We’re heading to England next season

Chandler#81

49 minutes ago, nucci said:

teams do this every year. It's our turn

I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. I did find this interesting though, sounds like teams can refuse & not every team is forced to do this: "The Packers are the only NFL team to not have played a regular-season international game because Green Bay always refused to give up a home game to do so. That is because of the disproportionate economic impact giving up a home game would have on Green Bay, by far the smallest market in the NFL." (Edit: as BritBill pointed out to me below, Packers were in England this season)

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/2021/03/30/nfl-adds-17th-game-guarantees-green-bay-packers-play-international-contest-london/7001704002/

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. I did find this interesting though, sounds like teams can refuse & not every team is forced to do this: "The Packers are the only NFL team to not have played a regular-season international game because Green Bay always refused to give up a home game to do so. That is because of the disproportionate economic impact giving up a home game would have on Green Bay, by far the smallest market in the NFL."

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/2021/03/30/nfl-adds-17th-game-guarantees-green-bay-packers-play-international-contest-london/7001704002/

Yep, Packers played here this season. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Yes, article said it's a home game for us in place of one of our 9 Buffalo home games, so an away game for our opponent (I'm betting will be NE, from what's on the list of teams that are playing overseas).

Apparently it's the Titans, thank goodness. 

It won’t be pats or jags since they will be playing international as well. If they do non div game down to the top 3 on the list

Home 

Las Vegas Raiders

Dallas Cowboys

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Denver Broncos - last yr

New York Giants - last yr

Jacksonville Jaguars - doubt

Miami Dolphins - div

New England Patriots - doubt 

New York Jets - div 

Edited by mikemac2001
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

It won’t be pats or jags since they will be playing international as well 

Home 

Denver Broncos

Las Vegas Raiders

Dallas Cowboys

New York Giants

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Miami Dolphins

New York Jets

Giants and Broncos were over here this season. So can probably scratch them too. 

Although divisional games have happened in London they're very rare and I can't see it happening .So remove Dolphins and Jests as well. 

Edited by BritBill
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

It won’t be pats or jags since they will be playing international as well. If they do non div game down to the top 3 on the list

Home 

Las Vegas Raiders

Dallas Cowboys

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Denver Broncos - last yr

Miami Dolphins - div

New York Jets - div 

Updated so I would think the top 3 based on div games other teams playing international this year and last year 

Most likely:

Dolphins

Jets

Raiders

Cowboys

I doubt it will be Dolphins after all three close games this year. Bills wouldn't want to lose home field against them.

Cowboys also, that's actually a possible Superbowl matchup and would be a great opening night if Buffalo wins. Even still, they are a great draw for the home team, Pegulas wouldn't want to lose that.

My guess is the Raiders, could definitely see that happening.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Most likely:

Dolphins

Jets

Raiders

Cowboys

I doubt it will be Dolphins after all three close games this year. Bills wouldn't want to lose home field against them.

Cowboys also, that's actually a possible Superbowl matchup and would be a great opening night if Buffalo wins. Even still, they are a great draw for the home team, Pegulas wouldn't want to lose that.

Raiders would be my guess too. Closely followed by Bucs. 

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Most likely:

Dolphins

Jets

Raiders

Cowboys

yeah I already had the Cowboys matchup circled on my calendar as a game to attend, would hate to lose that one.   

UGH

So the 17 game schedule is making a lot more sense now. I could imagine them eventually wanting to push the 16 "extra" games to international sites every year, if they can figure out suitable markets.

I think the fact the Chiefs and Bills are both slated for their extra home game to be abroad is a good thing. It would have been optimal to force Cincy into this instead of New England, as those are the three teams that seem best perched to be fighting for the 1 seed again in 2023.

I think you have to hope it's Las Vegas. Denver, NYG, and Tampa all went abroad last season. Also feel like from a competitiveness standpoint, taking away a divisional home match-up is a bridge too far. Theoretically, I could see the league doing some kind of trial balloon of Jacksonville playing "home" at Wembley followed by an "away" game vs Buffalo at Spurs, but that would be a stretch.

So to me, it's probably Vegas or the Cowboys.

13 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Home 

Las Vegas Raiders

Dallas Cowboys

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Denver Broncos - last yr

Miami Dolphins - div

New York Jets - div 

I would think Raiders as the first choice, with Bucs second, unless for some reason, Brady is still on the team.  

a couple observations from my European friends.

The Bills game will likely have to be late October due to the soccer schedules. Specifically for KC and NE - the Bundeleague has a break for the holidays in November.

The Tottenheim stadium is designed like the Bills stadium will be and evidently people are concerned about the turf there.

The tickets for these games have been skyrocketing the last few years.

6 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Oh okay the tweet from Field Yates made it seem we were playing each other but they each host their own home game at the same stadium in London. 

yeah it was looking like it would be the Titans, before they collapsed in the 2nd half of the season!

1 minute ago, boyst said:

it is not as good as french or german turf. they said it is harder to play on.

i'm talking to germans and french and i think they respect the brits.... :D 

I think that is just Spurs being shite. The mighty Arsenal had no issues playing on it last Sunday 💪🏻

11 minutes ago, boyst said:

it is not as good as french or german turf. they said it is harder to play on.

i'm talking to germans and french and i think they respect the brits.... :D 

The Spurs stadium has it's own field for NFL games. It rolls in and out of the stadium over the top of the soccer field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Kind of annoying to lose a home game but whatever.  Give them what could be a possible Lake effect game (Late Nov.-  ish).

I've warmed up a little bit to these Europe games when it's not my team playing.. mainly because it's something to turn on at 9:30am other than pregame shows.  And it's likely a game i wouldn't see more than 2 minutes of had it not been a standalone at 9:30a.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.