Peter King column - prediction edition

CorkScrewHill

13 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I love the hype but the game is won on the field.  

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I have them 13-4 as well. Which should be enough to win 2 at home then off to Arizona. 

And after each one of those 4 losses....several on this board will say we are terrible and fire McDermott.

The biggest thing I am looking forward to this year is Josh Allen. I say that because that 9-6 and what it ultimately meant or getting run over by the Colts and Pats or having a mediocre record near mid season has gotta be a thorn in his arse....and hopefully so. I'm willing to bet he hasn't forgot that crap and will be out to punish teams week in and week out. I sure hope so.

I swear - during the Pats 17 or so years on or near the top, the AFC was NOTHING like this.  They had a cakewalk almost every year.  I remember years when the 5 & 6 seeds were incredibly weak, and all NE had to do was win one game at home, then get by Manning, then Mahomes later on.

So different now.  Bugs me a little that when we're finally good, everyone else is. But it will make for some great games, too.

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I swear - during the Pats 17 or so years on or near the top, the AFC was NOTHING like this.  They had a cakewalk almost every year.  I remember years when the 5 & 6 seeds were incredibly weak, and all NE had to do was win one game at home, then get by Manning, then Mahomes later on.

So different now.  Bugs me a little that when we're finally good, everyone else is. But it will make for some great games, too.

I don't know if I like saying this, but we could be starting the greatest QB battles of all time. Wow. I'm 59 and have never seen such a talent stacked conference. This is gonna be NFL history this year!

• Like (+1) 1

Bills chance to graduate to the Super Bowl was last year…this year they’re due to take a step back. Diggs staring into the Chiefs confetti after the AFC championship loss…so emotional, motivating…blah blah. In their rematch they imploded/choked in historical fashion. Enough with all this silly hype.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

After being a season ticket holder through the decade of fail, I can't buy into hype even though we are undeniably an elite team. I think Miller will be a part time player whose snaps will be managed so as to peak in the post season. Our strength is on offense where we will still have to out score opponents to win as opposed to dominating on D. I see us winning a lot of 40-30 games.

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

After being a season ticket holder through the decade of fail, I can't buy into hype even though we are undeniably an elite team. I think Miller will be a part time player whose snaps will be managed so as to peak in the post season. Our strength is on offense where we will still have to out score opponents to win as opposed to dominating on D. I see us winning a lot of 40-30 games.

I don’t understand how our defense would go from one of the best, adding Von Miller to become one of the worst.

4 hours ago, Success said:

I'm not gonna go check but haven't the Steelers and Ravens been consistent contenders during the Cheatriots' reign?

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t understand how our defense would go from one of the best, adding Von Miller to become one of the worst.

Starting defense with 2 rookie CBs will be someplace for opposing OCs to attack so I can see why some would judge defense weaker.  Teams will try to force Bills out of zone defense to man-to-man.

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Starting defense with 2 rookie CBs will be someplace for opposing OCs to attack so I can see why some would judge defense weaker.  Teams will try to force Bills out of zone defense to man-to-man.

Dane Jackson isn't a rookie.  We played a ton of man last year.

So you really think we are going to be one of the worst defenses in the league?  

On 9/5/2022 at 3:39 AM, CorkScrewHill said:

He has picked the Super Bowl winner 4 straight years … here is hoping for number 5. His columns tend to be a bit preachy for me on social topics, but his football takes are strong and his analysis of. Playoff / Super Bowl contenders is sound in my opinion

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/05/fmia-bills-packers-2022-predictions-peter-king/

a good read .. just hoping he is right

I think we all hope he's right but at the end of the day only one team is going to be left standing and the more I look around the NFL, particularly the AFC, there's just so many good teams that have as good as chance as the Bills to win it all this year.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think we all hope he's right but at the end of the day only one team is going to be left standing and the more I look around the NFL, particularly the AFC, there's just so many good teams that have as good as chance as the Bills to win it all this year.

you scared bro?

3 minutes ago, teef said:

you scared bro?

Not really, as usual this time of year I'm hoping for good things but also mentally and emotionally prepared to be disappointed.

Also not really concerned about all the hype around this weeks game as it means very little in the bigger picture win or lose.

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not really, as usual this time of year I'm hoping for good things but also mentally and emotionally prepared to be disappointed.

Also not really concerned about all the hype around this weeks game as it means very little in the bigger picture win or lose.

oh...i doubt that.  

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Bills seem to prefer press man, did a ton if it in preseason and plays to Elam’s strengths 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.