RD 2, Pick 59: G O’Cyrus Torrence, Florida

SDS

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

After the drought, and having to overpay FA's just to get their interest, and seeing draft picks like Gilmore look bummed when they were picked - I get chills reading this stuff. 

We're it now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’m not sold on the approach here although I get the value.  Assume they’re gonna put Torrence next to Dawkins, so does this mean Dawkins doesn’t kick inside in a couple of years?  More importantly, you’ve got the left side of the line set up for a power scheme now, but not really the right side.  And running screen passes behind Dawkins and Torrence and asking them to get downfield and block?  I don’t think so.

Just an odd schematic fit to me but they’ve been doing this mismatch thing on the o-line for most of McD’s tenure.

To me it screams long-term fix at RG if they have to move Bates inside. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Cody was a RT.  He couldn't do that and couldn't move to RG.  I see your "athletic" point, but Torrence is a full-time natural RG.

Let's see what an NFL camp will do with him.

Seemed like after Ford the Bills shifted to more athletic OL. So this Torrence pick shocks me but I’m glad he’s a natural OG rather than converting someone. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Yeah not like anyone uses pulling guards anymore.

Almost like i said “more of a”

yea aren’t getting a wart free all pro that does everything well at 59

they got a guy that wins at point of attack but isn’t as mobile. For a position that needs less, but not zero, mobility. 

they are all coin flips at this point. Hopefully he mauls a few guys.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That. Cant get out on the move that well. He can push straight ahead well, but is soft if he has to move laterally. Plus I dont like how that Florida team played so not high on players coming out of there.

I dunno. I dont want to bag on the kid too bad. I'm cheering for him now that he is a Bill. Just wish the draft went differently.

He held his own against Jalen Carter which is saying something. And I don't care if he was playing in D III, not giving up a single sack in over 1500 snaps is impressive any way you slice it.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.