RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I saw that as well. I keep seeing DK referred to as more of a "big slot". Like I said, I'm interested in seeing how the offense evolves. I'm not overly excited until I can see what they have in mind....but not grabbing the torches and pitchfork either. 

He gets excellent separation at the top of his routes. He is nearly 6’4”. He catches everything. He ran a huge number of his snaps from the slot. Who is covering him?  A nickel corner? Pitch and catch to move the sticks. Need I say more?

Edited by BuffaloBob
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Honestly he wasn’t really on my radar. But I’m quickly warming up to the pick. I get the mismatches, can see how good his receiving ability is, and like that they took an offensive playmaker.

Don’t really see the Beasley/Slot comparisons. Just such different players. Kincaid isn’t getting open as quickly, but he’s going to catch the contested throws and then push for a few more yards.

Overall I like the pick.

Cant find his RAS - anyone have luck?

Injured late no testing, likely would have tested really well

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Unless there's a change in philosophy on offense, I don't get it.  

He's going to get less playing time and targets than Knox.  This helps us how, exactly?

Agreed, that pretty much sums it up for me as well, then trading up to get him and losing a 4th makes even less sense.  

I see him getting 4-500 yards and a few TDs, not what Beane needs to keep his job IMO.  I don't see it moving the needle this season, and on top of that, he only posted a handful of good games, all against crap defenses while being a couple of years older than everyone else on the field. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Knox has been among the league leaders in drop % almost every year in the NFL and was a poor route runner in college. Kincaid has some of the best hands I’ve ever seen in a TE and is a very good route runner. Their skill sets are almost nothing alike. 

Agreed.   

I mean this tape is tremendous.  We got the best TE in the draft a draft they said was a position of strength.  I’m pleased.  We just have to utilize him like this.  

It’s TE play we haven’t seen here - unless you count watching Travis Kelce doing this to us for years. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I just wanna say screw everyone that mocked me for mocking Dalton Kincaid and laughed at it. He is an A++ pick for the Bills and a better prospect than Flowers, Addison, Johnston. Halfway through the year everyone is going to be glad we picked him 

Lol, you really shouldn’t post things for comments if you are gonna take them so personally and be so emotional.  

Good call on Kincaid, I think the part you forget is that people were only skeptical we would take Kincaid over a WR if both were on the board given how much more interest Bills were showing in a receiver.  

In the actual draft, all those 4 were gone.  No one was ever doubting the talent of Kincaid though.  

I just now hope Dorsey finds a way to make him a relevant part of the offense and maximizes his potential.  That has always been my sole concern about a TE in the first, would Dorsey get him enough targets.  

Good news is, sounds like they may use him more of a big slot rather than a traditional TE which I hope comes true.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

A slot receiver——

A big slot. If only the Bills had a big slot receiver last year, someone say 6'4" and with top-tier hands and plus short-area quickness.

Like that Hodgkins guy for the Jints.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I saw that as well. I keep seeing DK referred to as more of a "big slot". Like I said, I'm interested in seeing how the offense evolves. I'm not overly excited until I can see what they have in mind....but not grabbing the torches and pitchfork either. 

Please. You're on one side or the other. Getchya lighted pitchfork and come on down! For either side of course. 

54 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I thought going in, he was the best receiver in the draft.  Don’t obsess over TE “position”, he is a big receiver with excellent hands and toughness after the catch.  Not a traditional TE.

And cheaper than a WR. Pass catching TE's feel like a loophole to me.  Best "receiver" available by a long shot.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Knox is not going anywhere.  Drafting Kincaid probably means more two tight end formations.  Kincaid can block but he's a little small to be an in line blocker.  I expect he'll line up in the slot quite a bit.  Obviously, the give this pick the value we all hope it will have, Dorsey is going to have to get comfortable with designing and calling plays that involve passing the ball to tight ends.  Of course, Josh then needs to throw the ball to his tight ends.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, you really shouldn’t post things for comments if you are gonna take them so personally and be so emotional.  

Good call on Kincaid, I think the part you forget is that people were only skeptical we would take Kincaid over a WR if both were on the board given how much more interest Bills were showing in a receiver.  

In the actual draft, all those 4 were gone.  No one was ever doubting the talent of Kincaid though.  

I just now hope Dorsey finds a way to make him a relevant part of the offense and maximizes his potential.  That has always been my sole concern about a TE in the first, would Dorsey get him enough targets.  

Good news is, sounds like they may use him more of a big slot rather than a traditional TE which I hope comes true.  

Yea if you watch 10 seconds of his tape you would realize he’s not an in line TE anyone who thought that doesn’t know ball at all. 

You can put me back on ignore now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

As BB mentioned, they won’t be using him in 12 personal sets. He said, think of it like 11 and 1/2. 

I'm glad he's telling opposing defenses our gameplan so far ahead of time, I'm sure there's no chance we'll deviate from this at all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.