Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, mannc said:

game moved to Detroit (Lions are on the road this w/e

bull####. Has to be measured in feet prior to any move.  My number is 18”. OF SNOW prior to any league anything. We are waaaaaay lower. Scheme up McClappy !!

Edited by Since1981

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Usually Lake Erie freezes by early January which is why Rochester typically ends up catching up and passing us in snowfall by the end of the season(except last year) since Lake Ontario rarely freezes...and also why the Tug Hill Plateau area gets buried all winter...

Must suck to live there and deal with not only a metric crap ton of snow but also temps that fairly often get to -20 to -30+ below zero without the wind chill...

I used to drive around Lake Ontario to and from college at St Lawrence U… Watertown, and those towns… just crazy, stupid snow.

4 hours ago, Amaru523 said:

What are the odds that, after the beatdown his team receives, he blames it on the weather?

First Things First - let's focus on delivering said Beatdown first before hypothesizing the reaction.

Chris Simms/Mike Florio - Florio is "buffaloed" by the fan chatter about depriving the Dolphins of sideline heaters.  Simms carefully packed up a large crate of Bulletin Board Material, labeled it "Tungavailoa, Tua, for the Use Of" and shipped it FedEx Overnight to Miami.

TL;DW basically said that when Tua has had to play in bad weather, he's not just been off, he's been awful.

Kurt Warner echoes the concerns about Tua needing to prove he can play in bad weather but in a more measured, positive way.

He also echoes the concerns Greg Cosell, Dan Orlovsky and others have raised about our WR corps: how good is it, after Diggs?  Can the #2 and #3 guys make the tough catches, because last week, they couldn't.  Says in the red zone, Josh is going off script and pressing trying to create and that's causing problems.

6 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

They favor this Florida team, yes.

This Bills team is soft and the OC doesn't want to run the football. We caught a real break when they let us move the Cleveland game to Detroit or that woulda been a loss. 

He's on a roll.

514laI6nP1L._SL350_.jpg.426fc115d7ca1387e1b792e27b25f706.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HugeHeffner11 said:

Royal - Jackson is the worst corner I have ever seen. What's your opinion of him.

Then you haven't seen many CB's if you think he's the worst you ever seen. He's having a down season sure, but he looked good last season and had a good year drawing a bit of attention.

In any event, it's clear he's struggled some this year, but don't see how you could honestly say the worst you have ever seen 

Edited by Patrick Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I think it will be a close game and I think Tua will be better than people are assuming. But I think the Bills will win.

I’m with you.  Snow is a great equalizer.  I was hoping for a clean field.  

59 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

I used to drive around Lake Ontario to and from college at St Lawrence U… Watertown, and those towns… just crazy, stupid snow.

Watertown averages slightly less than Buffalo in terms of snow but places like Booneville and Highmarket get crushed with like 200+ inches

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

The only thing that will do is delay their arrival time to whatever hotel they are staying in.

This isn't "shutdown the airport" snow.

No, but if you’ve ever landed there, especially from the northwest (which will make their plane have to do a 180 at low altitude given where they’re coming from), you know it’s not the most comfortable trip down.  Hope they enjoy that. 

2 hours ago, HugeHeffner11 said:

Good observation about White. You know your football, you are right on. Tre has lost quite a bit of speed.

When they kept putting off Tre's return I knew something was drastically wrong.  Tre should have been ready to play 4 to 5 weeks ago.  Tre's injury might turn out to be a career ender!  Some knee injuries don't heal all the way and the player loses SPEED!  Of what I have seen so far White has lost a lot of his speed.  He looks a lot slower than before.  Corner is one position you can't afford to lose speed. Unless he has miracle, and the rest of his speed comes back this could be the beginning of the end for White. That's unfortunate because he was great player before the injury. I swear Buffalo is jinxed.

Or…. He needs time and practice to get into game shape and speed. Geez the doomsdayers are something else. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HugeHeffner11 said:

Good observation about White. You know your football, you are right on. Tre has lost quite a bit of speed.

When they kept putting off Tre's return I knew something was drastically wrong.  Tre should have been ready to play 4 to 5 weeks ago.  Tre's injury might turn out to be a career ender!  Some knee injuries don't heal all the way and the player loses SPEED!  Of what I have seen so far White has lost a lot of his speed.  He looks a lot slower than before.  Corner is one position you can't afford to lose speed. Unless he has miracle, and the rest of his speed comes back this could be the beginning of the end for White. That's unfortunate because he was great player before the injury. I swear Buffalo is jinxed.

You serious Clark? 🙄

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Do you know what the NFL wants - a big TV audience for the game Saturday night.  IMO a snow storm will only add to the number of eye balls watching the game. This weather forecast propels an already big game into the stratosphere by injecting a uniquely interesting twist.  It makes it must see TV for football and sports fans.  The NFL loves that.

this makes way more sense that the dome/snow doomsdayers who are idiotically asking if the Saturday game will be moved

I just hope the game represents football. If the elements impact the game, but the game still looks like nfl football, the bills have the advantage. If it's like the colts game, the game is no longer football, it is a dice roll. Don't want that. 

I don't mind a bit of wind and some snow, I don't want 6 inches on the field 

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, mannc said:

You can bet the Dolphins are on the horn to the league, trying to get the game moved to Detroit (Lions are on the road this w/e).  I wonder if moving the game to Sunday is in play, or if that would even help...

the same team that puts their opponents in the direct Sun as an advantage should have zero say in moving any game to comfort their a$$3$. I hate the team But I just can't see them doing that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

For the education and professional experience level it takes to work for the NWS, the employees get paid peanuts.  Maybe when I’m 60 and already sitting on another pension I’ll consider working for the NWS.  Otherwise they can keep their $80K per year GS-12 job that requires a Graduate or Doctorate level degree plus 4-6 years operational experience.  🤮 

Yeah Meteorology isn't exactly a career you are going to get rich in.

3 hours ago, HugeHeffner11 said:

This might be the craziest thing I have read on this board in a long time. My God man...get down from the ledge. It usually takes about a year from the time they start playing again for players to feel/look back to normal...if we are having this discussion next year at this time then it's something to potentially wonder about. As of right now this is a non issue.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I've said it before, there's just something different about the wind chill in WNY that make it feel like it cutting through your skin right to your bones.

Could be something environmental or just in my head but have always felt it was colder here.

It's gotta be something with the wind coming off the water. It felt the same when I lived in Korea and the cold wind coming off the western sea. Just a cold, dense wind.

7 hours ago, IBTG81 said:

So, I’m driving in from NJ Sat morning and staying overnight. 
Normally, it’s takes about 7 hours (have to stop for gas). 
Driving into the area from the south, should I plan on hitting awful weather? I was going to leave around 9, get into the area around 4. 

Do what I do whenever I get near Buffalo.  Just keep going past it and forget about it.  You're not going to miss anything exciting. 

• Angry 2

37 minutes ago, HugeHeffner11 said:

Do what I do whenever I get near Buffalo.  Just keep going past it and forget about it.  You're not going to miss anything exciting. 

Just curious. Ive never heard a Bills fan hating on Buffalo. Are you a fan of another team chatting in here?  Just asking. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah Meteorology isn't exactly a career you are going to get rich in.

This might be the craziest thing I have read on this board in a long time. My God man...get down from the ledge. It usually takes about a year from the time they start playing again for players to feel/look back to normal...if we are having this discussion next year at this time then it's something to potentially wonder about. As of right now this is a non issue.

No Tre sux.

Lol. Some ‘fans’ right?

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Just curious. Ive never heard a Bills fan hating on Buffalo. Are you a fan of another team chatting in here?  Just asking. 

Sure he is. A loser fish fan 

The Chargers got very physical against Miami's WRs and took them out of the game.  I think this is the time for Elam to step forward. He's more physical and FASTER than the other Bills CBs.  Although if Tyreek gets a head start no one catches him.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

You gotta love that the City of Buffalo is projected to get 0.1” while The stadium is right in the target zone of 14.5”.  Miami has to be shaking their heads. It’ll look good on TV for the nation. Everyone likes a good snow game.

That isn't accurate. Buffalo is expected to get 10-18".

In fact at game time, Buffalo may have more than OP since the snow is supposed to start over Metro Buffalo Friday night before dropping south a few hours prior to kickoff.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Forecasting the exact placement of a LE snow band days in advance is why the general public loses confidence in meteorologists ability to accurately forecast.  Stating that there’s a good probability for a LE event based on 925mb-850mb wind flow and the size of the fetch across Lake Eerie is one thing.  Attempting to claim that any numerical model or you as a forecaster massaging that model have any clue as to where that LE band will sit / meander for a given period of time and to the point they’re willing to assign accumulation ranges for point locations is beyond insane.  I would equally place as much confidence into the Farmers Almanac this far out.  There’s a reason why LE snowfall band placement and snowfall accumulation is one of the hardest phenomenon to predict, a subtle 1 degree change in wind direction can determine if you get 3 feet or 1 inch of snow.  I’m not trying to shoot the messenger, but this appears as a desperate attempt by the BUF NWS office to maintain relevancy.  

As a retired professional meteorologist, I have to agree with every word in this post, except the last part about the NWS office.  The NWS has to put out a forecast and give it their best shot.  What are they supposed to do, just shrug and say, we don't have any idea?  Probably the best thing would be to say that there will be localized heavy snow, with a decent chance that Rich Stadium (honestly I can't remember its current name) will be hit.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.