Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

Rape is obviously a very serious charge.

If guilty, Matt Araiza should spend the rest of his life behind bars. 

With that said, I find it very disturbing how quickly some of you would cut a 22-year-old kid and end his career.

It's not disrespectful to women to wait for the facts.  We should also reject the idea that it's somehow more righteous to automatically believe every claimed victim, and impulsively throw the accused to the wolves.  That's not justice either.

Personally, I'm glad the Bills officials are willing to let the situation play-out before making a decision on Araiza.  Any player in that locker room could be falsely accused of something criminal.  If it happened to Josh Allen, I have a feeling the opinions amongst Bills Mafia would be a little more reserved.  There would likely be a little more patience in waiting for the truth.  Since we are just talking about the punter, fans think it's OK to just toss him under the bus.  The Bills often claim a "family-like" atmosphere amongst the team, and that kind of attitude could be just as damaging to player morale.  

I'm confident that if Araiza's guilt becomes more clear and apparent, the Bills will make the right decision.

Well she was 17. It’s already statutory rape…

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

It's not as if Araiza blew Haack away. It was close in camp. Haack is a seasoned vet, was immediately picked up after getting cut. I don't see how any guy off the street is as good or better than him.

Shirley.

1.  You have no idea whether it was close in camp.

2.  He did not get immediately picked up like the corner that went to NYG.  He got picked up after another team’s punter got hurt.

8 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Another way to look at it is that the Bills did their due diligence and made a decision based on better information than what we have.  

I mean, maybe they screwed it up.  It's certainly been known to happen.  But there's literally no harm in reserving judgement for the time being.

Fair enough but cutting the other punter isn't "reserving judgement". It's deciding that Araiza is staying on the team.

So by cutting Haack, Beane decided that he is either (1) fully confident that Araiza did nothing wrong or (2) he simply doesn't care that Araiza did what he's being accused of.

• Like (+1) 1

Question for any medical professionals here…

if a woman comes in post rape to be given a “rape kit” is there blood work done as well to test for drugs?  If the woman states she was in and out of consciousness, that would be a reason to check if she had been drugged without her knowledge.

16 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Beane completely f'd up by cutting Haack this week.

Did he really think this would not come out?

They clearly knew it would come out and had already done their own investigation on it before cutting Haack. They must be very confident in the facts they have gathered. If they're wrong it's going to look really bad for them.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley.

1.  You have no idea whether it was close in camp.

2.  He did not get immediately picked up like the corner that went to NYG.  He got picked up after another team’s punter got hurt.

Yeah... What's with the trend of Colts kickers blowing gaskets.  First the placekicker, now the punter.  They need to pack them in bubble wrap!

Just now, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Well she was 17. It’s already statutory rape…

but there are witnesses she was telling people she was going to college....  so how is a person supposed to know... nobody asks for ID here.

If he knew and committed the offense then yes he is guilty, but if he going by info she fed him then...

if he unwittingly commited statutory rape based upon info known at the time , then I'm not going to hold that against Matt. If he knew then yes he deserves what he gets

• Like (+1) 1

A good point was brought up. Remember the situation with Patrick Kane? Pretty much the same thing. Girl accuses him of rape/sexual misconduct. He reputation takes a serious hit. Turns out story was made up. 

Not saying this girl made up the story against Arazia. But her lawyer's actions are highly unprofessional and it seems like he's begging everyone to believe her side of the story. 

24 minutes ago, Mango said:

What are not the facts? Was she not bruised and bleeding. Did she not go to the hospital? 

I didn’t realize people could only be bruised and bleeding by anything other than rape? Same with going to the hospital? You must be of the “believe all women” camp?

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

You generally don't just "sober up" from date rape drugs like that.  If she was sedated enough to cause unconsciousness, she's not coherent until the morning at least.  These drugs are known to cause amnesia of the event (which is part of why they're used), so it's highly unlikely she's roofied into unconsciousness, and then just snaps out of it with full clarity to be telling her friends.

It should also show up in her blood analysis from the rape kit if she had any such drug in her system.  If the rape kit comes back with no DNA matches with any of the 3 players she named then that also would be a bit curious as if she were raped and I would not expect the men to be careful enough to avoid DNA transfers.  If Araiza' s DNA isn't found then it is possible he was not involved in any way but the accusations don't look very good so I truly hope this case has DNA evidence that can absolute confirm Araiza had sex with the girl then  I also hope there's enough evidence to get a conviction or at least a plea deal so if guilty they do face the punishments.  I don't care s fig about Araizas football skills or if he loses his dream job playing in the NFL if he is guilty of these actions.  Positive DNA would at the very least have him guilty of statutory rape.  He was old enough to make correct choices about having sex with a young woman he didn't know and just met.

He should be suspended pending the results of the criminal investigation then based on the results he should be punished or not by the NFL based on the results.  

So, I wsnt justice that will punishment whomever is the guilty party in this situation.  If the victim was raped and the DNA can prove which men had sex with he they get to live in prison until their sentence is completed. If she is lying and just trying to make a money grab I would love it if facts and evidence proving that would surface in the investigation.  

This issue becomes a big old PR mess if there no physical supporting evidence and stays as a he said/she said type situation.  And it's because thee issue is an important one.  There are valid arguments on both sides of every story and whatever the facts show to be the correct result of these charges.  If he is not charged criminally I do hope it is with clear evidence he was not involved in anyway.  Otherwise it still leaves a stain on Araiza which would be unfair if he truly is just being targeted  for an extortion attempt then I also hope that evidence proves that to be what happened and that the false accusations result in jail time on whatever charges exist for bringing false charges etc.

19 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Part of the reason I'm a little more innocent until proven guilty in this case is that I've personally had a friend nearly ruined because of a false rape claim.  I'm not saying he is innocent, but I can't stand the mob lynching at the drop of a hat on just the accusation. So it really bugs me to see people say false rape claims never happen.

I've personally had to intervene and shut down a false rape claim against my best friend by a female friend of mine he was dating.  Both her and my ex (her best friend) were literally set to go to the police the next day with her mom to both file false rape claims against him, after already admitting to me it was bogus and they were just doing this because they were angry at him and wanted a way to break up with him and not look bad.  I knew they both only dated him (and another friend of mine) because it was actually me they liked and knew they could spend time with me through my friends, so I made it clear to them that ruining my best friend's life with these false claims would 100% forever make me hate them and want nothing to do with them other than vigorously pursuing charges against them for false claims.  That was enough to get them to back off and not go through with pressing charges.  The worst part is the mom knew the claims were false and was encouraging them to go through with it anyways, I think out of some general hatred for men from her divorce. 

I should reiterate that if he is guilty as claimed, BURY HIM UNDER THE PRISON WITH SEVERAL HIGH VELOCITY LEAD SUPPLEMENTS ADDED TO HIS LAST MEAL.  But I just remembered that's not the only false rape claim I've been close to.  I actually as an adult lived with an uncle who had served time for allegedly raping my sister.  He didn't do it, because it was my other uncle who raped her, but they (including my mom being in on the false claim) couldn't pin it on the one who actually did it, it's complicated.  They did however have this long standing grudge against the other uncle, and for some reason were more able to trump up false evidence against him that seemed stronger than the real evidence against the real guilty one, so they went with that instead.  The guilty one had already been charged with bad crimes in the past and was widely known as a scumbag so I guess that had a factor in it too since his life was already ruined.  The thing is my mom, despite holding til this day that this falsely accused uncle did it, seemed fine with me later living with him because she knew I knew the truth.  For the record he accepted a plea deal to a relatively minor charge because he saw how vigorous the prosecution was going on it and decided to get it over with because the people he cared about knew he was innocent.  So yeah, I'm a bit sensitive to false rape claims.

It really worries me to see so many people going "even if 100% innocent, cut him anyways".  Complete lack of empathy and I 100% guarantee their tones change if they were to suddenly have false charged laid against them or someone they care about.

Just now, AuntieEm said:

It should also show up in her blood analysis from the rape kit if she had any such drug in her system.  If the rape kit comes back with no DNA matches with any of the 3 players she named then that also would be a bit curious as if she were raped and I would not expect the men to be careful enough to avoid DNA transfers.  If Araiza' s DNA isn't found then it is possible he was not involved in any way but the accusations don't look very good so I truly hope this case has DNA evidence that can absolute confirm Araiza had sex with the girl then  I also hope there's enough evidence to get a conviction or at least a plea deal so if guilty they do face the punishments.  I don't care s fig about Araizas football skills or if he loses his dream job playing in the NFL if he is guilty of these actions.  Positive DNA would at the very least have him guilty of statutory rape.  He was old enough to make correct choices about having sex with a young woman he didn't know and just met.

He should be suspended pending the results of the criminal investigation then based on the results he should be punished or not by the NFL based on the results.  

So, I wsnt justice that will punishment whomever is the guilty party in this situation.  If the victim was raped and the DNA can prove which men had sex with he they get to live in prison until their sentence is completed. If she is lying and just trying to make a money grab I would love it if facts and evidence proving that would surface in the investigation.  

This issue becomes a big old PR mess if there no physical supporting evidence and stays as a he said/she said type situation.  And it's because thee issue is an important one.  There are valid arguments on both sides of every story and whatever the facts show to be the correct result of these charges.  If he is not charged criminally I do hope it is with clear evidence he was not involved in anyway.  Otherwise it still leaves a stain on Araiza which would be unfair if he truly is just being targeted  for an extortion attempt then I also hope that evidence proves that to be what happened and that the false accusations result in jail time on whatever charges exist for bringing false charges etc.

Can you please stop it with the Shogun length posts? More words do not make your case stronger. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

A good point was brought up. Remember the situation with Patrick Kane? Pretty much the same thing. Girl accuses him of rape/sexual misconduct. He reputation takes a serious hit. Turns out story was made up. 

Not saying this girl made up the story against Arazia. But her lawyer's actions are highly unprofessional and it seems like he's begging everyone to believe her side of the story. 

We don’t know whether that story was “made up.”  

For the record, I 100% do not care if a 21 year old has consensual sex with a 17 year old.  It would not matter to me if the girl showed her ID and the guy knew with certainty that she was underage.  There's nothing particularly wrong with a sexual relationship between two people of those ages, and this isn't the sort of thing that statutory rape laws were designed to prohibit.  Prosecutors generally don't bring charges in cases like that, and if I were on a jury I would be a solid vote for jury nullification.    

The "rape" part is extremely important.  The "statutory" part is not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, HamSandwhich said:

I didn’t realize people could only be bruised and bleeding by anything other than rape? Same with going to the hospital? You must be of the “believe all women” camp?

I mean this in the absolute worst way possible. You are a terrifying human being. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Remember Arazias lawyer has cleverly insinuated that Arazia was not a part of the rape/misconduct.

He has also hinted at someone else being in trouble for said incident. 

• Like (+1) 1