Isaiah Hodgins Bills made big mistake

Chicagobills

I’m guessing McDermott doesn’t trust younger players at WR and prefers veterans. Hodgins doesn’t get a chance, Shakir doesn’t get targets, Davis was overshadowed by Emmanuel Sanders last year, they traded for Diggs, now they have Beasley and John Brown back in the lineup. 

46 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

How many ST “aces” do you need?   You can probably count one one hand the number of game changing plays by their other ST “aces”, Jones and Matelkevich. 

That's the funny thing about special teams aces.  You don't miss them until you haven't got them.  One of the least understood parts of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

No he hasn't, that's a joke. Guy has fallen flat on his face every playoff. This is the man that benched his starting QB for Nate Peterman.

It's been SIX YEARS and I cannot believe we are still on this point. Tyrod threw for 54 yards against New Orleans and it made complete sense to see what we had in the rookie. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Fans knew Hodgins could play though. I don’t recall what the fan sentiment was on Teller when he was here. Was he a guy that just turned a corner once he left? 

Yes.  He’d played better at guard than Vlad Ducasse but the whole OL stunk in 2018

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Good for him but he would have gotten limited opportunities here.

Always could end up like Foster here tho too next year. 

Hodgins plays inside. We’ve struggled with inside receivers. 

Shakir can play inside and out. I’m constantly surprised he isn’t given more looks.

For all the good stuff this staff does, they don’t do great with in game/season development. 

Edited by Mango

4 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

And again... a dumb decision. 

It's easy to say in hindsight but not sure he gets same snaps here and we don't see how good he is with the Giants.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Hodgins plays inside. We’ve struggled with inside receivers. 

Shakir can play inside and out. I’m constantly surprised he isn’t given more looks 

Maybe Shakir isn't great in practice or we just want to develop him more. 

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

It's easy to say in hindsight but not sure he gets same snaps here and we don't see how good he is with the Giants.

Maybe Shakir isn't great in practice or we just want to develop him more. 

Clearly the staff thinks he (and Hodgins) are not better than McKenzie. The conversation is are they wrong/did they make a mistake?

As i said in another thread, the Bills put all this time and patience into Hodgins and then expose him like that.  It’s shameful really that the guy is on their roster yet they couldn’t evaluate his talents and now he’s a stud in NY. Same season.  This one is a bad one for Beane and McD.

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I suppose we cant just be happy for his success?

Seriously. The drought has messed up this fanbase. They can't deal with normal, everyday things in the NFL like players leaving and having success elsewhere, or the Bills winning close games. Or heck, even losing a game every once in awhile.

All of these things are the end of the world and means we need to fire everyone and start over. It's like we are dealing with toddlers.

4 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Because Dabol is the brains of the Bills offense, and he's gone took Hodgins as soon as he was available. 

Should have left McD in KC after his latest postseason meltdown,  13 seconds, and elevated Dabol. 

You have this strange, childish vendetta against McDermott. It is an obsession and says a lot more about you than it does about McDermott. Your tirades really make you look bad.

You should probably cool it. Just friendly advice.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Then why was the offense statistically better with far fewer "bad" games this year than last year under Daboll?

And against a tougher schedule this year.

6 hours ago, pigpen65 said:

Crazy thing to me about Hodgins is that the guy couldn't stay healthy for more than 5 minutes his entire time with the Bills. Who knew he could even stay in a game long enough to have a good game.

It is ironic. Hodgins couldn't stay healthy when he was here and then after he leaves, Kumerow gets injured. And in fairness, the Bills were starting to incorporate Kumerow into the offense a bit before he got injured.

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

How many ST “aces” do you need?   You can probably count one one hand the number of game changing plays by their other ST “aces”, Jones and Matelkevich. 

I don't know. All I know is that I'm glad we had 2 kickoff returns for TDs last week and that we have excellent special teams. It's great that we're playing the Bengals in Orchard Park instead of Cincinnati... due to special teams.

4 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

That's the funny thing about special teams aces.  You don't miss them until you haven't got them.  One of the least understood parts of the game. 

Agreed. Having bad special teams is a constant, recurring plague.

4 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

And if you decide to kick deep for touchbacks you still don't miss them even if you haven't got them.

Not every special teams play involves kicking off to your opponent.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.