Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Why exactly? His QBR was GREAT before he got hurt. That year, Roethlisberger was out for the season, he had ZERO offensive weapons. They couldn't block which caused the offense to really suck. Even with all that, he was decent. To the point of being hurt, he was hitting about 70% of his passes with 7 TDs to 2 INTs. He hit almost 86% the week before he was hurt against Cincy. 

The ONE game he started the next year (2021) against the Browns when they sat Ben, he slung it around the field for over 300 yards. They allowed him to throw it deep and it showed. 

NOTE: I watched every game Mason played in that year on RZ.

Wait and see.  I’m not going to waste any more time debating it.  Just….wait and see.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, julian said:

Not a shot at any particular poster, but man oh man did that Jags loss mind f**k a lot of Bills fans. That loss is brought up in every thread as a reason to not be too optimistic and that’s gotta suck to carry that around your neck like some heavy burden bestowed by the football gods.

yes it did!  Most likely cost us a Super Bowl appearance.  

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with noticing that the Steelers have a worse offense than ours and also a worse defense than ours.  This is not a competitive matchup, and it's delusional to pretend otherwise.

Yes, upsets happen sometimes.  This would be a big upset.

Never said there’s anything wrong with it. Fair analysis of position groups isn’t disrespecting the opponent, anyway.  

But you’d think we’d know better, Bills fans especially, that nothing is ever a foregone conclusion in sports. The ball is shaped funny. Weird crap happens and that often renders the mismatch on paper meaningless. 

Regardless, every team in the league, from the undefeated to the winless, have world class athletes capable of playing in this league. I just happen to think that always deserves respect. Others’ mileage may vary and that’s just fine. 

18 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

His world champion coaching has them at 1-3 and should be 0-4 if not for about 6 Bengals turnovers.

Please keep posting, I'm getting really close to never having to hear from you.  The sooner I click that button the better.

Just don't feed the Troll boyz

58 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

You are taking a lot of shots for this.  

Please describe the flaws and what areas of our game lacks consistency?    Then look are the team’s total offensive and defensive rankings.  Maybe you should do the later first? 

He's a troll, and a bad one.  Those guys don't Do constructive contributions.

• Like (+1) 1

For those mentioning the Jags game last year, it happens.  It hurts, but it is proof any team can win any given Sunday.  For example, I remember a year when the Patriots were crushed by a lowly Bills team on opening day.  Despite later going 14-2 and winning the Super Bowl, that embarrassing loss so badly vexed Brady that he took a shot at hotels in Buffalo the week before that Super Bowl.

It happens.  Get over it.

18 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

I don't trust our head coach. So yes, I am concerned with every game. Between our loss to the Jaguars last year, our first half against the Bucs, our blowout loss to the Titans at home, and our playoff loss to the Chiefs last year, I have reason to be concerned.  And that doesn't include the wind game against the Pats or the opening loss to the Steelers.  1 or 2 bad games is ok, not 5 or 6 of them. We started again this year with the incomplete games.  Week in and week out this team is not playing up to what it is capable of doing. 

Welcome to the 2022 NFL season. Buckle up and enjoy the ride. 4 games,  injuries and weather have had an impact on “what” this team is capable of doing, throw in new players and a coordinator to boot.  Small sample size in reality. 
Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Rookie QB, no Watt, and vengeance for last years lazy home opener. This game will be a blowout. The only reason this won’t be a 40 burger is who knows how healthy our WRs are and who know if McD wants this is be a get right game for our running game one we get a lead. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think it's a little ridiculous that Tomlin is putting his rookie QB in this situation.

If this was a Bills rookie QB, I would not be happy.  There is a very good chance Pickett won't even finish the game.   The guy is going to get hammered with that o line vs the Bills d line.  He won't be able to change plays because of the noise.  It's going to end very badly, IMO.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Wait and see.  I’m not going to waste any more time debating it.  Just….wait and see.

What a way to back up your stance! 

"He's a bum" 

"Why?"

"I'm not going to waste any more time debating it."

Just brilliant. LOL 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Back2Buff said:

I think it's a little ridiculous that Tomlin is putting his rookie QB in this situation.

If this was a Bills rookie QB, I would not be happy.  There is a very good chance Pickett won't even finish the game.   The guy is going to get hammered with that o line vs the Bills d line.  He won't be able to change plays because of the noise.  It's going to end very badly, IMO.

Wasn't Josh's first start against a pretty good Chargers defense?

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Wasn't Josh's first start against a pretty good Chargers defense?

Yeah, but at least it was at home. Then again, the half he played in his first game at Baltimore was also against a good defense with a loud crowd enjoying a blowout. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.