Coaching Vacancies

jwhit34

There are already 3 head coaching vacancies in the NFL. How many other vacancies will there be in this coaching cycle?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Coaching Changes

• 4 or more

4 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Three are already fired (Denver, Indy, Carolina). How many more? I think it will be 4 out of these 6:

Cleveland

Tampa Bay

New Orleans (does Payton go back?)

Arizona

Las Vegas

LA Chargers if they don't make the playoffs

Peyton goes to a team which already has a franchise QB..like the Chargers

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Does anyone want the nightmare that is Russell Wilson? I guess he would have a clause that would force him to be there even after they clear Russell's salary cap in how many years. 

That nightmare or the Arizona nightmare. Kyler on an inflated contract and he likely won’t even play the majority of next season. At least they have a first round pick, something Denver doesn’t have. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Three are already fired (Denver, Indy, Carolina). How many more? I think it will be 4 out of these 6:

Cleveland

Tampa Bay

Arizona

Las Vegas

I think Cleveland gives it a full year to see how well Watson performs under the current regime.

• Agree 2

I see Coach Payton going to Tampa Bay. Easy division right now.

Fournette, Godwin, and Evans gives him a great start. Good defense. Good weather and no state income tax (coaches probably similiar to players on home games, I would guess).

He is likely #1 coach available and can choose where to go. Compared to Denver's QB mess and lack of draft picks,  Indy's owner, and other openings, this seems to be most favorable.

Brad

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I think Arizona is married to KK, not to mention they are just dumb. And I think Vegas gives Joshy another year with him having his choice at QB. I think Carr is out. Not to mention, they are even dumber than AZ. 

Just read a rumor about Carr going to Tampa

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Fournette, Godwin, and Evans gives him a great start. Good defense. Good weather and no state income tax (coaches probably similiar to players on home games, I would guess).

He is likely #1 coach available and can choose where to go. Compared to Denver's QB mess and lack of draft picks,  Indy's owner, and other openings, this seems to be most favorable.

Brad

There’s NO way, the Saints let him go to a division rival.

5 hours ago, jwhit34 said:

Cleveland

Tampa Bay

Arizona

Las Vegas

Out of the ones listed I think Arizona Is the only one that makes a move. 

LV- can't afford it

LA- don't think they are at that level

NO- still in salary cap hell, not going to make a move yet

CLE- he will get one year at least with Watson.

TB- not a chance they fire a first year coach with the issues they had this year.

37 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Brad

I'd think the amount of a coaches salary taxed by the other states be very miniscule compared to players.  Players salaries are divided by the 17 games  each state taxes it's 1/17th.  A coach his job is year round as he's working with the front office getting info for draft and then creating gameplans etc.  So a coaches per game earnings should be much smaller portion.  I'd think it be like a business man flying to another state on a business trip doesn't suddenly have to pay taxes to that state as it's a short stay.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.