Stop looking for style points

Ya Digg?

It’s the playoffs, all of the teams are good. Some on here are so concerned about how the in looks they don’t care that there was a win. Even thinking back to the Pittsburgh game, there were some in here complaining about what happened during the game.

let’s be clear, criticism is fine, but the whole “they won’t win next week” for a team that is 14-3 makes you look ridiculous. The defense played really well, the offense scored 34 even with 3 turnovers…there are positives from this game.

This isn’t college football, you don’t get picked for games based on how much you can win by-it’s the playoffs, win and move on. I don’t care if they are the worst looking 3 loss Super Bowl winning team in history as long as they keep winning. We have become so spoiled that some have “white men can’t jump” syndrome-would rather look good but lose rather than look bad but win

*and now I’m off my soapbox 

• Like (+1) 22
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 10
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 12

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

It’s the playoffs, all of the teams are good. Some on here are so concerned about how the in looks they don’t care that there was a win. Even thinking back to the Pittsburgh game, there were some in here complaining about what happened during the game.

let’s be clear, criticism is fine, but the whole “they won’t win next week” for a team that is 14-3 makes you look ridiculous. The defense played really well, the offense scored 34 even with 3 turnovers…there are positives from this game.

This isn’t college football, you don’t get picked for games based on how much you can win by-it’s the playoffs, win and move on. I don’t care if they are the worst looking 3 loss Super Bowl winning team in history as long as they keep winning. We have become so spoiled that some have “white men can’t jump” syndrome-would rather look good but lose rather than look bad but win

*and now I’m off my soapbox 

Glad we won, but if you think we can win next week playing the way they did today you’re mistaken

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was actually worried about this game McDaniels was playing with house money and really could throw the kitchen sink at the bills as no one would blame him for any out of the ordinary decision he would try. 
I honestly don’t think the Bills took the Fins seriously and at 17-0 they where thinking about next week. The Bills do play down to their opponents from time to time.I don’t think that will be a problem next week  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Glad we won, but if you think we can win next week playing the way they did today you’re mistaken

If you think that we will play like this next week because we played like that this week, your mistaken.  

win and move on.

We can complain about things from this game, but it doesn’t matter as long as we don’t do it again next weeks Nothing else matters except Ws

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Who cares about next week-this weeks game has nothing to do with next week. If you believe it does you’re mistaken 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

If you think that we will play like this next week because we played like that this week, your mistaken.  

win and move on.

We can complain about things from this game, but it doesn’t matter as long as we don’t do it again next weeks Nothing else matters except Ws

If we are to be really honest, I don’t think we’ve played a complete game on D, O, and ST since week 2.  It is a credit we’ve done so well given that, but I don’t think it will be enough against teams we’d be facing from here on.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

It’s the playoffs, all of the teams are good

LOL.  Not true.

You lost me right there.

Any other fan-isms for us?  Maybe today was a trap game?

Did the Bills look past the Fish to next week's opponent?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

LOL.  Not true.

You lost me right there.

Any other fan-isms for us?  Maybe today was a trap game?

Did the Bills look past the Fish to next week's opponent?

The fact that you’re against something I said let’s me know what I’m saying is correct 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

If we are to be really honest, I don’t think we’ve played a complete game on D, O, and ST since week 2.  It is a credit we’ve done so well given that, but I don’t think it will be enough against teams we’d be facing from here on.

That's really my complaint against the "don't worry we won". I'm not going to start a thread saying we are a bad team, but we keep falling into the one man offense style and then a conservative defense that gives away chunk plays at the worst times. That recipe is not going to work against KC or the Bengals. 

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Well neither did Bengals or Chiefs (or have a look and tell me which one it was). Except for a random blowout of a bad team there is no such thing as this mythical "complete" game some of you like to speak about.

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Do you honestly believe we win next week playing how they played today?

Agreed! We are in trouble next week. Everyone here says we need to “clean things up” and we’ll be ok. Guys we are ourselves. They should have been doing that for 10 weeks now. Bengals will blow us out. 

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Do you honestly believe we win next week playing how they played today?

If you mean hold the opposing offense to 250 yards, get 350 yards passing (should’ve been over 400 if Shakir doesn’t drop that bomb) and most importantly score more points than the other team, then YES 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.