Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My biggest question is how did Araiza and the other 2 get tied to this rape? The girl says she didn’t know what was happening and how many there were.

Someone had to have told her who the guys were.

Maybe.  But the ID of Araiza isn’t a huge issue right now (unless the focus turns solely to the assault that occurred inside the room).  The controlled call didn’t go so well for Araiza.  And his attorney seems to have acknowledged “consensual” contact.  There’s a good chance of a DNA deposit, too.  (Although it might be cloudy because of the possibility of multiple contributors.). So I’m not too concerned with how the vic came to know Araiza’s identity. 

20 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If the Bills want to get rid of him without wading into innocent or guilty, they can just say he didn’t disclose this pre-draft and they felt misled. I kind of hope this is what they do.

Unless he actually did disclose it and now the bills are the ones being shady 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

102 pages and counting on a subject most of you don't know 💩 about, including me. Staying out of this convo. A lot of you should do the same.

Every now and then I like to jump into a thread like this and share an opinion just to get a bunch of puke, thumbs down and x emojis because no matter what on a subject like this someone will feel strongly about the opposite opinion right or wrong. Qualified to make an opinion or unqualified, it doesn't matter

Why I do it, not sure. Maybe I'm just a psycho like Ken Dorsey 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He's an punter. Cut him and move on. He's not a star player or even an important one. Treat him as such. Cut him and go find someone else. 

I don’t care if he is innocent or not. Let someone else take a chance on him. The Bills sole purpose is to win a Championship and who the punter is won't make a difference.

It will make a difference.   Rest of the players will see that the team doesn't have their back. Team will fall apart quicker your way.

Steelers went on to win.  KC too... Blackhawks too with all their wife-swapping, sex scandal allegations. It's not a distraction if the team believes him. It's actually the opposite.  

• Agree 3

Pretty big uproar already.  As far as football goes, it's probably best for the Bills to cut ties if this drags on - it's too much of a distraction.

If it does turn out to be false or he's innocent, he'll get a job somewhere else.  It wouldn't be totally fair that he got cut, but that's the world we kind of live in now, and he'd land on his feet if that was the case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Get rid of him. Today. 

Anyone giving him the “benefit of the doubt” at this point are doing so because he’s a Bill. 

If he turns out to be completely innocent, let some other team deal with that. 

Fun times when the first three results when you google “Buffalo Bills” today include the phrase gang rape… 

Sorry, but I think your benefit-of-the-doubt remark is bs.

Being raped is horrific and rapists are evil.  

But being falsely accused of rape is pretty bad too.  Remember Brian Banks?  He was falsely accused of rape and the case against him was so compelling that Banks did prison time.  His youthful dreams were shattered by a liar and a society that was too willing to believe her.  

I don't know what happened in this case.  But if Matt is innocent, do we want to compound a wrong (false accusation) with another wrong (firing him from his job)?  That's immoral and unjust.    

Rapes happen.  Admittedly it's far less frequent, but so do false accusations.  So far, Araiza hasn't been arrested let alone convicted - except in the mind of some here posting.  Until the Bills can assess probability, the best thing to do is to continue to investigate.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

What happened to “In Beane we trust” ????

The Bills investigated and and decided to believe in his innocence. They clearly no way more than we do after hearing a totally one sided claim! Why do we all of a sudden not trust this organization???

I am saddened by a lot of what I’m reading but encouraged by some. Overall, fellow Bills fans or not…humans are humans and this is pretty much how people would be with any fanbase I guess. 

Me however, will stick by my beloved franchise until facts prove they made a wrong decision. They rest of you wanna turn in the Bills for this can ***** off and go watch golf on Sundays!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

From a purely clinical viewpoint, this is 100% correct. He’s a rookie punter. When you are in the Bills position you don’t take a chance with a distraction like this for a rookie punter. Doing so would be incompetent. 

Edited to add: I expect the Bills to sign his replacement and move on. Stuff like that can take a little time. 

I agree with you.  The Bills probably don’t want any part of this mess.  I do think Araiza punts tonight, because otherwise we either have to not punt tonight (hurts special teams evaluate) or fire someone other than Araiza to roster a new punter (and deprive that person of the opportunity to make tape). 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

You generally don't just "sober up" from date rape drugs like that.  If she was sedated enough to cause unconsciousness, she's not coherent until the morning at least.  These drugs are known to cause amnesia of the event (which is part of why they're used), so it's highly unlikely she's roofied into unconsciousness, and then just snaps out of it with full clarity to be telling her friends.

I don’t know what beyond alcohol she ingested, how much of it she ingested or if there was anything else at all. Seems very plausible to me that someone who’d just been gang raped for 90-120 minutes and was conscious enough to walk out of a room and communicate with another person would realized that they’d been raped.

33 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

With that said, I find it very disturbing how quickly some of you would cut a 22-year-old kid and end his career.

Cutting him does not end his career - it just means the Bills move on from him.  If he is found guilty that will end his career.  If he is innocent he can try out for any other team.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, StHustle said:

some people are totally hypocritical! Let this have happened to his son and his tune would be totally different. People have no respect for real justice and losing your job even though you’re innocent so fans can enjoy their entertainment is utterly ridiculous!!

Guilty or innocent of a crime if that was my son who pulled something like this and exploited a child there would be significant consequences.  Also, Araiza doesn’t have a right to this job.  He put himself in a bad spot.  Maybe he didn’t act criminally.  Maybe he did.  But it seems like he’s guilty of behaving like an obnoxious frat boy and, if he loses his job over the issue, then that’s his problem.  

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

in one message he sent to Araiza he says he gang-raped her

https://twitter.com/dangilleon/status/1563146981169500162/photo/1

In another he says he had sex with her

Like I said, she deserves better representation. 

Counter point, what if this Lawyer is tactfully or untactfully putting all of this information out there so its widely available to make sure that the defending attorney can not claim any of this evidence as privileged.

its unconventional and wild but could really be tactful. 

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Perhaps one day you'll be in a situation where someone "throws the book" at you for something you never did......

and if that ever happens to me where there is no basis for the claim, I sue for defamation and slander. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

She claimed she was in and out of consciousness during the whole process

Right. You don’t think a person who was in an out of consciousness while being gang raped for 90-120 minutes could realized that they were raped?

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Lawyers being lawyers. 

It’s interesting that the lawyer mentions his client getting cut. I wonder if the Bills thought a settlement was near.

The text messages shared by the woman's lawyer indicate the woman's lawyer was calling both the Bills and Araiza. It is also insinuated that the woman's lawyer presented a settlement offer to Araiza directly. Araiza's lawyer told the woman's lawyer to stop calling both the Bills and Araiza. He tells the woman's lawyer that he doesn't believe Araiza is interested in "settling" any civil case that was threatened. Two days later, Araiza's lawyer texted the woman's lawyer and asked what number the woman was looking for -- as Araiza's parents wanted to know. Araiza's lawyer was making the point to the woman's lawyer that if he kept calling the Bills, pissed them off and they cut Araiza -- there would be no money to get. It sounds to me like Araiza's lawyer was being asked by Araiza's parents to see what kind of real money they were looking for to make this go away -- I suspect the initial ask/demand to Araiza was a big one.

This case hardly appears to be an open and shut case. The woman's lawyer sounds very much like a scumbag and she sounds like she was interested in getting money from Araiza.    

• Agree 1