hurt, but using AB as a reference is probably not the best example.

Edited by The Wiz

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

It differs from person to person.  Depends on an individuals natural joint flexibility and how they developed as the grew up.  DId he take any dance lessons?  Might sound funny but good dancing footwork would translate well for football players.  Did Von participate in any gymnastics as a young kid?  Gymnasts are often very flexible.  I still remember when Olga Korbut did her final balance beam routine for the gold in 76 summer Olympics.   If you watch it on YouTube around the 50 sec mark of her routine when she  does the backbend and basically folds her body over her neck.  Any of us try that without the developed flexibility we end up dead with a broken neck or paralyzed.  If any young kids are allowed to play football even with the known health problems they can develop from concussions and other injuries they would benefit from gymnastics, or even yoga is a popular training athlete do for added flexibility.  So how each person has developed in any injured areas will determine how they bounce back from those injuries as well.  

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night or something?

🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/18/2023 at 7:51 AM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

From Oak Hill in Pittsford, site of the PGA Championship this week, Josh and Von talk golf, football, and Bills Mafia

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/josh-allen-von-miller-rep-buffalo-bills-2023-pga-championship

I liked the Dareus pick but I was really hoping for Von Miller to be a Bill for life. 

On 5/18/2023 at 11:10 AM, PrimeTime101 said:

Do you know that's the case though? Also, do you know tre wasn't cleared for golf? 

On 5/18/2023 at 10:20 AM, NewEra said:

If he's cleared, absolutely.  Guy is 33 and signed a big contract.  His value is in his availability at this point.  There's not a lot of time to squeeze that value out of him.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.