Bills @ Carolina Preseason Game Thread (kickoff now @ 7:36pm)

Simon

Just now, JDubya76 said:

Or he’s been coddled all his life because he could catch a football and no one told him how tiresome his Shtick is

I’ve known guys like what I’ve described and you just can’t wait to get away from them. Hanging out is torture. You just want to say, “dude…relax”. But they’d take offense to that too. There’s no winning. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

It's 4th down the only thing that matters is getting the 1st down or essentially a TD with where the 1st down is, anything else is a turn over anyway. Not going to fault Barkley much on that one.

Yeah, but he's got to pull the trigger and take a shot there.  As you point out, if he makes a mistake and turns it over it's about the same result as if he takes a sack.

• Agree 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

It's 4th down the only thing that matters is getting the 1st down or essentially a TD with where the 1st down is, anything else is a turn over anyway. Not going to fault Barkley much on that one.

Going to fault Barkley for exactly that.  He needed to throw the ball, no matter the risks, because eating it is a turnover anyway.

Just now, The Red King said:

Going to fault Barkley for exactly that.  He needed to throw the ball, no matter the risks, because eating it is a turnover anyway.

Yeah, at the least he has to flop one backwards over his own head, ala Bledsoe. :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

I unfortunately don't think so based on his guaranteed money.

I see him this year as an overpaid blocking tight end

Yeah, I think there’s no benefit financially so he may make it because of that. That and the other two competing with him are just as bad or worse. The Bills make it downright painful to find tight end talent. Took us forever to find Knox. Heaven forbid we have a good back up. 

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Yep.  Worst case, it’s turnover on downs.  Who knows, maybe someone gets overzealous and intercepts and the ball is deeper in their own zone.

Just now, Beck Water said:

Is it just me, or is the reffing really bad?  That really looked like it was coming out before his knee was down.

And earlier I thought we got the first down where they marked it short.

Yeah, you saw his leg later hit the turf *after* the ball was out.

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Yeah, I think there’s no benefit financially so he may make it because of that. That and the other two competing with him are just as bad or worse. The Bills make it downright painful to find tight end talent. Took us forever to find Knox. Heaven forbid we have a good back up. 

TBH while I'm not liking what I see from Sweeney as a blocker, he's at least a mixed bag as a receiver.

Whereas Howard is just invisible.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Haha ya I agree 100 percent. Knox is going to have a lot of leverage during contract negotiations, especially if he has another good year

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.