Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

DT Justin Zimmer and CB Jordan Miller signed to PS

DT CJ Brewer and DT Prince Emili released

(sorry if already posted)

Also hopefully a good sign that Jordan Phillips and/or Ed Oliver will be returning this week.  

Other upcoming roster moves:

1. Crowder likely to IR

2. Eligible to come off IR/PUP: Speedy and Tre, starting this week

My guess is Tavon is signed to active roster (filling Crowder spot), and that Speedy returns to practice this week (will have 3 weeks to activate him).  Tre, pure guess is that he'll start practicing over the bye week and potential return for Packers SNF.

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

What a way to back up your stance! 

"He's a bum" 

"Why?"

"I'm not going to waste any more time debating it."

Just brilliant. LOL 

Why does Mason Rudolph not have it? He's from the same draft class as Josh so it's his 5th year with the team and they signed Trubisky to start and drafted a 1st round QB again. He's QB 3 at this point and that's just what it is.

5 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

What a way to back up your stance! 

"He's a bum" 

"Why?"

"I'm not going to waste any more time debating it."

Just brilliant. LOL 

I’ve said my peace on this bum since prior to the 2018 draft.  He was the only QB I was against taking.  I watched a lot of his tape in college.  He was like a deer in headlights. He played vs Big 12 defenses which had some thinking he was good.  Not a terrible college qb, but that rarely translates in the nfl.  He reminded me of Landry Jones.  So far, he’s done nothing to change my mind.  

I watched all of Eric Crouch’s games in Nebraska.  I thought he was a great college QB.  That doesn’t mean he was going to be a good nfl player.

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well I assume you mean me since I brought it up. First and foremost....I didn't bring it up as a reason to not be optimistic nor am I "carrying any burden". I simply stated it responding to poster that said they are "expecting an easy win".

Basically pointing out the obvious that no win is easy. Hope I cleared that up enough for you in that regard...

You’re one of many many posters and it wasn’t a knock nor did I assume everyone holds onto that loss for all the same reasons.

I too was pointing out the obvious.

18 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Also hopefully a good sign that Jordan Phillips and/or Ed Oliver will be returning this week.  

Other upcoming roster moves:

1. Crowder likely to IR

2. Eligible to come off IR/PUP: Speedy and Tre, starting this week

My guess is Tavon is signed to active roster (filling Crowder spot), and that Speedy returns to practice this week (will have 3 weeks to activate him).  Tre, pure guess is that he'll start practicing over the bye week and potential return for Packers SNF.

Would the Bills sign Tavon to the active roster or just use a PS call up if they need him?  Not 100% sure on how that all works...if he is a PS call up does he need to be signed to the active roster to be active on game day?  These rules change so often I can't keep them straight.

Just now, julian said:

You’re one of many many posters and it wasn’t a knock nor did I assume everyone holds onto that loss for all the same reasons.

I too was pointing out the obvious.

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused....I'm one of many posters meaning what exactly? I agree with you that some hold on to certain losses and I'm in no way asking to be an ####### or anything.... lol

Just curious what you mean I'm one of many posters? I try to be as respectful, level headed as possible lol

25 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Why does Mason Rudolph not have it? He's from the same draft class as Josh so it's his 5th year with the team and they signed Trubisky to start and drafted a 1st round QB again. He's QB 3 at this point and that's just what it is.

I don't think he's a NFL starter, but a solid backup. He's still on the team for a reason, only QB who's been there since 2018... while 5-6 different ones have been put on the block or cut all together. He's just been given the chance she he was hurt in 2019 to show what he can really do. The one game he did, threw for over 300 yards and 2 TDs. 

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ve said my peace on this bum since prior to the 2018 draft.  He was the only QB I was against taking.  I watched a lot of his tape in college.  He was like a deer in headlights. He played vs Big 12 defenses which had some thinking he was good.  Not a terrible college qb, but that rarely translates in the nfl.  He reminded me of Landry Jones.  So far, he’s done nothing to change my mind.  

I watched all of Eric Crouch’s games in Nebraska.  I thought he was a great college QB.  That doesn’t mean he was going to be a good nfl player.

Ridiculous statement. I watched every game he played in college. 

13,618 yards

92 touchdowns

(and he only started 3 games as a freshman)... with a 32-10 record as a starter in college and really only had one bad game over his entire college career (vs WVU his soph year). You were only anti-Rudolph at the QB spot. That's over Josh Rosen, Luke Falk, Alex McGough and Logan Woodside. Hell, his record as a starter is better than Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield.

But you watched a lot of his college tape. LOL 

Okay due... anyway. No reason to argue it, you probably also believe what Myles Garrett said too.

14 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Would the Bills sign Tavon to the active roster or just use a PS call up if they need him?  Not 100% sure on how that all works...if he is a PS call up does he need to be signed to the active roster to be active on game day?  These rules change so often I can't keep them straight.

They could do either option, sign to active or PS callup (only can get called up 3x tho) which wouldn't count against an active roster spot. 

Ultimately, I think they decide to on how close Speedy is to returning.  JMO, but think the staff still sees potential and he was having a solid camp until injured in early August.

If Speedy is close, my guess is they will use a PS callup on Tavon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

I think he (or Hodgins) just get a call-up.  The Bills don't have to fill the 53rd roster slot.  

Probably depends on how Kumerow is recovering.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

DT Justin Zimmer and CB Jordan Miller signed to PS

DT CJ Brewer and DT Prince Emili released

(sorry if already posted)

Let me understand this...Emili just made one of the plays of the game by batting a ball up that Poyer picks of and he is rewarded by being cut from the PS a few days later?  Damn...Beane is cold blooded.

23 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

They would just call up Tavon if needed unless they plan on signing him to he roster, although I believe they would be looking at activating Stevenson from the PUP list.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Let me understand this...Emili just made one of the plays of the game by batting a ball up that Poyer picks of and he is rewarded by being cut from the PS a few days later?  Damn...Beane is cold blooded.

There a lot more that goes into the decision than 1 play. I’m sure they evaluated all the plays in making the decision.

12 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Ridiculous statement. I watched every game he played in college. 

13,618 yards

92 touchdowns

(and he only started 3 games as a freshman)... with a 32-10 record as a starter in college and really only had one bad game over his entire college career (vs WVU his soph year). You were only anti-Rudolph at the QB spot. That's over Josh Rosen, Luke Falk, Alex McGough and Logan Woodside. Hell, his record as a starter is better than Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield.

But you watched a lot of his college tape. LOL 

Okay due... anyway. No reason to argue it, you probably also believe what Myles Garrett said too.

Yeah.  I watch lots of tape on lots of prospects every year.  Especially that year,  I watched a lot of his college tape.  I hated him as an NFL prospect.   I was right to hate him.  He stinks.  You’ll see.  He will likely never be a chosen starter ever again and never amount to anything more than a bum nfl qb.  

you listed college stats.  Playing in the big 12.  You act as if that means something with regards to success in the nfl.  

Edited by NewEra

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah.  I watched a lot of his college tape.  I hated him.  I was right to hate him.  He stinks.  You’ll see.  As he will likely never be a chosen starter ever again and never amount to anything more than a bum nfl qb.  

I never said he would be a NFL starter. I've said he's a quality backup. "I was right to hate him"  - Dude, you have issues... and I call BS on your "watched a lot of his college tape". Have a good one! Go smoke a joint and be happy. 

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

I never said he would be a NFL starter. I've said he's a quality backup. "I was right to hate him"  - Dude, you have issues... and I call BS on your "watched a lot of his college tape". Have a good one! Go smoke a joint and be happy. 

You’re new.  We’ve had lots of discussion on Rudolph here.  My feelings of Rudolph were known and adamant.  I stated several times that he was the only QB in that draft that I would’ve been sad about drafting.  

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Why exactly? His QBR was GREAT before he got hurt. That year, Roethlisberger was out for the season, he had ZERO offensive weapons. They couldn't block which caused the offense to really suck. Even with all that, he was decent. To the point of being hurt, he was hitting about 70% of his passes with 7 TDs to 2 INTs. He hit almost 86% the week before he was hurt against Cincy. 

The ONE game he started the next year (2021) against the Browns when they sat Ben, he slung it around the field for over 300 yards. They allowed him to throw it deep and it showed. 

NOTE: I watched every game Mason played in that year on RZ.

Every QB has a highlight reel.  Except for maybe Peterman.  He has the anti highlight reel.  RZ is all about highlights. Tons of bust QB's have some nice looking 300 yard games.  If he was some great QB he would have been starting.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Every QB has a highlight reel.  Except for maybe Peterman.  He has the anti highlight reel.  RZ is all about highlights. Tons of bust QB's have some nice looking 300 yard games.  If he was some great QB he would have been starting.

I only said he has been given one chance since the 2019 season, in which he threw for 300 yards. I never said he was a "great QB", I've said he's a good backup and I'd want him as a backup. 

Not sure why a couple of you guys keep reading between the lines. 

(7) Teresa Varley on Twitter: "Coach Tomlin on injuries: Terrell Edmunds - concussion protocol Minkah Fitzpatrick - knee Cam Sutton - groin/hamstring Cam Heyward - elbow/ankle Ahkello Witherspoon - hamstring still an issue and not expected to play Others being monitored and participation will be the guide." / Twitter

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Great.  Now we have two aliens on the team.

43 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

I think they can call up a PS player 2 or 3 times but dont take my word for it.  I didnt follow all those rule changes and dont know if its changed again this year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.