Diggs unfollows Buffalo, follows Cowgirls 🤷‍♂️

DaggersEOD

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

He was starting to blow up in the lions game and McDermott had to talk to them. I’m sure there have been other times as well. Obviously, I want him on the team but let’s not pretend like it might get annoying. Wrs are the most annoying position on the team. When do o linemen ever have temper tantrums?

Off the top of my head?

There are a LOT more arguments and heated discussions going on in every game than fans are aware of. Diggs was just caught as the ONLY player caring while his team laid an egg in a playoff game.

Yall are being wayyyy too sensitive about it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mango said:

Did you play at UB? If you did you might have punched me in the face. 

My freshman year we came home from the bars at like 5am and outside of the dorms were a couple of guys asking if we wanted to play football. We were a pretty big athletic bunch, so were like “sure”. Then one little guy starts mouthing off that they played for UB and would kick our ass. I laugh because UB was like 1-11 the year before. They silently follow us to our down. Go get a bunch of other guys from the team, break in, and it turns into a total brawl. 

What a drunk mess. 18 year old drunk me didn’t realize that anybody asking to play football at 5am wasn’t actually asking to play football, and that maybe I should keep my smart ass shut. 

If it was you, I forgive you. But I am a little salty that you got away without even a slap on the wrist and we got community service. 

The only people I have punched in the face are close family and friends 🤣. Other people know better. But I’m sorry that happened to you. 🍻 on me!

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Off the top of my head?

There are a LOT more arguments and heated discussions going on in every game than fans are aware of. Diggs was just caught as the ONLY player caring while his team laid an egg in a playoff game.

Yall are being wayyyy too sensitive about it.

Peyton started that!

but you have to admit receivers are divas. Also why troll (if that’s what he is doing) a fanbase that has been nothing but great to Diggs? It’s not we are treating him like he’s Leslie Frazier!

39 minutes ago, Mango said:

He is definitely trolling here. I am pretty sure he is just talking about Edmunds/Poyer. But I am also confident he purposefully put that tweet out that way to stir everything up as well. 

But again I ask, why do if to bills fans, who have done nothing but give him love? If it’s the case, it’s super corny. 

bills need to start a social media class for the receivers. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

but you have to admit receivers are divas. Also why troll (if that’s what he is doing) a fanbase that has been nothing but great to Diggs? It’s not we are treating him like he’s Leslie Frazier!

Read the previous page, the other online comments, and everything said since the Cincy game. The "fans" deserve the trolling.

He's a diva because he wants to win? Because he wants the rest of the team to show the same fire he brings to the games? Cmon.

Want him to be ok with losing? Nah.

Want him to be ok with their level of play when its not up to the standard? Nah.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Read the previous page, the other online comments, and everything said since the Cincy game. The "fans" deserve the trolling.

He's a diva because he wants to win? Because he wants the rest of the team to show the same fire he brings to the games? Cmon.

Want him to be ok with losing? Nah.

Want him to be ok with their level of play when it’s not up to the standard? Nah.

So Diggs shouldn’t have been called out for having a temper tantrum? I hate most social media (like looking at pictures on Instagram, I’m simple) so I hate fans who talk wild crap to players. And I don’t follow or pay attention to Diggs. But how bad were the comments?

personally, Diggs is from the generation after me. The generation that wants all praise and act like babies when they get called out for doing something dumb. So sensitive. Diggs acted like a baby (he’s the only player who cares about winning!!!) and fans said he acted like a baby. Just admit it and don’t try to troll to a great fanbase who been really great to you. 

Also, I know everything will be fine but it’s like ja morant. These dudes want all the praise and none of the criticism. We are raising a generation of sensitive little female dogs. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So Diggs shouldn’t have been called out for having a temper tantrum? I hate most social media (like looking at pictures on Instagram, I’m simple) so I hate fans who talk wild crap to players. And I don’t follow or pay attention to Diggs. But how bad were the comments?

personally, Diggs is from the generation after me. The generation that wants all praise and act like babies when they get called out for doing something dumb. So sensitive. Diggs acted like a baby (he’s the only player who cares about winning!!!) and fans said he acted like a baby. Just admit it and don’t try to troll to a great fanbase who been really great to you. 

Also, I know everything will be fine but it’s like ja morant. These dudes want all the praise and none of the criticism. We are raising a generation of sensitive little female dogs. 

Called out by who that matters? And dont ever compare Diggs to JA Morant. Especially in light of recent events. Diggs is no where near that.

Save your "kids these days" generation rant for the AARP board gramps! :thumbsup: Almost none of that applies to Diggs' sideline outburst situation.

The kids didnt invent participation trophies, the Gen X/Boomer parents did. Keep that in mind.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Called out by who that matters? And dont ever compare Diggs to JA Morant. Especially in light of recent events. Diggs is no where near that.

Save your "kids these days" generation rant for the AARP board gramps! :thumbsup: Almost none of that applies to Diggs' sideline outburst situation.

The kids didnt invent participation trophies, the Gen X/Boomer parents did. Keep that in mind.

I’m not that old! And I know he’s not Morant. But I think morant was nothing but praised that when he got called out for trying to be a tough guy (this guys a gangster, his first name is Clarence), he couldn’t handled it. Happens all the time. We have politicians who have temper tantrums when they get called out on their lies. Our society is so soft now. 

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m not that old! And I know he’s not Morant. But I think morant was nothing but praised that when he got called out for trying to be a tough guy (this guys a gangster, his first name is Clarence), he couldn’t handled it. Happens all the time. We have politicians who have temper tantrums when they get called out on their lies. Our society is so soft now. 

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Id say Diggs handled the backlash very well. He made two simple comments in response.

What part is there to argue with or condemn?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Id say Diggs handled the backlash very well. He made two simple comments in response.

What part is there to argue with or condemn?

It’s more than part about his actions on the field. And fans/ media have a right to question it. So if he’s trolling because he got called out for it, it’s pretty soft to me.

that said, this was great therapy because I’m over it now (and work is done).  Thanks Doc! 🍻

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, teef said:

i have, and i don't think any of what you said is true.  any of it.

Where was he at the end of the Miami game in Miami when we were driving to win the game?

He played in the lowest % of snaps since his rookie year.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DiggSt00.htm

Edited by Back2Buff

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The only people I have punched in the face are close family and friends 🤣. Other people know better. But I’m sorry that happened to you. 🍻 on me!

Peyton started that!

But again I ask, why do if to bills fans, who have done nothing but give him love? If it’s the case, it’s super corny. 

bills need to start a social media class for the receivers. 

The whole “he’s competitive” is such trash. Michael Phelps is the most decorated athlete of all time, does he scream at the relay team on the deck of the pool at the Olympics?

Serena at Venus in a doubles match? 

Tiger his caddy? 

There are dozens, scratch that, hundreds and hundreds of people who have won multiple world championships in individual and team sports who don’t treat people like crap because “they are so so competitive”.

Maybe win anything of any notoriety just once. Maybe twice. Before you start talking about how the on my option is to be a loser or an arse hat. It’s literal gaslighting. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

The whole “he’s competitive” is such trash. Michael Phelps is the most decorated athlete of all time, does he scream at the relay team on the deck of the pool at the Olympics?

3min 11sec mark "CATCH THIS MOTHERFU$%ER! CATCH THIS MOTHERFU$%ER!" on international TV.

All words of encouragement, just like Diggs had for Josh. Phelps doesnt really think anyone is a MFer.

Serena at Venus in a doubles match?

Those sisters? Absolutely.

Tiger his caddy?

There are dozens, scratch that, hundreds and hundreds of people who have won multiple world championships in individual and team sports who don’t treat people like crap because “they are so so competitive”.

He didnt treat anyone like crap tho.

Seriously. Yall need to not be so sensitive. None of the Bills care about it nearly as much as the bored fans.

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

3min 11sec mark "CATCH THIS MOTHERFU$%ER! CATCH THIS MOTHERFU$%ER!" on international TV.

All words of encouragement, just like Diggs had for Josh. Phelps doesnt really think anyone is a MFer.

Those sisters? Absolutely.

He didnt treat anyone like crap tho.

Seriously. Yall need to not be so sensitive. None of the Bills care about it nearly as much as the bored fans.

I’m not sure if you actually believe that Diggs yelling at Allen on the sideline in that Bengals game was words of encouragement like “we got these mother effers” or if you’re just willfully lying.

Either way I have concerns.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I am an AARP'er and that is an awesome statement.   I have been saying stuff like that for decades.

I started way back in the "yuppie" days with the "Caution:  Baby on Board" signs on cars.

As for all this Diggs' stuff, as long as the locker room is fine with him, I don't care.  If the day comes and he really wants out, get rid of him.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

How is that different from losing their minds due to the internet like now?

We are so much more advanced than back then. People were so basic with their little jobs and rotary phones. We’ve come so far in a very short amount of time. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/7/2023 at 3:59 PM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Yes but Generation X goes back to the 1960’s. I am Generation X born in 1967. So there is a huge difference time wise. I had no cable until 1980 because the cable systems weren’t all built out in the Buffalo suburbs yet. I grew up in the Buffalo suburb of Clarence which was a rural dairy farm town when I was real

small going to the local dairy store for ice cream. Anyway in Clarence Buffalo International Cable stoped at Transit Road. My parents our color television was heavy wood furniture looking through a fish bowl 25 inches screen we got local Buffalo WGR TV2, WBEN TV4, WKBW TV7, WNED PBS TV17, WUTV TV29 then the Canadian Toronto channels CBC TV5, CTV TV9, Hamilton CHCH TV 11 that was about it along with CBC TV25 French language which carried Montreal Canadians games if you used aluminum foil on the antennas and pointed it towards the window so we could see the Buffalo Sabres Montreal Canadians game not picked up locally in Buffalo on television. I watched the 1980 Buffalo Sabres home games against the New York Islanders in playoffs on CBC French TV25 because we didn’t get cable until July or August of that summer and there was only local free television for all the away Buffalo Sabres playoff games except if it was a series decider than local Buffalo television would pick it up like 1979 Game 3 at home against the Pittsburgh Penguins George Ferguson overtime winner in the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium Saturday afternoon. Game 2 away was shown but Game 1 at home was radio only. I watched it a couple of years ago Game 1 off a Penguins game televised in Pittsburgh that a Penguins fan put on YouTube.

What? Exactly we have differences between the generations on many things the Buffalo we grew up in is very different which is fine but there are a lot of differences. I saw Buffalo before the decline Millennials didn’t so they don’t have that reference point to compare unfortunately because if they did maybe just maybe they wouldn’t be so happy with no dome on new Bills stadium and our Western New York and New York State elites selling Buffalo out which is very sad oh well what is done is done. But don’t say BSF didn’t try to point that out. I am proud my generation Generation X we along with the baby boomers were able to bring back Buffalo Bisons to Buffalo and bringing back UB Bulls as a major college football program again those are two of the things as a Buffalo sports fan I am most proud of. Regrets I have a few I wish we able to save Buffalo Memorial Auditorium like Seattle Kraken did with Settle Center instead of Buffalo Sabres Key Bank Center that is just not a good viewing facility for college basketball at all and it’s not a great anything viewing wise from the cheap seats. Again I blame my generation for that we own that Baby Boomers and Generation X. We don’t own the new Bills stadium we were wiser on that Millennials will get the blame for that 50 year generational mistake. Buffalo would be better doming the current Highmark stadium fixing the upper deck with a dome that would serve all fans needs better so yes we are making the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium mistake again but at least this time my generation is wise to it. I don’t think viewing will be better than Highmark it will be worse because Highmark Stadium was grandfathered for fire codes. News flash surprise the Bills new Bills stadium viewing experience won’t be as good as current Highmark Stadium. I take no blame on new Buffalo Bills stadium that is on the millennials and there expensive technology while we older Bills fans freeze in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Born same time, except my grandpa had one of those fancy dials that you picked up TO stations by turning it to the NW and heard the motor on the roof rotating the antenna...when we were playing street hockey outside at night (you could see well enough under the streetlight)  and the antenna would rotate, someone would pretend to be Howie Meeker on HNIC taking you to the WC Oilers-Canucks game....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DaggersEOD said:

Lol seriously!  What D-Bag started this thing?!  …crap

Yep, it's a non-story. I said that in an early post on the first page, trying to quash this topic, but it took off. It's the off-season...I guess people are bored.

In many ways, the world would be a better place without social media. Why are young people obsessed with this? It got Ja Morant, Kyler Murray, Ye, Cole Beasley, Kyrie Irving, and even Lebron in trouble. When will people learn? Now you even see news articles on ESPN consisting entirely of a summary of people's Twitter reactions. Real journalism....at it's finest. SMH.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Yep its a non-story. I said that in an early post on the first page, triyng to quash this topic, but it took off. It's the off-season...I guess people are bored. In many ways, the world would be a better place without social media. Why are young people obsessed with this? It got Ja Morant, Kyler Murray, Ye, Cole Beasley, Kyrie Irving, and even Lebron in trouble. When will people learn?

Honestly, I didn’t expect this to get more than a page worth of responses at most. 🤷‍♂️

Off-season drama. 

That said, a bunch of interesting thoughts were posted on the subject, and I was entertained reading them. 

I’ll call that a win.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, TDO'Kearney said:

Born same time, except my grandpa had one of those fancy dials that you picked up TO stations by turning it to the NW and heard the motor on the roof rotating the antenna...when we were playing street hockey outside at night (you could see well enough under the streetlight)  and the antenna would rotate, someone would pretend to be Howie Meeker on HNIC taking you to the WC Oilers-Canucks game....

Mine had a rooftop motorized  antenna too. Plus no VCR, no cable TV, and no shower. FOX and their primetime cartoon and/or crude shows did not exist. I actually liked the olden days in many ways. Things were simpler. There were also blackouts in the NFL, which were not a bad thing in many ways. Sorry. But that's just my opinion.

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The kids didnt invent participation trophies, the Gen X/Boomer parents did.

It takes a special lack of self awareness to hand kids participation trophies (instead of doing some actual parenting) and then, years later, deride those kids for being handed participation trophies. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Diggs is a bit of a diva but he also seems to be a great teammate and only acts up at all when they lose, I truly believe that if they went 16-0 and he caught 50 balls all year he would keep quiet.

Look I generally agree, but he visibly says crazy stuff on the sidelines and has had out with coaches. 

Oh, and he already turned on one team and spun up toxic relationship w a solid playoff type team. 

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Mango said:

I’m not sure if you actually believe that Diggs yelling at Allen on the sideline in that Bengals game was words of encouragement like “we got these mother effers” or if you’re just willfully lying.

Either way I have concerns.

I know it isnt exactly the same, but I'd argue that Diggs' behavior is more like Phelps than what posters here think it is.

Here is the big, horrible, "screaming", "event" by the way:

That's it. Less than 10 seconds. Like 3-4 of the same line. From 10 feet away. With his helmet on. As he's walking by. THAT is the big diva meltdown attack?!?

And supposedly Diggs was yelling "Stop listening to him!"

Which, if Diggs is referring to the advisement to throw it deep every play, and keep going bomb-bomb-sack-punt... Diggs aint wrong.  I think we were all yelling the same thing at that time. IMO, he's trying to get Josh to throw a couple balls to him, not because he wants attention or needs targets, but because he knows it will help  Josh and the offense settle down, find a rhythm, and maybe put a drive together.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/7/2023 at 10:56 PM, Beck Water said:

Dude look around first

Not when it would involve the player giving back bonus they’ve already been paid and converting it to salary to reduce dead cap, which is what would have to happen.

Not allowed

It would not require that, his signing bonus wasn’t huge and the guaranteed money would follow the contract to the next team in a trade scenario, he’s very traceable from the Bills perspective.  The dead cap number and the trade number are not the same.

9 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I know it isnt exactly the same, but I'd argue that Diggs' behavior is more like Phelps than what posters here think it is.

Here is the big, horrible, "screaming", "event" by the way:

That's it. Less than 10 seconds. Like 3-4 of the same line. From 10 feet away. With his helmet on. As he's walking by. THAT is the big diva meltdown attack?!?

And supposedly Diggs was yelling "Stop listening to him!"

Which, if Diggs is referring to the advisement to throw it deep every play, and keep going bomb-bomb-sack-punt... Diggs aint wrong.  I think we were all yelling the same thing at that time. IMO, he's trying to get Josh to throw a couple balls to him, not because he wants attention or needs targets, but because he knows it will help  Josh and the offense settle down, find a rhythm, and maybe put a drive together.

A few months ago I was in the “WR be WR” camp around Diggs and a couple of the sideline moments he had.

Where I think we diverge here is his actions post game. I cannot separate his sideline moments from his bailing on his teammates. Then blaming it on “his competitiveness” which implies others failed him. Then not showing back up.

Diggs knows the rumors around him and this team and has months to quiet them. Instead he chooses to troll. Which is much more in line with him being a wiener than it is him acting as some motivational speaker.

I want Diggs here. But more than that I want him to want to be here. And I right now I don’t see that. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Mango said:

A few months ago I was in the “WR be WR” camp around Diggs and a couple of the sideline moments he had.

Where I think we diverge here is his actions post game. I cannot separate his sideline moments from his bailing on his teammates. Then blaming it on “his competitiveness” which implies others failed him. Then not showing back up.

Diggs knows the rumors around him and this team and has months to quiet them. Instead he chooses to troll. Which is much more in line with him being a wiener than it is him acting as some motivational speaker.

I want Diggs here. But more than that I want him to want to be here. And I right now I don’t see that. 

Again, sounds a lot like yall are looking for reasons to be upset. He left after the game, and the season, were over. There was nothing left to do, except... what? Hold hands in the locker room and say "lets try again next year" after 99% of the team just acted like THEY didnt want to be there?

Watching that Cincy game it is clear that Diggs is one of maybe 3 players that DID want to be there, and actually came to play. I'm more concerned with the rest of the team that quit on him.

• Like (+1) 7

Again, sounds a lot like yall are looking for reasons to be upset. He left after the game, and the season, were over. There was nothing left to do, except... what? Hold hands in the locker room and say "lets try again next year" after 99% of the team just acted like THEY didnt want to be there?

It sounds like you just want to make an excuse for anyone with a Buffalo on their helmet.

What’s left to do is be a captain and a teammate. A leader doesn’t abandon their team after a season ending loss because they’re mad. They rise above and are there for their teammates. Reporters who have been following the team for decades said they’ve never seen a player do that before.

This is the same guy that stood on the field after the Chiefs playoff loss and wanted to watch them celebrate so he would have extra motivation to win it all next year. He went from that, to now he’s leaving the stadium before the coaches even get to the locker room?

You can make excuses if you want but it’s not normal and it’s not a captain move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Interesting insight with Micah Hyde hosting on GMFB talking about Diggs.   It's clearly a "thing", but doesn't seem like a thing anyone is worried about... at least that's the public face he put on it. 

58 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It sounds like you just want to make an excuse for anyone with a Buffalo on their helmet.

What’s left to do is be a captain and a teammate. A leader doesn’t abandon their team after a season ending loss because they’re mad. They rise above and are there for their teammates. Reporters who have been following the team for decades said they’ve never seen a player do that before.

This is the same guy that stood on the field after the Chiefs playoff loss and wanted to watch them celebrate so he would have extra motivation to win it all next year. He went from that, to now he’s leaving the stadium before the coaches even get to the locker room?

You can make excuses if you want but it’s not normal and it’s not a captain move.

You put the same colored tint on every post you make.  They’re all the same.  You can pretend that you’re making sense but we all know this is just what you do in every post you make.  Valentines Day Television GIF by Good Trouble

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.