Christian McCaffrey traded to the 49ers for multiple 2nd day draft picks

Draconator

49 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I did too but thought it was wiser just to wait until it was corrected instead of arguing about it.

As to the 49ers and the CMC move.  I guess they are "all in" trying to get deep into the playoffs this season.

I'm not sure how 2023 and on will pan out.  I see some hard times for them going forward unless Lance really improves.

Its a lot of draft capital but it at least semi makes sense for them.  They are in a weak div/conf.  They dont have an elite qb.  Their run game is already phenomenal.  They have already been to the SB with this style and almost made it last season again.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I am glad the Bills stood pat at offering a 2nd rounder (supposedly). The 49ers gave up a high volume of good picks for MCC and he might be with it as a talent but for a cap strapped Bills team that drafts really well it is key to have a bunch of draft picks to replace talent with cheaper younger players.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Your posts will age poorly 

Me:  McCaffrey only had 2 injury plagued seasons in Car, not 3 (as you originally stated). (FACT)

You:  Your posts will age poorly.

Ummmmm...McCaffrey no longer plays in Car, so how can a fact that now can never change age poorly?  LMAO This might be the most pointless and weirdest convo I have ever been involved with on here.

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

FWIW, Spotrac has repaired its database for the 49ers and ALL players are accounted for.

They have $4M in rollover from this year not $50M.

As of now they have $5.8M in cap space in 2023.  I'm in Spotrac a lot and I knew they were still in "update" mode when you 

guys checked yesterday.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/cap/2023/

Thanks, well if I check over the cap right now they have SF with $15.9 MM cap space, so who knows.  But it's not $50MM aparently. They have some low hanging fruit to restructure as well. 

21 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

I like your options 1 & 3: getting safety help and David Montgomery — a proven back who's over 220 lbs (our heaviest back, Moss, is listed at just 207).

Shakir and Crowder are more than fine at slot, IMHO.

Crowder is on IR with a broken ankle

They haven't said it's season ending, but it's not too likely he's back in 4 weeks

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Meanwhile- the niners OL still sucks

9 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

49ers are not a good team,  despite what many here think

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm sick of the genius title given to Kyle Shanahan

It’s getting tired with them.  Regardless of Lance or Jimmy as it makes no difference.  Even when they are “good” they are a 9-8, 10-7 team, at best.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/21/2022 at 9:28 PM, ArtVandalay said:

The game they lost to Chicago was a monsoon, horrendous field conditions... you would have figured The Weather Man would know that. 

They are 3-3 and first place in their division.  It's possible they miss the playoffs but not probable. 2-0 in division games so far with Ws over Rams and Seahawks.

What’s your opinion now Arty Pants?

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

49ers are a good team with a good defense. McCaffrey will incorporate into their offense in the coming weeks and Shanahan will maximize him. Today, they just ran into arguably the best team in football. 49ers will win their division.

That's a tough argument to make after the Bills beat the Chiefs AT Arrowhead last week.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Airseven said:

49ers are a good team with a good defense. McCaffrey will incorporate into their offense in the coming weeks and Shanahan will maximize him. Today, they just ran into arguably the best team in football. 49ers will win their division.

Lol sure. And the excuses for losing to the Falcons? The Bears? 

Such consistently horrible takes.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

It’s getting tired with them.  Regardless of Lance or Jimmy as it makes no difference.  Even when they are “good” they are a 9-8, 10-7 team, at best.

Eh- they’re better than 9-7 when healthy imo.  Missing Armstead is huge-  he’s been a force in recent years-  especially since they moved him inside.  He’s a difference maker. They’ve missed more games to injury than anyone.  

I don’t think they’d beat us- but if they can get somewhat healthy, I think they can win the nfc- Philly might be better, but I think they match up well with Philly.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.