Are the Chiefs overhyped?

billybob71

I can’t stand them but there’s no denying they are the class of the AFC. I know the Bengals and the Bills both beat them this season but they have been the most consistent team over the last 5 or so seasons. They have arguably the 1st or 2nd best QB in the league and one of the best regular season coaches ever.

They haven’t looked great recently but they are built to win in the playoffs.

9 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Don't need to, he's the best player in the NFL and might end up the best QB ever. You guys are a bunch of homers

so, if you support not only your team but your teams QB, you're a homer. got it

yet you bow down, prop up and get on your knees for another teams QB, you're what?

a loser.

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Never truly in doubt? Sheesh. If that were the Bills, you'd be so down on them right now lmao.

Also this is how Mahomes finished:

J McKinnon right guard 2 yards.

Mahomes pass short middle 4 yards

Mahomes sacked -12 yards

He is damn lucky Mills coughed up the football but sure, it was all part of their plan 😂

no it wouldn't. it isn't a bills fan so why would it be down on the bills?

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so, if you support not only your team but your teams QB, you're a homer. got it

yet you bow down, prop up and get on your knees for another teams QB, you're what?

a loser.

You can support your favorite team and QB without being blind and ignorant. Mahomes will most likely get his 2nd MVP this year and already has a Super Bowl MVP as well. This entire thread is absolutely ridiculous. I think the Chiefs are underhyped if anything

• Eyeroll 1

Imagine starting a thread about another team that ends up lasting nearly 200 pages and it’s mostly people swearing up and down that they aren’t worried about said team…. Even though they started a thread on their page that’s now lasted 200 pages…. Yikes. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You can support your favorite team and QB without being blind and ignorant. Mahomes will most likely get his 2nd MVP this year and already has a Super Bowl MVP as well. This entire thread is absolutely ridiculous. I think the Chiefs are underhyped if anything

blind and ignorant. you're a winner there kbop

The Chiefs are really good just like the Bills and Bengals. All of these teams have flaws and can be beat. For the Super Bowl it's going to be one of these 3 representing the AFC most likely. In the NFC you have the Eagles, Niners, Cowboys. I won't count Minnesota. Granted they pulled off an epic comeback but to fall behind 33-0 to the Colts at home is a joke. 

I despise the Chiefs but I think they're sleepwalking a little bit. I expect them to flip to a different level in January. That being said, their defense is bad and they're a lot different without Tyreek. Any team with Kelce and Mahomes is dangerous though just like Allen/Diggs. The team I most want to avoid is Cincy

16 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Agreed.

We can say they have been lucky at times. But they were also unlucky in losses to Indy & Cin.

We got lucky against Baltimore, Miami in snow, and Detroit. Those all very well should have been losses.

To your point, if we are going to say the Chiefs aren't what the record says, than the Bills need the same treatment. 

I have absolutely no idea anymore who will come out of the AFC. Every team is flawed. NFC has Eagles. I'd be stunned if they lose before the Super Bowl.

We won all 3 of those games on the last play of the game after driving the length of the field.  How was that luck?  The throw from Josh to Diggs in Detroit was a tremendous throw.  No luck there.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Imagine starting a thread about another team that ends up lasting nearly 100 pages and it’s mostly people swearing up and down that they aren’t worried about said team…. Even though they started a thread on their page that’s now lasted nearly 100 pages…. Yikes. 

183 actually😁 honestly i think both fan bases realize its probably gonna be another epic Allen and Mahomes showdown, unless those pesky Bengals ruin it

KC is tied for the AFC lead.  They have Reid for a coach and Mahomes for a QB.  

I don't think they're overhyped.   

Vegas still has us - with the same W-L record as KC - as the Super Bowl favorites.  538 has us as as the AFC favorite to reach the SB.  Cinci made the SB last year and are strong again this year yet aren't getting much love.   

Maybe we're overhyped?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

On one hand you can look at the Chiefs barely beating the likes of the Texans and Broncos in recent weeks and assume they are frauds or a one and done team come playoff time.

But as I've pointed out before historically they have always seemed to play up and down to their level of competition and turn the proverbial switch on so to speak in the playoffs and I get the sense that's whats going to happen again. Pats did this a lot of years too with Brady and still finished seasons on 8 game type win streaks en route to championships and still feel this season ends with KC and Mahomes raising the Lombardi trophy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.