Matt Araiza

SCBills

Just now, Chaos said:

Bills own the decision to buckle under pressure and cut him. They own the consequences of their decision.

The whole league and national fan base put loads of pressure that forced this. The NFL has to do the right thing here and let Araiza return to Buffalo if Araiza wants that. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Process said:

People saying bring him back. Imagine being him, would you want to come back to the team that cut you over something you didn't do?

I'm not blaming the Bills, they had to do it, it's the world we live in. 

Just a ***** situation. 

Bills believed the kid but had no choice once the girls lawyer went public. It’s the world we live in right,  Araiza should know that. 

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Bills own the decision to buckle under pressure and cut him. They own the consequences of their decision.

Agreed … however, I will always believe (by how Beane discussed the situation) that they believed Araiza and wanted to stand behind him. 

It became too much, and you can’t convince me that Beane didn’t get a call from league brass telling him the decision they prefer he make. 

Edited by SCBills

20 minutes ago, Billznut said:

It’ll get shut down because all the know it all’s from last summer don’t want this topic talked about now and they don’t want to look foolish if their old posts were dug up and reposted. That’s why it’ll most likely get shut down. 

Tomorrow I may take some time while slow working to dig up and tag everyone who came full buckshot after this from that thread.  Simply request an updated quote or thought and issue an apology to him, the community, and real victims. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Agreed … however, I will always believe (by how Beane discussed the situation) that they believed Araiza.  

It became too much, and you can convince me that Beane didn’t get a call from league brass telling him the decision they prefer he make. 

If Beane says their league forced it I will believe Beane.  But until that is said it was the Bills final decision. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Agreed … however, I will always believe (by how Beane discussed the situation) that they believed Araiza.  

It became too much, and you can convince me that Beane didn’t get a call from league brass telling him the decision they prefer he make. 

Which is why the NFL needs to make things right by allowing the Bills to be the 1st team to bring Araiza back. 

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The whole league and national fan base put loads of pressure that forced this. The NFL has to do the right thing here and let Araiza return to Buffalo if Araiza wants that. 

Why would he want to return to Buffalo?  They didn't stand by him and they signed someone else while he'd get a minimum contract and could be cut (again).

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

I truly hope this kid gets a chance.  It stinks as that reputation unfairly Carrie’s.  I always get flamed for the “maybe he did it, maybe he didn’t, but let’s wait and see”.

An NFL team has to take the leap.

It’s not enough to say I hope this kid gets a chance. The only way this becomes right is by allowing the Bills to get Araiza back. 

Just now, Doc said:

Why would he want to return to Buffalo?  They didn't stand by him and they signed someone else while he'd get a minimum contract and could be cut (again).

I have to assume that Araiza was told by management that they believed him, but due to huge amounts of public pressure they had no choice. If Araiza doesn’t want to return, thats fine, but the league needs to give the Bills the 1st option if Araiza wants to return. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

he could have the afternoon he was cut if both sides wanted. The nfl is stopping nothing. 

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Now we are stuck with Martin, this makes me so mad. Ugh 

11 minutes ago, boyst said:

Tomorrow I may take some time while slow working to dig up and tag everyone who came full buckshot after this from that thread.  Simply request an updated quote or thought and issue an apology to him, the community, and real victims. 

I defended this kid wholeheartedly. The girls story was shaky from the start. I’ve been a high school or college basketball coach for 35 years and have seen many situations like this. It’s horrible. I feel bad for the girl. But I’m actually not surprised if this new revelation. 

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Beane and McD need to do a presser asap. Now , make this right. 

Not sure they need to have a presser but they should be proactive helping the kid find a spot to at least have a chance at a spot this year

2 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Not sure they need to have a presser but they should be proactive helping the kid find a spot to at least have a chance at a spot this year

The fans deserve some clarity. Statements like, we are going to do everything we can to make this right. I want to hear it, it’s only the right thing to do. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

20 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s not enough to say I hope this kid gets a chance. The only way this becomes right is by allowing the Bills to get Araiza back. 

I have to assume that Araiza was told by management that they believed him, but due to huge amounts of public pressure they had no choice. If Araiza doesn’t want to return, thats fine, but the league needs to give the Bills the 1st option if Araiza wants to return. 

He's a Free Agent. The league has no say in what team he goes to. He wasn't put on any sort of list. There's no "well, the Bills drafted him so they get first shot at him" rule. Even if we want him, which we won't because we've signed Sam Martin long term, he's free to sign wherever he wants.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He's a Free Agent. The league has no say in what team he goes to. He wasn't put on any sort of list. There's no "well, the Bills drafted him so they get first shot at him" rule. Even if we want him, which we won't because we've signed Sam Martin long term, he's free to sign wherever he wants.

It’s BS. Beane needs to do the right thing and carry 2 punters. This is his fault, he needs to own up to it. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

One of the things that gave me pause initially and thought looked bad for Araiza was the fact that this accuser did do something that many actual rape victims unfortunately do not do - go in immediately (next day) and get a rape kit done. That, combined with all these prosecutor findings (which I do not doubt at all), just doesn’t add up to me, unless she was attempting some actual malicious s***.

Also, part of the problem overall was that SDPD was also covering up on behalf of SDSU so as not to impugn the school during that great season they had, and regardless of whodunit, which turned out to be a few third-rate non-scholie players.  That didn't help Araiza's situation either.  Otherwise, just another example of how the women are automatically believed out of the gate ala "me too."  The fact that this girl was underage at a college frat party suggests that she wasn't as naive as she made out to be.  

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If Beane says their league forced it I will believe Beane.  But until that is said it was the Bills final decision. 

It was the decision they needed to make.  

1.  We don’t know what the Bills investigation turned up but it’s always possible other information could arise that they couldn’t foresee.

2.  It would be a distraction that was bad for the team as a whole.  Players would be asked about it constantly and the players would have no information one way or the other.  An organization is not potentially derailing their season to keep a rookie punter they can’t definitively say is innocent (even if they think he might be).  

3.  There most definitely should be legal consequences for any woman who lies about sex crimes.  But I don’t fault the Bills for making the decision they did.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m super mad now. I’d much rather have Araiza than Martin. If the NFL doesn’t give us Araiza back, than this is BS. 

He’s free to sign with any team as he has been since the Bills waived him. We don’t hold any exclusive rights so he’s not ours for the league to give back.

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Agreed. 

I am really bristling with anger at the injustice towards Araiza. That girl and the lawyer both should pay for going after Araiza just as soon as it became evident he would have money in his pocket. Scum of the earth!

Might actually work out for him.  He's not confined to a late-round rookie contract now.  

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

He’s free to sign with any team as he has been since the Bills waived him. We don’t hold any exclusive rights so he’s not ours for the league to give back.

I’m willing to bet behind the scenes the NFL called up the BIlls org and told them to cut bait. If that is true, the NFL has to make it clear he’s returning to Buffalo. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m willing to bet behind the scenes the NFL called up the BIlls org and told them to cut bait. If that is true, the NFL has to make it clear he’s returning to Buffalo. 

That’s all well and good, but he’s a free agent at the moment, regardless.

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Nah.. we just end up out a draft pick in all this.   It is what it is.  

However, the league should instruct their partners to report on this story to provide cover for other teams to potentially bring him into camp this summer. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

That’s all well and good, but he’s a free agent at the moment, regardless.

True, which means the decision is entirely up to Araiza to sign wherever he wants. I think the only question right now is, does Araiza feel slighted by Buffalo enough to not sign with us again. 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

All this evidence is circumstantial. What we know is she was drunk and had sex with a few drunk guys at a party. There isn't enough real evidence to prove what happened in a court of law. I agree that all the information points to a girl who either went to the party with ulterior motives, or regretted her decisions the next morning and decided to pull other people down with her. But there's no chance you could convince a jury that this girl intentionally lied about how consensual the sex was. Consent is already a rather nebulous legal concept. Trying to prove how an individual feels about how much consent she gave is just impossible. If you could prove she wasn't there at all for example or never had sex that would be worth a defamation suit.

Trust me, I understand the urge to see justice done if this girl ruined several lives. But the legal system just isn't set up to manage these kinds of scenarios.

Araiza wasn’t at the house, they have time stamped video footage and they know what time he left.  He 100% has been cleared.  That I think is the point.  A woman who wrote the day after the attack in her own journal that she did not know how she got in the room or who was in there, lied later and said it was Araiza.

Regardless of what happened in the room, she intentionally lied about Araiza and brought a civili suit full of lies against him that cost him his career.

I agree with most what you said, I am just saying in this case there is strong evidence against her to hold her accountable for what she did to Araiza specifically.  

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He's not going to sign with us when we just extended our punter.

Beane and the Pegula’s needs to do the right thing and either cut Martin and sign Araiza or keep both on the roster and pay both of them. It’s their fault for caving to a crappy irrational fan base. They need to own up to that and make things right. 

If we don’t make things right, then this team deserves the curse it will receive. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Beane and the Pegula’s needs to do the right thing and either cut Martin and sign Araiza or keep both on the roster and pay both of them. It’s their fault for caving to a crappy irrational fan base. They need to own up to that and make things right. 

If we don’t make things right, then this team deserves the curse it will receive. 

This is ridiculous 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This is ridiculous 

It’s not. Araiza was at zero fault and was cut irrationally. To make things right, the Pegulas need to pay him to join this team. It’s the right thing to do. If we don’t do it, we deserve everything bad that happens going forward. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.