Isaiah Hodgins Bills made big mistake

Chicagobills

20 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Ahem. It was a big mistake at the time, Kumerow is yet another teams guy that can't hack at his day job, like Formosa Jones or Siran Wrap. Too many of those guys, not enough regular contributors.

Anyway, doesn't matter, Dorkey was never gonna use Hodgins in the big slot role we were calling for at the time and which he is now killing it.

Huh…

Given your clear skill at this selecting clever nicknames, I’m curious if your favorite color is orange. 

• Dislike 1

Well...both of Hodgins big games came against Minnesota. 8 for 105 and a TD today and 8 for 89 and a TD in the regular season. 

In all other games he never had more than 44 yards receiving. So it appears something specifically against the Vikings allows him to be much more effective than normal.

Since they don't play the Vikings every week, that doesn't bode well for him normally.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Srw1525 said:

Kumerow was a special team ace which is why the Bills choose him over Hodgins. Hodgins couldn’t play special teams. 

How many ST “aces” do you need?   You can probably count one one hand the number of game changing plays by their other ST “aces”, Jones and Matelkevich. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The powers that be couldn’t see beyond special teams, and ending up losing a young WR  with size and a lot of potential. 

the issue was he was behind  receivers on the depth chart.  He was plucked from the PS by a former asst GM and OC.

Buffalo has a few draft picks either off if waiver or taking from the PS.

this will happen again.

27 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Because Dabol is the brains of the Bills offense, and he's gone took Hodgins as soon as he was available. 

Should have left McD in KC after his latest postseason meltdown,  13 seconds, and elevated Dabol. 

Spot. On.

• Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Because Dabol is the brains of the Bills offense, and he's gone took Hodgins as soon as he was available. 

Should have left McD in KC after his latest postseason meltdown,  13 seconds, and elevated Dabol. 

I disagree, McD has earned the right to coach this team.

But i’d be lying if I said I didn’t wonder what Daboll would have done with this team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, RenoNVBillsfan said:

I’ve been a Hodgins fan for 2 years. All he does is catch the ball consistently and more often for 1st downs. He was better than Kumerow, McKenzie, Beasley, Brown and dare I say Gabe Davis until this Dolphin game. Others should’ve been cut before this talent. 

All he did for Buffalo was get injured.  Good for him now, but, in Buffalo productivity relies on availability and he was never available

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Why did  the sign him earlier in the season when hodgins was on the bills ps?  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Well...both of Hodgins big games came against Minnesota. 8 for 105 and a TD today and 8 for 89 and a TD in the regular season. 

In all other games he never had more than 44 yards receiving. So it appears something specifically against the Vikings allows him to be much more effective than normal.

Since they don't play the Vikings every week, that doesn't bode well for him normally.

Could it be the Vikings lack of defense?

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I disagree, McD has earned the right to coach this team.

But i’d be lying if I said I didn’t wonder what Daboll would have done with this team.

No he hasn't, that's a joke. Guy has fallen flat on his face every playoff. This is the man that benched his starting QB for Nate Peterman.

Great culture builder, but game day and scheme are two very different things than workplace culture. 

Some coordinators fail as coaches because they can't get the house in order culture wise. Unfortunately, we got the culture builder that is not a Chamionship caliber coach when it comes to Xs and Os and gameday.

Hamlin situation was bad but it does not give the coach a get out of jail free card for his repetitive shortcomings and failures in postseason. Sorry but its the truth. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 3

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

No he hasn't, that's a joke. Guy has fallen flat on his face every playoff. This is the man that benched his starting QB for Nate Peterman.

Great culture builder, but game day and scheme are two very different things than workplace culture. 

Some coordinators fail as coaches because they can't get the house in order culture wise. Unfortunately, we got the culture builder that is not a Chamionship caliber coach when it comes to Xs and Os and gameday.

So what do you want to happen?

Rightly or wrongly, dude will be HC for at least the next 3 seasons .

43 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Daboll could have had him on our active roster here last year and the years before and didn’t.  It’s a numbers game.  Good for the young man to take advantage of an opportunity he couldn’t get here.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.