Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

21 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Can you elaborate on what her lawyer is doing? Is this a money grab?

he appears to be trying to win the court of opinion. He relased her journal notes, and publicly posted a request for Matt to hire an attorney.

San Diego police department has not made any arrests here and they have the rape kit info that is months old. Not sure what to think of that, but SDPD may be looking for others who are not of the accused  If it was inconclusive I think that info would have been released to the victims lawyer.

Hard to say what the victims laywer is doing here... Speculation is he is trying to pressure them for the results, which does seem weirdly odd, but maybe the results point to others and not the accused, because if the accused show up in the rape kit test they would have been arrested.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

We have reached 100+ pages in less than a day - ABOUT OUR PUNTER.  Seems like an unnecessary distraction for a team that punts maybe once or twice a game 

did you not get the memo he is  the god of punting. you mess with religion you get the horns

/sarcasm 

smh

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

We have reached 100+ pages in less than a day - ABOUT OUR PUNTER.  Seems like an unnecessary distraction for a team that punts maybe once or twice a game 

A punter that can punt 90 yards is very valuable.   He's averages over 50.

Just as important as a QB... BUT Baltimore and Tampa passed him over... Hmmm... 

Something is strange.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Great, cut everyone who gets accused of something whether guilty or not guilty. Wonder if the same would be said by the majority if this was about Josh?

I do stick by my previous comment, though, that I would prefer him not to turn out for us until this sorted. Best solution would be if we can get him placed on the exempt list.

He's an punter. Cut him and move on. He's not a star player or even an important one. Treat him as such. Cut him and go find someone else. 

I don’t care if he is innocent or not. Let someone else take a chance on him. The Bills sole purpose is to win a Championship and who the punter is won't make a difference.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2

12 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If the Bills want to get rid of him without wading into innocent or guilty, they can just say he didn’t disclose this pre-draft and they felt misled. I kind of hope this is what they do.

That’s not a bad idea.  Depending on availability of other punters and mood with the locker room (don’t want to turn your back on guys based on mere allegations, because current and future teammates will take note), they may well decide that the “negative” of this significant distraction is not worth the “positive” that Araiza brings to the field.  

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

102 pages and counting on a subject most of you don't know 💩 about, including me. Staying out of this convo. A lot of you should do the same.

message board and everyone is horrified by the situation..  its going ot get the hits

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

102 pages and counting on a subject most of you don't know 💩 about, including me. Staying out of this convo. A lot of you should do the same.

I THINK I'm done for now hermano. I'm in the Time to wait to see what happens next camp

m

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

He's an punter. Cut him and move on. He's not a star player or even an important one. Treat him as such. Cut him and go find someone else. 

I don’t care if he is innocent or not. Let someone else take a chance on him. The Bills sole purpose is to win a Championship and who the punter is won't make a difference.

So the decision shouldn’t be based on innocent or guilt but his role in the team? If this was Josh, for example, he should be given more support by the franchise?

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The key thing is the Bills we’re aware of this at the end of July, carried out an internal investigation and still decided to cut Haack over Araiza. They think they know something we don’t know and, like I said last night, they’re staking the culture and process on it. For their sakes, they better be right.

You’re assuming the investigation was conducted well.  I have doubts about that. 

5 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I 100% guarantee your stance on that changes if you or someone close to you ever gets falsely accused of a serious crime.  I don't care if it's an All Pro QB, "just a punter", the waterboy, or a homeless man in the street, innocent is innocent and you don't ruin their life over a single unproven allegation.

Are you seriously going to tell me you're fine giving up your job or life's work if I were to randomly make a claim against you?

Agree... I expect the team to stick by him IF they believe him.  That's what seems to be happening. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

From a purely clinical viewpoint, this is 100% correct. He’s a rookie punter. When you are in the Bills position you don’t take a chance with a distraction like this for a rookie punter. Doing so would be incompetent. 

Edited to add: I expect the Bills to sign his replacement and move on. Stuff like that can take a little time. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

So the decision shouldn’t be based on innocent or guilt but his role in the team? If this was Josh, for example, he should be given more support by the franchise?

some people are totally hypocritical! Let this have happened to his son and his tune would be totally different. People have no respect for real justice and losing your job even though you’re innocent so fans can enjoy their entertainment is utterly ridiculous!!

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

She did have that 90-120 minutes of being raped to sober up somewhat. 

You generally don't just "sober up" from date rape drugs like that.  If she was sedated enough to cause unconsciousness, she's not coherent until the morning at least.  These drugs are known to cause amnesia of the event (which is part of why they're used), so it's highly unlikely she's roofied into unconsciousness, and then just snaps out of it with full clarity to be telling her friends.