Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What would your reaction be?

Bills get:

Pick 34

Hopkins

Cardinals get:

Pick 27

Oliver

I actually proposed this trade months ago.  So I would be all for it given I don’t expect us to pay Oliver after this season.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Lamar is about to sign with the Ravens. Hopkins will be traded to the Ravens as well. 

How do I know? The night speaks to me.

This is what I think will happen as well

• Eyeroll 1

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills get:

Pick 34

Hopkins

Cardinals get:

Pick 27

Oliver

Probably give up too much. But I’d still be fine with it. But that’s more along the lines that I think Oliver is trash. 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

the Ravens suddenly investing $$$$ into WR along with 50 million a year into Lamar would certainly be an organizational philosophy change by them. 

Not sure Lamar really knows how to throw to wide receivers. They'll have to tell him to pretend they are tight ends.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

the Ravens suddenly investing $$$$ into WR along with 50 million a year into Lamar would certainly be an organizational philosophy change by them. 

Roman gone.  Monken in.  I would assume there would be a philosophy change 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills get:

Pick 34

Hopkins

Cardinals get:

Pick 27

Oliver

Would need some salary retention by the Cards to make this okay. Creates a significant hole at 3T (Phillips and Settle are pretty underwhelming for such a vital position in a single-gapping 4-3 front); the Bills would HAVE to fill this role in the first couple rounds or maybe post-draft FA? Even if you think Oliver is a bum he is the primary starter at 3T, and is sometimes kind of good. 

Then again, I'm open to saying EFF THE ROTATIONAL DT DEPTH CHART if it means the Bills passing attack can take yet another important step forward. DHop and Diggs is a pretty legendary duo. 

14 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Would need some salary retention by the Cards to make this okay. Creates a significant hole at 3T (Phillips and Settle are pretty underwhelming for such a vital position in a single-gapping 4-3 front); the Bills would HAVE to fill this role in the first couple rounds or maybe post-draft FA? Even if you think Oliver is a bum he is the primary starter at 3T, and is sometimes kind of good. 

Then again, I'm open to saying EFF THE ROTATIONAL DT DEPTH CHART if it means the Bills passing attack can take yet another important step forward. DHop and Diggs is a pretty legendary duo. 

I haven't the slightest idea why Arizona would want to rent Ed Oliver for a year.   His onerous salary makes him worth no more than a comp pick level pick in trade to a team that is actually trying to win.  Hell Poona Ford will probably sign anywhere for less than half of what Ed is getting.    For the Cardinals he seems kinda' valueless.       

Edited by BADOLBILZ

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I haven't the slightest idea why Arizona would want to rent Ed Oliver for a year.   His onerous salary makes him worth no more than a comp pick level pick in trade to a team that is actually trying to win.  Hell Poona Ford will probably sign anywhere for less than half of what Ed is getting.    For the Cardinals he seems kinda' valueless.       

Agreed that he has more value in Buffalo for 2023 than in Arizona. Which even further weakens this proposed deal. It's just not a super logical fit except if maybe Oliver simply represents cap hit mitigation and 'Zona is kind of eager to get SOMETHING for Hopkins ASAP. Shrug?

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Agreed that he has more value in Buffalo for 2023 than in Arizona. Which even further weakens this proposed deal. It's just not a super logical fit except if maybe Oliver simply represents cap hit mitigation and 'Zona is kind of eager to get SOMETHING for Hopkins ASAP. Shrug?

I feel like Oliver being moved would be more to a team that was high on him during the draft process that thinks he could hit in his contract year.  We recoup a mid-round pick to offset a pick sent out for Hopkins. 

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Couldn't Arizona sign Ed to a long term contract if they acquired him? 

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills get:

Pick 34

Hopkins

Cardinals get:

Pick 27

Oliver

Not really a fan of giving up Ed imo. Offer a third and a fifth this year and a conditional third or fourth next year.  

Trade back if possible in the first this year to reacquire some of the picks.  I’m not as high on the Hopkins as a lot of folks but wouldn’t mind having him if he’s healthy.

46 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Couldn't Arizona sign Ed to a long term contract if they acquired him? 

Yeah but why?   He hasn't elevated his game much in 4 years.   He has a history of nagging injuries.   He's small so he's not like Marcel Dareus where you can just switch him to 1 tech if he gets complacent with a big contract and still get something out of him.   Oliver just doesn't have a lot of value as a rental for a team that's not trying to win a SB now........especially with a $10M cap hit.   

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I feel like Oliver being moved would be more to a team that was high on him during the draft process that thinks he could hit in his contract year.  We recoup a mid-round pick to offset a pick sent out for Hopkins. 

I actually know of such a team. The Buffalo Bills.

It's not crazy to think that Ed steps up in a contract year. Players have done this forever. Ed does seem like the kind of guy that will show out for a big payday. So if you are Brandon Beane...why would you deal him away in a contract year after investing a high pick and 4 years into his development? If he does step up with a great season it would be in our best interest that he does so wearing our laundry and not another teams. If he prices himself out of Buffalo (which may happen with a good year) we still may see that same 3rd or 4th round pick as a comp pick that people here are convinced he could fetch on the open trade market this season. And frankly speaking I would rather get that pick in next years draft class over this years anyway. The only investment is the cap space this year but even with that trading him won't come without the cost of replacing him...which may eat up half of that amount right off the bat. And going cheaper with the draft just means you're losing more draft capitol to fill a hole you created yourself. 

I would say it's much more likely to see an Oliver extension than trade.

Just now, HappyDays said:

This guy may just be a master troll, but for those who follow his words here you go.

If we can find room for his contract, I'm very good with that as trading down requires a partner and we may not find one to do so.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

This guy may just be a master troll, but for those who follow his words here you go.

Seems likely we MAY be in on him, and I’m all about it. But this guy is definitely a troll looking for attention. 

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Seems likely we MAY be in on him, and I’m all about it. But this guy is definitely a troll looking for attention. 

he called the Edwards signing

he also said we’d be signing an LB very soon and Klein was signed the next day.

Sal C follows him now. 

He could just be lucky of course. 

but, he hasn’t been proven wrong yet

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I would love this 

Only thing I would love more than this is going from 27 <-> 34, and 91 <->105 (for them taking on some of his contract). If they need next years 6th as well I’d throw it in for sure.

It makes sense... Bills don't want to give up one of their six picks.  They stay at six picks by a pick swap.  

Arizona, wanting a 2nd, compromises on a trade up equivalent to a 3rd, which nets them another 1st round pick.   

Makes a lot of sense for us and optics-wise.. a lot of sense for Arizona.   Also gives Arizona the 5th year option on a guy they value in a rebuild.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, SCBills said:

It makes sense... Bills don't want to give up one of their six picks.  They stay at six picks by a pick swap.  

Arizona, wanting a 2nd, compromises on a trade up equivalent to a 3rd, which nets them another 1st round pick.   

Makes a lot of sense for us and optics-wise.. a lot of sense for Arizona.   Also gives Arizona the 5th year option on a guy they value in a rebuild.  

I’d be perfectly fine tossing in a 2024 Conditional pick as well