Final stadium drawings maybe?

Draconator

@BLeonard had started a thread, but the pictures were kinda small. So he emailed them to me and I put them on a Google Drive link and made the link sharable. 

There's ain't pretty drawings. More engineering-type drawings, but the Reddit poster that BLeonard saw these on, the poster said these were the final drawings. (Then quickly that poster deleted the drawings from Reddit.)

Judge for ye self

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ehURXcMujmJ7IO_MbsDuMWmf4zn42LMD?usp=sharing

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Draconator said:

@BLeonard had started a thread, but the pictures were kinda small. So he emailed them to me and I put them on a Google Drive link and made the link sharable. 

There's ain't pretty drawings. More engineering-type drawings, but the Reddit poster that BLeonard saw these on, the poster said these were the final drawings. (Then quickly that poster deleted the drawings from Reddit.)

Judge for ye self

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ehURXcMujmJ7IO_MbsDuMWmf4zn42LMD?usp=sharing

yeah they’re just wire-mesh type pics but sure I like it. No surprises. Thanks for posting.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Looks pretty much like the renderings released.

It’s going to be a beautiful stadium. Still hate it.

I understand what you mean, but that building may just be the largest anchor on the planet, grounding the Bills in Buffalo for the next 2 decades minimum. I like the design enough, but I love what it represents.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I understand what you mean, but that building may just be the largest anchor on the planet, grounding the Bills in Buffalo for the next 2 decades minimum. I like the design enough, but I love what it represents.

And that is exactly the right attitude to have. Cheers

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Meh whatever it takes to keep the team and get the commish off our backs. Nothing too exciting though

Agreed the ugly glass design does nothing for me because it doesn’t fit into Western New York. I think if we are going cheaper why have any lights or a replay board? Make it like old Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field where Buffalo Bills have to play at 1:00 every Sunday at the new Bills stadium. Since the Bills are keeping it simple make it historic hand operated scoreboard like 1940’s Buffalo Civic Stadium. No replay boards and no stadium lights. That makes the stadium experience unique and stand out. Nothing we are doing is buzz worthy. I guarantee if the Bills said we are building a historic football stadium with no replay boards all hand operated with no stadium lights fans would come from all over like fans go to Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

42 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

Agreed the ugly glass design does nothing for me because it doesn’t fit into Western New York. I think if we are going cheaper why have any lights or a replay board? Make it like old Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field where Buffalo Bills have to play at 1:00 every Sunday at the new Bills stadium. Since the Bills are keeping it simple make it historic hand operated scoreboard like 1940’s Buffalo Civic Stadium. No replay boards and no stadium lights. That makes the stadium experience unique and stand out. Nothing we are doing is buzz worthy. I guarantee if the Bills said we are building a historic football stadium with no replay boards all hand operated with no stadium lights fans would come from all over like fans go to Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

it’s not all glass. I thought you “were leaving for good”? Because please do. And when you sign off with “go bills lets go buffalo” it’s pretty easy to tell who you are despite your very, VERY creative smurf account names. 

take your own advice: just go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

Good morning.

As I’ve been saying all along, the ‘renderings’ we’ve been shown to date are nothing more than rendered views of the 3D model from which they’ll construct the stadium. The ‘drawings’ posted here are the technical views of that exact same model. I use drawings in quotes because nothing is actually drawn anymore. We simply ask the software to show us views of the model in plan, elevation and cross section. I’ll study them more later on my desktop but what I’m most interested in are what appear to be floor plan views of the locker room and concourse levels. It’s there that fans can see the support spaces being incorporated into the facility (restrooms, concessions, etc).

PS: Thanks for sharing! Very cool. I’m a bit shocked these were released. They RARELY are. Tons of liability and proprietary design being exposed by the architects here.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

Make it like old Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field where Buffalo Bills have to play at 1:00 every Sunday at the new Bills stadium. Since the Bills are keeping it simple make it historic hand operated scoreboard like 1940’s Buffalo Civic Stadium. No replay boards and no stadium lights. That makes the stadium experience unique and stand out. 

that sounds awesome, actually

7 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

Wrigley Field got lights in 1988.  You're asking the Bills to do what the Cubs don't do anymore....for almost 40 years.

So basically if we have the #1 seed in the conference, we would have to play on the road for the AFCCG because those games are late afternoon/night.

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s rather unfortunate that these views do not include a cross section where you’d be able to see the actual extent of the roof overhang above the seating levels below. 

From these prints it looks like the top bowls are 100% covered while the lowest bowl is mostly open.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’d agree, but from my cellphone I’m not seeing a cross section. Is there one? 

This is the image I was referring to. Looks like the lower bowl is mostly open. The stadium is going to be very vertical from what I read. Pretty different from the current stadium.

CDAD47F9-AABC-43FD-96A0-B865214D485B.jpeg

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is the image I was referring to. Looks like the lower bowl is mostly open. The stadium is going to be very vertical from what I read. Pretty different from the current stadium.

CDAD47F9-AABC-43FD-96A0-B865214D485B.jpeg

Good catch. Yep that Site Plan shows it pretty clearly.

That last one, that shows the overhang and "wireframe", clearly shows to me that the entire stadium is made of balsa wood!  This this is going to be a disaster!!  Terry is Ralph is Cheap!!! 🤣

Thanks for the post - cool to see these (screen capped on the desktop).  I for one welcome our new home, LET'S GO BUFFALO!! :beer: 

Now opening the views on my desktop computer, one thing that I think is pretty cool is that they are incorporating a small warm-up field inside the lower level right next to the Bills Locker Room. I've been on a few stadium tours, and don't know that I've seen that before.  Also, it looks like the Field Level Bar/Restaurant may have one of those now-popular glass walls where you can stand and watch the players as they take the field.

Edited by SoCal Deek

10 hours ago, Draconator said:

Judge for ye self

I don't want to have to update my driver to look at pictures 🙄

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

It’s almost no glass other than the entry ways it appeared to me. Many people think that whole outside facia is glass. It’s not. It’s metal that’s perforated. 

It appears that the Concourse level has doors separating it from the plaza/perimeter side, meaning that you're somewhat protected from the elements when you're standing there, going to the restroom, or getting something to eat/drink. You're definitely under cover in the Concourse. We can also see however that there are NO doors separating it from the seating bowl, so it's not truly indoors.

Another interesting element, is that if you look at the Site Plan, there is something shown where the current Stadium is located. You can clearly see parking stalls within that area, but there's a wall, fence (or something) shown around the perimeter of the Rich Stadium footprint, as is they are planning on preserving it in some way.

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

is that because of expense, maintenance or safety element for the perforated metal?

I have no idea exactly, But I’m going along with their plan to confuse the wind. Somehow it will all be funneled/directed into areas to not effect the people inside the stadium. 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It appears that the Concourse level has doors separating it from the plaza/perimeter side, meaning that you're somewhat protected from the elements when you're standing there, going to the restroom, or getting something to eat/drink. You're definitely under cover in the Concourse. We can also see however that there are NO doors separating it from the seating bowl, so it's not truly indoors.

Yeah. I always assumed that to be the case. I’ve been to many stadiums where the concourses are completely covered. If you were replying to me because I have taken a hard stand in the subject, it doesn’t really matter to me. Sure the covered and likely heated concourses will be nice but I don’t spend a lot of time in those areas. I get to the game, go to the restroom, get a couple drinks and sit in my seat for many times the whole game. Once, maybe twice (if I’ve been drinking a lot) I’ll get up and get another round, hit the head, and get something to eat. I’m there to watch football, not congregate in common areas. I’m not going to complain about that though. I assumed it was going to happen is all. 

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Another interesting element, is that if you look at the Site Plan, there is something shown where the current Stadium is located. You can clearly see parking stalls within that area, but there's a wall, fence (or something) shown around the perimeter of the Rich Stadium footprint, as is they are planning on preserving it in some way.

I saw that also. I’m had a really great idea for the old stadium actually. Turning the lower bowl into a pre/post-game tailgate/party. Vendors, restrooms, bar/restaurant, live music, covered and heated areas, current and past Bills legends doing meet and greets. Keep some or all of the old turf there. Maybe some odes to Bills teams of the past. Could charge people to come in and party/tailgate right on the old field where your favorite team used to play. I’d pay for it. 

7 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

The field will be 35’ below grade. What they can’t dig they will blast. Does anyone know how far the field sits now?

Thought it was like 60. Idk 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

I have no idea exactly, But I’m going along with their plan to confuse the wind. Somehow it will all be funneled/directed into areas to not effect the people inside the stadium. 

Yeah. I always assumed that to be the case. I’ve been to many stadiums where the concourses are completely covered. If you were replying to me because I have taken a hard stand in the subject, it doesn’t really matter to me. Sure the covered and likely heated concourses will be nice but I don’t spend a lot of time in those areas. I get to the game, go to the restroom, get a couple drinks and sit in my seat for many times the whole game. Once, maybe twice (if I’ve been drinking a lot) I’ll get up and get another round, hit the head, and get something to eat. I’m there to watch football, not congregate in common areas. I’m not going to complain about that though. I assumed it was going to happen is all. 

I saw that also. I’m had a really great idea for the old stadium actually. Turning the lower bowl into a pre/post-game tailgate/party. Vendors, restrooms, bar/restaurant, live music, covered and heated areas, current and past Bills legends doing meet and greets. Keep some or all of the old turf there. Maybe some odes to Bills teams of the past. Could charge people to come in and party/tailgate right on the old field where your favorite team used to play. I’d pay for it. 

Thought it was like 60. Idk 

Rags...I'm not replying to you specifically, just making observations since many on here probably cannot 'read' drawings that well. It's all good.

And yes, it looks like the parking within the old stadium is drawn differently, as if your idea of a special venue (tailgating, etc) may indeed be coming to fruition. There are definitely gates shown around the perimeter as if you'll need some sort of ticket to get into that venue.

Another cool feature is that it appears that from the Field Level Bar/Restaurant you can actually look into the Bills Post Game Interview Room. So you can sit at barstools and watch the press interview the players and coaches. I assume they'll be piping in the sound.

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Rags...I'm not replying to you specifically, just making observations since many on here probably cannot 'read' drawings that well. It's all good.

And yes, it looks like the parking within the old stadium is drawn differently, as if your idea of a special venue (tailgating, etc) may indeed be coming to fruition. There are definitely gates shown around the perimeter as if you'll need some sort of ticket to get into that venue.

With all the complaining I’ve done about it I’ve earned it anyway. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Another cool feature is that it appears that from the Field Level Bar/Restaurant you can actually look into the Bills Post Game Interview Room. So you can sit at barstools and watch the press interview the players and coaches. I assume they'll be piping in the sound.

These are definitely things that will make this stadium cool and I’m guessing unique. I have been to enough newly built venues so I can’t confirm if any current stadium has things like this. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Would not be shocked to see them expand on the current practice facility.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.