Vikings look a lot better than last year

Punching Bag

Maybe the Vikings did play pretty well but my first thought was, "Yeesh, Green Bay is playing like hot garbage." Their first offensive play pretty much doomed them for the day. The rookie Christian Watson wide open down the sideline, Rodgers drops it on a dime for him and plop, dude dropped it. Rodgers looked towards the sideline with just disbelief in his eyes like, "Well where the heck else can I put it for the kid? That was perfect and he stonehands it." 

Also, Kirk Cousins is a tool.

• Like (+1) 1

Justin Jefferson is right there with Ja'Marr Chase as current best wideout talent in the game. No doubt about it. Nothing to do with Diggs, they're completely different situations and I love our guy, but Jefferson is incredible. If you want to crown him the best offensive talent in the NFC, I wouldn't argue with you.

But I have no faith that Kirk Cousins will win a ring or even sniff the conference game and I'm quite sure we'll see this team start to really sputter and disappoint by about week 14 or so because of it.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, chongli said:

Agreed with everything. I visted once in the winter. Not sure why the NFL chose to host SBXXVI there, lol.

They did it as reward for new (IMP spectacular) stadium.

Same thing for the NJ Jiants/JEST.

And no Bills will not get one even if they made it a dome - not enough hotel rooms.

IMO teams which do not get Superbowls ought to be compensated - annual draft, etc.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TBBills said:

Playoff contender but I don't see them doing this all year.

It is a weak division and a weak conference. I think they are a top 3 team in the NFC myself with Tampa and still the Rams.

4 hours ago, JohnNord said:

After 1 game?!?!?! 

I have thought it all offseason. Thought they had a really good offseason, O'Connell's offense is a Shanahan scheme at its roots which is what Cousins played in when he broke in with Washington. And Adam Thielen, Justin Jefferson, Irv Smith and Dalvin Cook is as good a set of weapons as anyone, bar Tampa, in the NFC has. 

The Vikings beat the Packers last year and the year before too. I don't think they are suddenly a Superbowl contender. This is just who they are. They really get up for the Packers games.

8 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Not sure if I am spoiled by Allen, but in the games I watched today, the QBs looked pretty mediocre. Rodgers looked like the offseason moneybags were weighing down his throwing arm. 

The ball gets there very slowly for all these other QB's.

We should really appreciate our receivers being able to handle the insane velocity that Allen spins the ball with.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Vikes are my sleeper team in the NFC this year.  I will look like I knew what I was talking about or be adding hot sauce to my crow.

In the NFC they probably should make the playoffs with their talent level so I ask, are you predicting them to make SB or just playoffs?

17 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Maybe the Vikings did play pretty well but my first thought was, "Yeesh, Green Bay is playing like hot garbage." Their first offensive play pretty much doomed them for the day. The rookie Christian Watson wide open down the sideline, Rodgers drops it on a dime for him and plop, dude dropped it. Rodgers looked towards the sideline with just disbelief in his eyes like, "Well where the heck else can I put it for the kid? That was perfect and he stonehands it." 

Also, Kirk Cousins is a tool.

He's good for 44-4500 a year, 30+ TDs doesn't throw a ton of picks on a team without a Defense.

16 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Not sure if I am spoiled by Allen, but in the games I watched today, the QBs looked pretty mediocre. Rodgers looked like the offseason moneybags were weighing down his throwing arm. 

you missed the Chiefs game.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

In the NFC they probably should make the playoffs with their talent level so I ask, are you predicting them to make SB or just playoffs?

After the Division champions I have a very hard time finding 3 other NFC teams who will make the Wildcard spots above them.

That being said I also think with their schedule and the difference of the 3 teams that GB plays they got a good shot at the NFCN champs.

Once the playoffs start in the NFC, I would not want to bet on who ultimately makes the SB.

Some points I would make are:

1.  I think the defensive minded HC Zimmer held back the offense for years.  Their new HC Kevin O'Connell had been the Rams OC for the

last 3 years.  He should get the most out of Kirk Cousins.

2.  Last year they led a lot of games only to play safe at the end resulting in losses.

3.  Even with all that they only lost 1 game by more than 1 score.

Vikes next 4 games are against the Eagles, Lions, Saints and Bears.  That should tell if I'm full of doodoo or not.

I made 3 preseason bets to cover the cost of my Super Bowl Trip. Bills - Eagles (smallest bet at 40:1), Bills-Saints (middle sized at 70:1) and Bills - Vikings (largest at 80:1). 

I have a few other season long parlays that look better today than they did Saturday. I bet the EXACT AFC East finish as Bills-Dolphins-Jets-Pats at 18:1. I bet Bills 1st, Miami 2nd at +300. I bet New England 4th at +400 and New England under 8.5 wins. 

Going to need to win a few after the Broncos performance this evening 😂😂.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.