Christian McCaffrey traded to the 49ers for multiple 2nd day draft picks

Draconator

7 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

And I watched them lose by 40 to the chiefs with him so yeh 

That's what I said.

8 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I disagree. The chiefs dismantled the in SF. 

bills are a similar team. We destroyed them a couple years ago. I think we could do it again. 

SF weakness is going against explosive offenses

I literally typed that it works unless they are playing the chiefs who put up more than 40 on them.  I'm not sure what you think you're disagreeing with.  They played a couple explosive offenses, but they got killed my the Chiefs.  Dolphins got smeared.

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t believe he was ever that banged up the last couple years. I think he just didn’t want to come back and play for a crappy team and get himself killed. On the 49ers he is not the focus for the D, that would be Kittle and Debo. What CMC does is make them a 3 headed monster. Luckily for everyone else they don’t have a truly good QB… watch they sign Brady in the off-season lol. (Yes Brady has lost a step but he is smarter and better still than more than 1/2 the NFL QBs and he wouldn’t have to put the team in his shoulders more than maybe once or twice in the year.)

Though injury concerns had me unenthusiastic about chasing CMC (knowing the price was going to be steep) there is little doubt that a healthy CMC (such as he appears now to be) would have immeasurably improved our offence (assuming used properly- not a given).

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don’t believe he was ever that banged up the last couple years. I think he just didn’t want to come back and play for a crappy team and get himself killed. On the 49ers he is not the focus for the D, that would be Kittle and Debo. What CMC does is make them a 3 headed monster. Luckily for everyone else they don’t have a truly good QB… watch they sign Brady in the off-season lol. (Yes Brady has lost a step but he is smarter and better still than more than 1/2 the NFL QBs and he wouldn’t have to put the team in his shoulders more than maybe once or twice in the year.)

Lucky for everyone else it doesn’t matter who they have at QB if Kyle Shanahan is the HC… a DREAM Super Bowl match-up.

21 hours ago, QCity said:

He needs to stay healthy (something he hasn't been able to do) and help the team win playoff games. If he goes down and the 49ers dealt 4 draft picks for a handful of regular season wins, then the trade is a disaster.

You mean like the Von Miller contract?  lol 😎

Its a big win right now, that is all that matters.  Just like the huge deal we got Von was a big win.  People can change their assesment at the time an injury occurs.  Right now, its been a huge win for the Niners.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.