Peter King column - prediction edition

CorkScrewHill

He has picked the Super Bowl winner 4 straight years … here is hoping for number 5. His columns tend to be a bit preachy for me on social topics, but his football takes are strong and his analysis of. Playoff / Super Bowl contenders is sound in my opinion

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/05/fmia-bills-packers-2022-predictions-peter-king/

a good read .. just hoping he is right

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

I love the hype but the game is won on the field.  

… in the trenches…, 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

…between the white lines…

… with a rolled up one-hundred dollar bill… 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That's pretty wild actually. And makes me very worried. He's way over due to be wrong.

So that's, Rams, Bucs, Chiefs and Patriots. No dark horses really but still tough to predict. 

A ton of people have picked the last 4 Super Bowl winners.  It has been pretty chalky.  Brady-Mahomes-Brady- Stafford.  Everyone jumped on Rams bandwagon after they made the Stafford trade.   

Teams with an Elite quarterback that went all in during the offseason.  The Bills fit the mold. 

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

He has picked the Super Bowl winner 4 straight years … here is hoping for number 5. His columns tend to be a bit preachy for me on social topics, but his football takes are strong and his analysis of. Playoff / Super Bowl contenders is sound in my opinion

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/05/fmia-bills-packers-2022-predictions-peter-king/

I have never heard “Peter king” and “sound analysis” mentioned in the same sentence before! 

From the mind of Peter King:

If I'm New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft,  I have to say no to Bill Belichick  now, hire Tom Donahoe  to run the football side of business, and get on with my life. Because if I'm Bob Kraft, this is the thought process going through my mind today as the Jets stonewall my compensation offer for Belichick and refuse to budge from their demand of New England's first-round draft choice in April's draft: I am willing to give a man with a coaching record of 37-45 full authority over all my football operations by naming him coach and general manager. I am willing to pay him in excess of $3 million a year. And now I have to throw in my first-round pick? I'm already without my fourth-round pick this year, and I'm sure to lose a couple of valued players like Tedy Bruschi and Shawn Jefferson  in free agency. Now I have to throw in the pick that could become Ron Dayne  and may solve our dilemma at running back for the next five years? Maybe I wait a couple more days for the Jets to budge. Assuming they don't, I get on with my life.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020208020725/http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com:80/inside_game/peter_king/news/2000/01/26/ten_things/

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

A ton of people have picked the last 4 Super Bowl winners.  It has been pretty chalky.  Brady-Mahomes-Brady- Stafford.  Everyone jumped on Rams bandwagon after they made the Stafford trade.   

Teams with an Elite quarterback that went all in during the offseason.  The Bills fit the mold. 

Still impressive. I would question that a ton have. Would think a good majority would have shot themselves in the foot picking Green Bay one out of the four years or even more likely the Chiefs more than once in the last four years.

36 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

The Bills will win the Super Bowl if two things happen.  1) Stay Healthy 2) Get the #1 Seed in AFC

I am confident they will get the #1 seed if they stay healthy.  So maybe 1 thing. Stay Healthy.

the AFC # 1 seed had been tossed in 2 of 3 the last 2 seasons IIRC

The Tennessee Titans

had the No. 1 seed twice since 1999. It didn't turn out great 😞 

KC Had #1 seed 

and MVP 😷 Lamar and the 2019 Ravens. 

The week rest may help bumps and bruises.  But not much else 

unless you send a film crew to tape the other team. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have never heard “Peter king” and “sound analysis” mentioned in the same sentence before! 

If I'm New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft,  I have to say no to Bill Belichick  now, hire Tom Donahoe  to run the football side of business, and get on with my life. Because if I'm Bob Kraft, this is the thought process going through my mind today as the Jets stonewall my compensation offer for Belichick and refuse to budge from their demand of New England's first-round draft choice in April's draft: I am willing to give a man with a coaching record of 37-45 full authority over all my football operations by naming him coach and general manager. I am willing to pay him in excess of $3 million a year. And now I have to throw in my first-round pick? I'm already without my fourth-round pick this year, and I'm sure to lose a couple of valued players like Tedy Bruschi and Shawn Jefferson  in free agency. Now I have to throw in the pick that could become Ron Dayne  and may solve our dilemma at running back for the next five years? Maybe I wait a couple more days for the Jets to budge. Assuming they don't, I get on with my life.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020208020725/http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com:80/inside_game/peter_king/news/2000/01/26/ten_things/

Solid advice from my man Peter

• Haha (+1) 3

Note that King referred to Nathaniel Hackett as a football savant.  This is the same Nathaniel Hackett we nicknamed "Can't" Hackett when he was with the Bills.  Of course he could have improved.  

As for his analysis of the Bills, it sounds great, but he's always been a Bills supporter, talking them up a notch or two higher than either anyone else did, or the product the Bills put on the field.  So, caveat emptor.  

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

What a find!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

…between the white lines…

It’s a game of inches. 50%of the game is 90% mental. Any given Sunday/Thursday/Monday. The guys on the other team are getting paid too. One game at a time. The season is a Marathon not a sprint. Just do your 1/11th and trust the process.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Well, he sure was wrong there about BB, but TD was indeed a great football mind who was ruined by micro-managing from the worst owner in football.

• Vomit 1

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

the AFC # 1 seed had been tossed in 2 of 3 the last 2 seasons IIRC

The Tennessee Titans

had the No. 1 seed twice since 1999. It didn't turn out great 😞 

KC Had #1 seed 

and MVP 😷 Lamar and the 2019 Ravens. 

The week rest may help bumps and bruises.  But not much else 

unless you send a film crew to tape the other team. 

They were not playing in Orchard Park in January.  Bills last 9 playoff games.  Home 3-0.  Road 0-6.   

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Fantastic read! I do see a couple of things possibly  going differently...ie Winston gets hurt....maybe by that Carolina defense and Dalton skids to home plate missing the playoffs. edit: I do gotta say that Saints defense could very well become a headline....Lattimore, Mayes and Honey B?..wow.

Lamar Jackson's contract situation too much in his head, throws too many picks, misses out on W.C. No big time receiving talent ala Mcnabb in Philly, drop 2 to Pitt. and Cincy. Roman gone at the end.

Edited by nosejob

3 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

They were not playing in Orchard Park in January.  Bills last 9 playoff games.  Home 3-0.  Road 0-6.   

You don’t need the #1 seed to play every game IN Buffalo 

win the division, get a higher seed..  

if the #1 loses they CAN play all the games at home depending on how the cards fall. 

Didn’t KC lose at home to the BenGals?

2020 season the Bills were missing solid pieces on the O 

2021 season one or two blunders cost the KC game. 

Didn’t the Giants win the SB as a WC team ??

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

if the #1 loses they CAN play all the games at home depending on how the cards fall. 

2020 season the Bills were missing solid pieces on the O 

2021 season one or two blunders cost the KC game. 

Didn’t the Giants win the SB as a WC team ??

You are confusing possibility with probability.  Sure the Bills could win on the road, their recent 0-6 road playoff record plus their recent 3-0 home playoff record says it his much much more likely the Bills get to the Super Bowl as the #1 seed.

Remind me.
How many Playoff games has Josh Allen  lost on the road again?

I guarantee it is not 6 games.  

Next - 

On any given Sunday, any team can win 

that has been seen over and over again. 

most recently the Jags game. 

Why / How does a SB caliber team lose to a 4 win team?

because 💩 happens 

16 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

You are confusing possibility with probability.  Sure the Bills could win on the road, their recent 0-6 road playoff record plus their recent 3-0 home playoff record says it his much much more likely the Bills get to the Super Bowl as the #1 seed.

is the reality of things. 

20 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Blah,Blah,Blah....all playoff games must got thru Buffalo. No ifs, ands or butts. I mean I get your point, but it never works out that way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.