Bills fans help old man in Steelers jersey during game

BoccesOnTransit

Very nice. 

As an aside, I can tell you that I attended a Penguins game as an opposing fan, and the people from Pittsburgh were outstanding as well. I am so glad that this gentleman had such a nice experience.

Thank you to those Bills fans who did what Buffalonians typically do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I booed every Steelers fan I saw, then immediately asked how they were enjoying Buffalo and what they did when they were in town. Meet some great people (and got some free drinks).  Obviously, it’s a lot easier when you’re killing a team. But I love Buffalo and want other people to love it too. Never got those loser fans who act like they are on the team and try to fight other fans. Bunch of dorks.

I did boo a Titans fan and she charged me. But she was hot so I allowed it.

How much did she charge you? I hope you got a good deal!

I wore my Bills gear around Wisconsin when we played at the Packers a few years ago. On multiple occasions all over town people, usually young males, said to me “welcome to Wisconsin!” It stunned me the first time, then it turned into a thing. I have to admit, it led to a very favorable impression. No need to be a jerk because we cheer for different teams. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Definitely not unique to Bills fans, but unfortunately, the general perception of the Bills fanbase is that we're all inebriated table jumpers who drink champagne out of ass cracks and trade Kiko Alonso jerseys for BJs.

I like my champagne like that...more bubbles than a flute! And @HOUSE left his wallet in the car that game lime usual, how else was I supposed to get a jersey?:cry:

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

Football has become soft. Back in my day, we would have kicked the old geezer for wearing the opponents colors in our stadium. 

This is just a joke, just in case that wasn't clear. 

It's a really great story, but being the immature man child I am part of me was thinking how funny it would be if it ended with them throwing the old geezer through a table.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I like my champagne like that...more bubbles than a flute! And @HOUSE left his wallet in the car that game lime usual, how else was I supposed to get a jersey?:cry:

I’m not sure those are all champagne bubbles. I think it’s a mix with, how shall I say…..bathtub bubbles. A sophisticated palate would pick right up on that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Definitely not unique to Bills fans, but unfortunately, the general perception of the Bills fanbase is that we're all inebriated table jumpers who drink champagne out of ass cracks and trade Kiko Alonso jerseys for BJs.

You forgot the bowling ball shots at Pinto Ron's---I have to confess I did it myself in the 90's.

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Good thing I wasn't there...

"And right as I was taking my last step, a giant "Billdo" smacked me upside the head, sending my old a** staggering back down the stairs & taking a few nearby children with me..."

Edited by BigDingus
  • Haha (+1) 1

If we had been losing, our fans would have left him there to die. 🤣

Seriously, Bills fans are great, but 99% of Americans are good people.  Don't believe the negativity that is pushed by the mainstream media, cable news, and on social media.  They are just people looking for views and clicks.  Honestly, you can find good people all over the world, not just in Buffalo, but people from Buffalo are exceptionally nice.

Edited by Bills2022

5 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

That Raydon(?)in Steelers colors. My kids played that game obsessively. Kept four boys occupied for hours.

That is f ‘n’ funny…..to me.

No I think it's Scorpion...Rayden was the guy in blue with the white eyes that shot electricity...

We used to play a ton in college...my roommate was the DC Mortal Kombat champion and a bunch of us would basically take turns playing until one of us won...usually it would take well over an hour...I remember the one time I beat him on the first try and I put the controller down and ran out of the room as he screamed for a rematch he never got that day hahahaha

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BoccesOnTransit said:

Wanted to make sure more people saw this...

I mean... you would have to be a complete scumbag to not help an elderly person having trouble with mobility, let alone treat them poorly. 

Is this where we are at in society? Celebrating not being scum? Lol

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

Says the guy walking around in a #50 jersey double fisting Moët.

19 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

I was at the Pittsburgh game and there was an older gentleman sitting nearby in a Pittsburgh jacket.  He removed his jacket early in the 3rd quarter to reveal the Bills sweatshirt he had on underneath.  The fans all around cheered wildly. 

Must've been an Erie, PA guy 

On 10/21/2022 at 12:32 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

because they have feelings and I believe they call it caring for a fellow human being. as for today, you are right, what is wrong with this world today where a person has to criticize and question human beings, being decent and helpful human beings?

smh

On 10/21/2022 at 12:41 PM, WideNine said:

The kind of world where a receiver making millions knocking a camera guy out of his way and then he sues gets more press.

Bad news gets the clicks and the ad revenue so we tend to be fed all the world's horrors rendered to a toxic meal for our consumption.

There are little acts of kindness all around us.

When I get tired of it I turn to the local news in my small town. A porta potty washed ashore and a bunch of homeless folks trashed city hall because the door code was "1234".

:)

Totally missed my point. This sort of thing should be commonplace and no so extraordinary that people cry when they hear about it.

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

Totally missed my point. This sort of thing should be commonplace and no so extraordinary that people cry when they hear about it.

I got your point fine... and basically agreed.

My response was that there is too much coverage of the negative things that we miss hearing about the small acts of kindness.

On 10/21/2022 at 1:51 PM, snamsnoops said:

The Kiko Jersey/BJ deal is that still something? I am asking for friend,.........

On 10/21/2022 at 4:40 PM, MRW said:

Probably, if you can find someone with a Kiko jersey.

On 10/21/2022 at 4:44 PM, Draconator said:

@Gugny has a few, but it will cost ya

On 10/21/2022 at 4:49 PM, Augie said:

He came by them the hard way. I wouldn’t expect any steep discounts. 🤷‍♂️

I worked hard for mine but for the right price I think we could swing a deal:wub:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.