We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

Some of the narrative on ESPN Get Up this morning..

"The Buffalo Bills are playing bad football, sloppy ball, no pass rush they are descending".  "The Bengals will get after the QB much better and they are an ascending team"

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, zow2 said:

"The Buffalo Bills are playing bad football, sloppy ball, no pass rush they are descending".  "The Bengals will get after the QB much better and they are an ascending team"

Some of the media this week have been unbearable they pick who they feel was the best QB and give the reasons and they say it’s Joe Burrow but the reasons that they give all sound like Josh Allen

Josh Allen gives you something to Joe Burrow does not. He’ll run a linebacker over to get a first down Joe Burrow won’t do that.

4 hours ago, eball said:

Stop the presses!  Offensive success is primarily due to star quarterback!  Who would’ve thunk it!

Always fun to post a sarcastic reply rather than following the discussion and adding to it. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Josh Allen:

https://youtu.be/SgTIdw8zS0I 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, boyst said:

...? Which super bowl? 

11 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

You're right they won it the year after Buffalo did!! I forgot

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean they were there so they deserve some credit but they didnt win.

10 hours ago, WideNine said:

Go ahead and abandon this account, create a new one, and freely mock your old post.

No one will judge you.

4 hours ago, eball said:

I still find it remarkable that user names MILFHUNTER#1 thru 517 were taken already.

My bad, I meant to say they WENT to a super bowl. You all are right, I was wrong. Should have read before hitting Submit Reply.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

OMG! Don't think I have ever seen Buffalo hotel prices this high before. Just outrageous.

Courtyard Marriott downtown wants $859 for a room Saturday night!!

Hyatt Regency where I always stay is still under $200. It is where the opposing teams usually stay so you will see coaches and trainers in the lobby which is pretty cool enhancement to the experience.

18 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I've watched every game that both teams have played this year. I don't know how you could come to this conclusion by watching both teams play or by looking at the stats. Yes, the Bengals are playing "cleaner" but they also are playing risk-free football. That's how you get 234 total yards in a playoff game, needing a 99 yard fumble return for a TD. They also beat the Bucs with 237 total yards of offense, requiring turnovers on FOUR STRAIGHT POSSESSIONS

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We get Carl Cheffers crew...if I am not mistaken wasn't that the crew that allowed KC to mug our WRs in the AFCCG?

Not the worst thing if we get a crew that allows physical play. 

Tre White and Kaiir Elam are physical corners. 

That being said, we (for some reason) have to hope McD & Frazier play Elam. 

Also, the biggest reason that could help is that disrupting Cincy’s rhythm offense with a decimated OL is far more beneficial than them getting physical with our guys, given we have a healthy OL and QB that thrives off schedule. 

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Its interesting.  The narrative on ESPN/Fox towards the Bills/Bengals is wildly different than NFLN’s.  

Same with the Allen vs Burrow conversation. 

I like ESPN’s NFL Live show with Orlovsky, Kimes etc.. but the rest of their Non-Sunday, Non-MNF punditry is reactionary garbage.  Same with Fox. 

Here’s their view of the game. 

Bills turn the ball over more lately.  Cincy looked better in 9 minutes of football a month ago.  That’s it.  They aren’t saying that’s the reason, but they are so simplistic in their analysis that I can guarantee you that’s the reasoning. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, finn said:

Always fun to post a sarcastic reply rather than following the discussion and adding to it. 

Where do I sign up for your lessons on how to post on a message board?  I want to learn more.  

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Its interesting.  The narrative on ESPN/Fox towards the Bills/Bengals is wildly different than NFLN’s.  

Same with the Allen vs Burrow conversation. 

I like ESPN’s NFL Live show with Orlovsky, Kimes etc.. but the rest of their Non-Sunday, Non-MNF punditry is reactionary garbage.  Same with Fox. 

Here’s their view of the game. 

Bills turn the ball over more lately.  Cincy looked better in 9 minutes of football a month ago.  That’s it.  They aren’t saying that’s the reason, but they are so simplistic in their analysis that I can guarantee you that’s the reasoning. 

Mina Kimes has a very hot anti-Allen take on the LeBatard show the morning after the first round in 2018. That colors all of her analysis. Keyshawn and Greenie are forever Jets so that colors their analysis. Rex is still salty about being fired here, so that colors his analysis. It's really not hard to figure these things out. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

The Light shines on those who come through adversity! “Win the Whole Damn Thing!”

outstanding hype video for this game. Best I've seen

GO BILLS!~!~!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I've watched every game that both teams have played this year. I don't know how you could come to this conclusion by watching both teams play or by looking at the stats. Yes, the Bengals are playing "cleaner" but they also are playing risk-free football. That's how you get 234 total yards in a playoff game, needing a 99 yard fumble return for a TD. They also beat the Bucs with 237 total yards of offense, requiring turnovers on FOUR STRAIGHT POSSESSIONS

I saw a lot of the Tampa game.  The Bengals looked terrible against what proved to be a below avg Bucs team, except for those turnovers.  That flipped the whole game. 

Cinci has been feasting off other teams turnovers for 5 straight playoff games.  Credit to them they have a positive turnover ratio in all 5 games.  I think that's been more about their playoff success than even Burrow.  We'll see if the Bills can put a stop to that.

• Like (+1) 2

What we are watching on a weekly basis with Allen is simply not normal.  Don't ever take it for granted. Some day you will be telling your Grandkids about this HOF QB we once had in Buffalo that made anything possible.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

7 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

It’s a lock now.  538 said we are going to win.  Bet the house 

No, they didn't.  They said there is a better than a 1 in 3 chance we will lose.  There's a good chance we will win, but enough of a chance that we lose that you wouldn't want to bet your life on it.

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

What we are watching on a weekly basis with Allen is simply not normal.  Don't ever take it for granted. Some day you will be telling your Grandkids about this HOF QB we once had in Buffalo that made anything possible.

Gabe Davis has value.  Just not as a #2.  He's a good mismatch against a #3 corner.

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

It's amazing how 9 minutes of a  football game that ultimately did not count is outweighing the past 2 months of football.  The Bengals oline is beat up.  They'll be starting 3 backup OL guys, a rookie LG, and an average Center.  It's going to be loud as hell and the Bills will likely crowd the line of scrimmage at times to create confusion and miscommunication with the Bengals oline.  If the Bills execute and play their game - they win.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yep. He's going to destroy the career record for TD passes of 10+ yards I would think. Mahomes will destroy the record for TD passes inside of 5 yards.

2 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

It's amazing how 9 minutes of a  football game that ultimately did not count is outweighing the past 2 months of football.  The Bengals oline is beat up.  They'll be starting 3 backup OL guys, a rookie LG, and an average Center.  It's going to be loud as hell and the Bills will likely crowd the line of scrimmage at times to create confusion and miscommunication with the Bengals oline.  If the Bills execute and play their game - they win.

That and the Bills always start slow.  Their 1st quarter production is left in the dust by the 2nd-4th.  They were leading in the quarter we're worst at.

14 minutes ago, balln said:

Cincy is 27-1 in last two years +5.5. They keep it close 

I can get on board cincy +5.5

but I’d take buf straight up 

I bet Cincy at 4.5 early in the week thinking for sure the line would come down to around 2.5 or even 2. Next morning it was down to 4 so I was feeling good. Then it went back to 4.5, then 5 and now 5.5...

9 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

it happens all the time 

sharp bettors bet lines not teams. They also love to push the line one way early in the week and then hammer the opposite side right before the game when it’s more favorable. It’s called a “head fake” 

The volume is getting high and there were a few absolutely gigantic bets on the bills so i think you can completely rule this out for the bills bengals game.  

pretty tough to counter the ‘sharps think the bills are going to win’ argument in this one 

10 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Yea for real…the  argument makes no sense…if the bills knew the game was going to ‘end’ in a few minutes they would’ve gone for that 4th and short and the game likely would’ve been tied.

we were also getting the second half kickoff so we had a double dip chance

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

6 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

We ask if the Bills DL can finally make a jump every week.. and they’re always meh. 

I guess we’ll ask again.  I’m rapidly losing patience with everyone on this DL not named Rousseau or Daquan.  It’s time they step up.  

I do 100% agree with you about crowding the line.  Delayed blitzes aren’t likely to be effective when he gets rid of it quicker than almost anyone.  If we send Milano and/or Edmunds, I would hope it comes off looks that have them at the LOS with the ability to rush or drop .. along with incorporating rushes where they rush but a DL drops. 

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Gabe Davis has value.  Just not as a #2.  He's a good mismatch against a #3 corner.

Cam Taylor-Britt or Eli Apple. 

Gabe has to win that matchup. 

The Bills are going to move Diggs all over the formation. 

Diggs has to be present for 4-quarters. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2