Fournette Available

ngbills

15 hours ago, ngbills said:

Would make a good tandem with Cook. A strong and big runner with receiving ability. 

Seriously??  Has averaged under 4 ypc in four of his six seasons in the league - 2x in both Jax and TB, including last season.  

Also is 28 and that is definite downside age for a RB. 

We could always give him a locker next to Shaq Lawson!  

Edited by freddyjj

10 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I like the talent but not the person.  Also long in the tooth for an RB and probably wants more than the bills would want to offer. 

When did you meet him? What did he do to you so that you don't like him as a person?

• Eyeroll 1

16 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t get the obsession with Running backs. Build the line and anyone can run behind it. 

Thank you Miyagi-San.  You’re wise as

you are interesting.

Agreed, the FA RB class is deep so they should be able to get Hines to reduce, as the MTC guy always talk about the R’s in the business season.  Restructure, Reduce, and Release.  Hines won’t get with this group of FA’s $4.8 mil.  

If he reduces and we get two solid guards and either a TE in the draft and/or WR.

We don’t need Fournette.  I’m in FL so I see a ton of the Jags and Bucs games.  I like Fournette, but not worth it.  A WR, TE, and two G’s is the ticket.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The time to sign Fournette was back in 2020 when he signed for $2M and then for $3M the next year.

I wanted him badly back then but it's a big NO on him now.

Which was after an 1200 rushing yard and 75 reception season. The $2-3 is all I would pay now. For that he or a similar back is worth it. I prefer that over a 1st round pick. 

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Which was after an 1200 rushing yard and 75 reception season. The $2-3 is all I would pay now. For that he or a similar back is worth it. I prefer that over a 1st round pick. 

It is looking like a lot of RBs are available for that money this year.

No way I want a 1st round RB.

Foreman, Damian Harris and some other FA's could provide some better power running inside without breaking the bank.  The Bills can't keep using Allen for their power running game.  Nothing slows down a pass rush better than strong running between the tackles.  It will also put some credibility in the play action pass plays.

I don't think Lombardi Lenny is a viable answer at this stage of his career.  I don't think he is a process guy either.

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Posters upstream were saying get a top O-line and an UDFA could go wild behind it.  I asked where that is happening.  You mentioned a guy who just cracked 800 yards on  the 20th ranked rushing offense.

That's not exactly how the Chiefs got to, and won, the SB.  Your example isn't Germain to this discussion. 

Germans.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, ngbills said:

Would make a good tandem with Cook. A strong and big runner with receiving ability. 

He could be a good get if the price is right if he is looking to make a ton of cash i would rather go with the kid from Texas because he can be had for more years & less money ...

Plus if he is this generational talent this offense would be a HUGE thorn in every D coordinators side even more than it is now !! 

First thing I thought of when I saw this.

He brings a SB winner attitude to the offense. Can groom Cook. He was trusted by Brady in pass coverage and as an outlet. He's a powerful runner, can get tough yards, but also still has some juice.

He probably won't break the bank as he only wants to play for a winner and will probably take less.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.