So did you make the playoffs in your fantasy league?

Logic

Made the playoffs in one of my two leagues.

But I reached the realization that I am a terrible fantasy football player. I have been playing for almost 25 years, and have exactly one championship (2002). Lost in the finals probably 5 times. Usually make the playoffs and am eliminated early. 

I should just quit. 

3 Leagues. 1 Clinched playoff spot with #2 seed, the other 2 can go from #2-#5 depending on outcomes. Both of those leagues win and I'm in so I could be 3 for 3. 

I drafted 8, 7 and 10th in those leagues so I didn't get the studs. Josh has carried me well until the last few weeks. The waiver wire was my salvation this year. 

So Minny tries the USC “the band is on the field “ play as the last play of the game. TJ Hockenson is the last Viking to handle the ball. His toss is ends up in the opposition’s hands and he is credited with a fumble. I lost by 1 point to miss the playoffs. 

• Sad 1

Ended up in 1st in both of my leagues. One league I had 3rd lowest point total of the season. Lots of luck in that league.

Both 4th round picks were awful. One league was Kyle Pitts. and the other was Robinson of LAR. I thought Pitts was a steal. 

44 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Made the playoffs in one of my two leagues.

But I reached the realization that I am a terrible fantasy football player. I have been playing for almost 25 years, and have exactly one championship (2002). Lost in the finals probably 5 times. Usually make the playoffs and am eliminated early. 

I should just quit. 

Been playing 20 years and similar results, maybe a little more success.  Almost always projected to win, almost always in the playoffs, but few championships.  I feel that I tend to draft more for consistency than crazy high upside, and that is the reason why.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Been playing 20 years and similar results, maybe a little more success.  Almost always projected to win, almost always in the playoffs, but few championships.  I feel that I tend to draft more for consistency than crazy high upside, and that is the reason why.

exactly the same for me. I have steady teams. But I think you need the guy that can go off for like 50 points in a playoff game to have the titles. I never can seem to get that guy. I think the one year I won the championship, Tory Holt scored like 4 TDs for me in the title game— have never had anything like that happen to me since. 

• Like (+1) 1

Injuries killed us

7-7 and missed the playoffs by a game. First three WR's drafted, Chase, Williams, and Jeudy. Chase and Williams were hurt most of the season and Jeudy no-showed until last week. Too much draft capital on those three and a minimal return.

Lost a lot of close games while trying to cobble together the weekly roster. Actually did well to get to .500 considering. Rhomdre Stevenson wound up my MVP. He's been consistent all season.  Oh well.  Next year. 

Yes, I needed to make sure one thing didn't happen and that was for Hopkins (my team) to fumble the ball and NE Def (other team) to recover and score a TD. OH WAIT THAT DID HAPPEN AND NOW I LOST AND AM 7TH PLACE AND MISSED THE PLAYOFFS! I was winning by 8 pts when that happened too... unreal

Edited by cDAVIS

20 minutes ago, cDAVIS said:

Yes, I needed to make sure one thing didn't happen and that was for Hopkins (my team) to fumble the ball and NE Def (other team) to recover and score a TD. OH WAIT THAT DID HAPPEN AND NOW I LOST AND AM 7TH PLACE AND MISSED THE PLAYOFFS! I was winning by 8 pts when that happened too... unreal

That hurts. My condolences. 

Playoffs are all luck.

Guys in my league would never agree to it, but if was up to me, it would be a 17 week regular season, no playoffs, 1st place(best record) is the champ.  Even better, just use total points, no head to head, team with most points at seasons end is the champ.  

Edited by LabattBlue

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.