Fournette Available

ngbills

A few reasons to like this:

1) Because he was cut, he doesn't count against the comp pick formula. Not a free agent. We need as many of those as we can get if we want to recoup a nice 3rd and/or 4th round pick for losing Edmunds and Hyde.

2) The exact type of runner we need. Good in pass pro, experienced, good in short yardage.

3) "Been there before" attitude. Played his best ball in the playoffs and won the SB.

A rare time in which I'll shout the proverbial know-nothing phrase of GIT ER DONE BEANE! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

A few reasons to like this:

1) Because he was cut, he doesn't count against the comp pick formula. Not a free agent. We need as many of those as we can get if we want to recoup a nice 3rd and/or 4th round pick for losing Edmunds and Hyde.

2) The exact type of runner we need. Good in pass pro, experienced, good in short yardage.

3) "Been there before" attitude. Played his best ball in the playoffs and won the SB.

A rare time in which I'll shout the proverbial know-nothing phrase of GIT ER DONE BEANE! 

I'd rather have Henry although I realize that's nothing but a pipe dream.

pass on Leonard.

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t get the obsession with Running backs. Build the line and anyone can run behind it. 

In the end, this is true. I have this fascination with Bijan Robinson, but if we had hogs they could pave the way you could run and undrafted free agent behind them.

This draft is full of running backs, and there are so many on the fridge agent market, but there’s not a lot of is quality lineman

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t normally say Buffalo isn’t attractive to free agents, but I don’t think this is an attractive spot for this free agent. He’s a warm weather guy. Unless he has no market (he will) I don’t see why he wouldn’t go to New Orleans or a team similar if he signs on the cheaper end 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be excited about this.  As stated, he complements Cook very well.

I'm very bullish on Cook.  But we need that guy who can take up the short yardage/goal-line slack, and really, give Allen a break more than a Cook or Singletary or whoever is handling the bulk of the running (probably Cook in '23).

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t get the obsession with Running backs. Build the line and anyone can run behind it. 

Apparently "building the line" is more complicated than it seems because it has yet to happen in 5 seasons.  

This team should be striving to upgrade every position that can be improved upon.  Fournette has shown to be a better RB than what we currently have.  He's excellent in pass protection, is an all purpose guy and a veteran presence.  He would be an asset here if used properly and wouldn't break the bank.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

To me he is one of those post draft league minimum signings if you can’t find a complimentary back in free agency or the draft. 

yeah, I tend to agree.  But getting a cheap vet now (not that he will be) makes grabbing that OG or WR over a RB in the 4th easier, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.