11/13/22 GAMEDAY Vikings at Bills Pregame Thread Week 10

Chandler#81

Excellent discussion on WGR right now. Talking about our Frazier/McDermott Defense being among the very best since Sean arrived. This, in an era where NO Defense has been effective for very long in todays game -centered around Offensive production. Plus, we’ve been sustaining excellence without TreDavious White for a tear YEAR now and only just acquired a legitimate image pass rusher this season. We fans are guilty of expecting too much from them and routinely gripe about Edmunds and overall play. One glance at the previous 5 years Defensive rankings says there’s no better sustained Defense over this past half decade, despite losing Hyde, Hughes, Lo Alexander, Kyle and Harrison Phillips -whom we’ll see today. Add in routine absences from Poyer & Milano and it’s really quite impressive.

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Excellent discussion on WGR right now. Talking about our Frazier/McDermott Defense being among the very best since Sean arrived. This, in an era where NO Defense has been effective for very long in todays game -centered around Offensive production. Plus, we’ve been sustaining excellence without TreDavious White for a tear now and only just acquired a legitimate image pass rusher this season. We fans are guilty of expecting too much from them and routinely gripe about Edmunds and overall play. One glance at the previous 5 years Defensive rankings says there’s no better sustained Defense over this past half decade, despite losing Hyde, Hughes, Lo Alexander, Kyle and Harrison Phillips -whom we’ll see today. Add in routine absences from Poyer & Milano and it’s really quite impressive.

Definitely impressive all things considered. And while we, the fans, get our expectations too high, the media has driven so much of it this season. It has basically been “Super Bowl WIN or bust” from every talking head out there.  

I like it much better when we’re the underdogs and the team plays with that chip on their shoulder. 

Need to get our guys healthy again…

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Excellent discussion on WGR right now. Talking about our Frazier/McDermott Defense being among the very best since Sean arrived. This, in an era where NO Defense has been effective for very long in todays game -centered around Offensive production. Plus, we’ve been sustaining excellence without TreDavious White for a tear now and only just acquired a legitimate image pass rusher this season. We fans are guilty of expecting too much from them and routinely gripe about Edmunds and overall play. One glance at the previous 5 years Defensive rankings says there’s no better sustained Defense over this past half decade, despite losing Hyde, Hughes, Lo Alexander, Kyle and Harrison Phillips -whom we’ll see today. Add in routine absences from Poyer & Milano and it’s really quite impressive.

I see what you did there!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Vegas has more confidence in the Bills than alot of there fans lol.  Buffalo blows out the Vikings.  Cousins is going to have a Cousins game.  A pick or 2 and a strip sack and they get rolled. 

Hope you’re right… but need to see our b-squad on D really step up today. We’re still hobbled out there.  

Trying to figure out the Duke Johnson thing and thinking out loud about what last week looked like. We seem to miss Beasley a ton and the way we use Shakir makes me think the coaches don’t love him…Any shot this team goes big swing and plays either Cook or Hines almost full time slot today/going forward? The way they spoke all off-season about cook, it’s almost like they don’t even really treat him as a RB (in the full sense of the word) His usage has been puzzling. Maybe they say screw it. We want Cook on the field but not to handoff, and we need an underneath WR…kill two birds with 1 stone and bring Duke in as the change of pace RB? I guess it could be Hines related as well

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think that’s realistic. 
Allen is either healthy enough to go or he’s not. I could see them possibly pulling him if he don’t look right though. 

Concur it's not realistic to think Allen goes into the game as the backup.

The Backup QB is always 1 QB hit away from playing the rest of the game.  If Allen isn't healthy enough to play the game, he's not healthy enough to be the backup.  If he is healthy enough to be the backup, he's healthy enough to start.

I personally was surprised the Bills didn't elevate Barkley anyway.  Xavier Rhodes is not subject to waivers, so they could have signed him and used one of their two "free elevations" on Barkley (who amazingly enough for having  been in the league since 2013, is still subject to waivers as far as I can tell).  All I can conclude is that the Bills are very confident that Josh can play a full game in an effective fashion.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Woah, if you haven’t seen it. Find the video of Allen showing up to Highmark today. He gives the thumbs up…right handed…did you see that flextion and motion in the elbow there? Unbelievable 

Ask, and ye shall receive

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He knows almost nothing about sports. That morning show is embarrassing. Between the two of them you have about as much sports insight as an episode of iron chef 

It’s gotten worse, Howard and his laziness has rubbed off, I was waiting for the golf analogy.