Practice squad elevations for Dolphins game? - UPDATE - Beasley Elevated!

johnnychemo

Not to derail the thread, but I just read a great write up by Chad Reuter on NFL.com. He takes the top 20 senior bowl prospects and compares them to NFL players with a short bio. Plenty of interesting Oline prospects as well as other positions.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Beasley and Brown are getting called up.

Bank on it.

Either or.  Not both.  Bills have been rolling with 5 WR of recent, and I don't see that changing tonight.  Question is whether they go for 3 TE or 5 RB, or whether they actually allow the offense to have the extra player - they normally roll with 22 on Offense, 23 on Defense + 3 ST

1 hour ago, johnnychemo said:

I don't doubt it.

This will be Brown's third callup, right? So he's gotta be signed to the active roster IIRC.

He gets 3 callups.  Could be called up tonight, or 1 different remaining game.

Edited by Beck Water

8 minutes ago, StHustle said:

If we call up Cole for this one…which of the last 3 games does he sit out? If he only plays in 3 instead of all 4 of the last games, he can stay on the PS all playoffs…

Good question.  Too soon to tell, as weather and the game plan will play a factor.   Other things being equal, I'm thinking maybe Bears, as they're giving up 7.1 NY/A passing (which is 31 in the league).

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Good question.  Too soon to tell, as weather and the game plan will play a factor.   Other things being equal, I'm thinking maybe Bears, as they're giving up 7.1 NY/A passing (which is 31 in the league).

yeah… we shouldn’t need Smoke OR Beas for that game.

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Exactly what I was thinking! Let him get his feet wet (or frozen 🥶) today then give him a game off next week when we don’t need him as much and let him come back against the bengals off two weeks rest and two weeks of top slot reps in practice. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Exactly what I was thinking! Let him get his feet wet (or frozen 🥶) today then give him a game off next week when we don’t need him as much and let him come back against the bengals off two weeks rest and two weeks of top slot reps in practice. 

I'll put it out there.  I could be wrong - the Bills coaches and Allen could be as pissed off at and down on McKenzie as everyone here - but I'd be very surprised if you see Beasley taking "top slot reps".  Again, I think he takes on the role Crowder had, which was 20-33% of the reps.  I think we see McKenzie's reps fall from 60-ish (50-70) back to the high-40s/50-ish he had while Crowder was healthy.  We see about 10% less of Diggs and less of Shakir in the slot, and more of Diggs and Shakir outside where Diggs is deadly.  

The exact percentage will shift around depending upon the weather, who we're playing, and what coverage they're playing.

But that's just what I think.

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Elevations are allowed until 4 PM today

It should be. Josh can throw. Do it.

If Brown is elevated today, it will be because they're trying to keep Beasley with his limited playing time from pulling a groin or a hammy by doing too much too soon, and have him available for other games, not because they're planning to take deep shots.

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Beasley and Brown are getting called up.

Bank on it.

Doubt it will be Brown as that would be his last call up.  With only 4 games to go and Beasley getting three callups AND unlimited callups for playoffs.  I'd think they save Browns last callup for a game they really need him for, say Diggs or Davis were to get hurt and is out a week.  If there were 8 weeks left in season, then their choice may differ.

And they don't have to sign him to 53 after 3rd callup either, just can't call him up again without signing him.

3 hours ago, johnnychemo said:

I don't doubt it.

This will be Brown's third callup, right? So he's gotta be signed to the active roster IIRC.

Yes about the call ups. But I’ve been told that the PS rules reset for the playoffs. So the Bills could do nothing and put him back on the PS in a few weeks. I expect Beasley to sit one of the next 4 for the same reasons. I’m guessing Chicago. 

• johnnychemo changed the title to Practice squad elevations for Dolphins game? - UPDATE - Beasley Elevated!
Just now, johnnychemo said:

Done!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Bills have elevated WR Cole Beasley for tonight’s game.</p>&mdash; Buffalo Bills PR (@BuffaloBillsPR) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/1604224930157035521?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WHOA!~!~!!!!!! Great Thanks!!

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

If we call up Cole for this one…which of the last 3 games does he sit out? If he only plays in 3 instead of all 4 of the last games, he can stay on the PS all playoffs…

Last game against NE I'd expect... If he's having an impact I doubt the Bills would care about that though. 

Nephew from Florida attending his 1st game ever in Orchard Park. This pic taken just moments ago. Lots are Good to go!

Crap! ‘File too large”

Ww use the cheap stuff around here.. Anyway, their plowed straight to the pavement. Get there soon. 

After the game? Sorry. You’re on your own..

Good luck!😉👍

Edited by Chandler#81

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Nephew from Florida attending his 1st game ever in Orchard Park. This pic taken just moments ago. Lots are Good to go!

Crap! ‘File too large”

Ww use the cheap stuff around here.. Anyway, their plowed straight to the pavement. Get there soon. 

After the game? Sorry. You’re on your own..

Good luck!😉👍

My nephew is here too from Maryland. Uncle chose to watch the game from suite in my house. Got my own personal restroom and all the food/drink I need without the price tag. I just hope he has his Muck boots😎

Edited by Solomon Grundy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.