Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

down to -8

SERIOUSLY?

I truly have no idea why. What is it about Kenny Pickett making his first career start on the road against the Buffalo defense that has bettors flocking to Pittsburgh? Weird.

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

down to -8

almost time to jump in

uhhhh, where? seeing -14 across the board 

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

SERIOUSLY?

I truly have no idea why. What is it about Kenny Pickett making his first career start on the road against the Buffalo defense that has bettors flocking to Pittsburgh? Weird.

no, not seriously. still at -14

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

uhhhh, where? seeing -14 across the board 

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

SERIOUSLY?

misclick

lmfao its clearly still -14

sorry

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

14 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Remember when the league had “figured out” Mahomes last year? How’s that looking now?

Mahomes is a great QB.

He leads Allen now in Championships and in head-to-head matchups.

I know the argument could be made that last year's finale result cannot be blamed on Allen- true.

A lot of young guns out there and IMO how many championships and head-to-head victories is the QB "goat" measuring stick. The rest are moral victories to salve wounded pride.

Allen is closing in and his objectives are clear. He does not strike me as a person who is OK with moral victories or hollow accolades given for just participating in big games.

Edited by WideNine

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Mahomes is a great QB.

He leads Allen now in Championships and in head-to-head matchups.

I know the argument could be made that last year's finale result cannot be blamed on Allen- true.

A lot of young guns out there and IMO how many championships and head-to-head victories is the QB "goat" measuring stick. The rest are moral victories to salve wounded pride.

Allen is closing in and his objectives are clear. He does not strike me as a person who is OK with moral victories or hollow accolades given for just participating in big games.

I would never argue that at this point that Josh Allen is "better" than Mahomes. What I was talking about was how the Chiefs got off to a slow start in 2021 and all the talking heads said that the league had "figured out Mahomes." This opinion was loudest after we beat them last year in the regular season. That hot take hasn't aged well. 

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think it's the Bills injury report more like

Lol no. Only one player on either team would account for a 6 point swing and that is Josh Allen and it would be more like a 7 point swing. It's amazing what people think non QBs are worth to a point spread. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I would never argue that at this point that Josh Allen is "better" than Mahomes. What I was talking about was how the Chiefs got off to a slow start in 2021 and all the talking heads said that the league had "figured out Mahomes." This opinion was loudest after we beat them last year in the regular season. That hot take hasn't aged well. 

It's funny that Allen gets dumped on for games like he had against the Ravens but Mahomes doesn't...as if he gets the benefit of the doubt but Allen doesn't

18 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You doom is misplaced. It's still -14 everywhere.

If you want to bet a game this week, the Pats are favored by 3 at home against the lions. I would take the Lions all day in that.

Lions can't stop anyone, and Belichick is pretty good at stopping average teams, especially when they are missing key pieces.  I think there is an argument to be made that the Pats could win his fairly convincingly. I don't think the Lions will be able to run up and down on the Pats D.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Bills should be the new "No Fly Zone". Still waiting for a team to have 200 yards passing on us this year...I don't think it's happening Sunday. Mahomes likely will.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

It's funny that Allen gets dumped on for games like he had against the Ravens but Mahomes doesn't...as if he gets the benefit of the doubt but Allen doesn't

Mahomes has played in two SBs and won one. That is probably 75% of it. Also, draft night hot takes have a lot of people waiting for Allen to fail. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Mahomes has played in two SBs and won one. That is probably 75% of it. Also, draft night hot takes have a lot of people waiting for Allen to fail. 

Shoulda been three...he basically didn't show up in the 2nd half of that AFCG last year but nobody takes him to task for it.

• Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Shoulda been three...he basically didn't show up in the 2nd half of that AFCG last year but nobody takes him to task for it.

It looked like the man forgot how to play football. I'm sure that the Bengals made some adjustments, but it cannot account for that level of drop off. Something happened in that locker room at HT and I think that is why Tyreek Hill is in Miami. 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I think making throws like he did this past week tends to distract people. Mahomes seems to have an on switch where he can just make everything happen and Reid puts him in positions to succeed in the most innovative ways. If Josh played for Reid, I think we'd see a different conversation but until Dorsey can be as creative as Andy, we will always have Josh being questioned. 

26 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

My point was how do we measure QB greatness.

I don't think it is skills alone as Rogers gets the MVP nod all the time with his stats, but has the penchant of coming up small in big games.

My personal take is the ability to lead their respective teams to championships and win those head-to-head competitions against those QBs challenging the narrative.

For now Mahomes has the edge, but there are a lot of young QBs nipping at his heels.

Allen may be the closest to getting past the KC wall and grabbing a championship.

Just now, WideNine said:

My point was how do we measure QB greatness.

I don't think it is skills alone as Rogers gets the MVP nod all the time with his stats, but has the penchant of coming up small in big games.

My personal take is the ability to lead their respective teams to championships and win those head-to-head competitions against those QBs challenging the narrative.

For now Mahomes has the edge, but there are a lot of young QBs nipping at his heels.

Allen may be the closest to getting past the KC wall and grabbing a championship.

Joe Burrow got passed it last year and was 3 points away from winning the SB. 

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Joe Burrow Cincinatti's defense got past it last year and was 3 points away from winning the SB. 

FIFY. Burrow was good in the second half, but the difference between the Bills game vs KC and the Cincy game vs KC is that Cinci's D showed up in the second half. We can argue whether that was a Mahomes issue or not, but there were some big plays made on D that made a difference. 

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Well, first of all, Mahomes deserves the benefit of the doubt.  He's arguably the best QB in the league, has a SB title to his credit, and leads his team deep into the playoffs every year.  Of course you get the benefit of the doubt with that kind of track record.

Second, I haven't seen anybody dump on Allen over the Baltimore game.  It wasn't his best game ever, and I'm sure Allen would agree.  But so what?  He played well and pulled out a win that we wouldn't have gotten without him.  As recently as just a couple years ago, people were obsessing over every off-target pass, every turnover, every missed deep ball, etc.  Now Allen dirts it to a wide-open receiver on fourth and goal and the entire national media is all like "Well, even the best players miss the occasional pass" and just move on.  Which is as it should be of course.  Allen's proven himself.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

I did consider that.

Still feel Allen has the edge and I know that breaks that rule. 

Just can't get past the strong feeling that if our defense did not crap the bed with KC pinned deep with only 13 ticks left... we would have beaten the Rams.

Just matchup-wise felt we were a better team.

Pure homerism... I know. That is why I am a Bills fan. 

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

That was far more about what Cincy's defense did in the 2nd half and OT to Mahomes than what Burrow did.  KC scored 3 points after halftime.  Without the defense stepping up like that, the game wouldn't have even been close.

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I did consider that.

Still feel Allen has the edge and I know that breaks that rule. 

Just can't get past the strong feeling that if our defense did not crap the bed with KC pinned deep with only 13 ticks left... we would have beaten the Rams.

Just matchup-wise felt we were a better team.

Pure homerism... I know. That is why I am a Bills fan. 

I think the Chiefs burned out against the Bengals. Would we have suffered the same fate? Not sure, but the Divisional round game was an amazing one for the neutrals.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yeah. Good week to do so. He can say hi to his brothers and rest up for the Kelce matchup. Dawson and Poyer are more worrisome/frustrating. Gilliam gonna get a bigger role again I guess. Prefer not to see the Johnson/Hamlin tandem too much this season. Poyer is a HUGE difference maker.

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Could have been four. Had what's his name not jumped off sides. That had the Pats dead to rights. 

20 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Mahomes is shiftier, baseball, shot put, corn hole throws—just nuts and these are all inside the small picture frame of the TV. Mahomes is more ‘made for TV’. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

That means McKenzie is in stage 4 right if he's doing team drills?

Believe so...he likely will be cleared, he claims he felt fine and didn't fail any concussion tests but they wouldn't let him back in the game.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

This post is so 2020.  Josh is getting so much publicity and hype it’s crazy.  We need to stop playing the “under-appreciated” card because the Bills (and Josh) are not.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I think the Chiefs burned out against the Bengals. Would we have suffered the same fate? Not sure, but the Divisional round game was an amazing one for the neutrals.

It does seem like there's been a bit of a trend over the last few seasons, where teams that have won really intense, emotional playoff games going to lose the next one. Not saying there's anything to it, but there might be.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Couple additions to Capaccio's list:

Wonder how much of it is guys just getting some rest and not wanting to risk any further injuries versus actually being inactive for the game Sunday?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.