Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

6 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Being 17 doesn't automatically make a statutory rape charge stick in California.  If she is lying (and I'm not saying she is) about him knowing her age/telling him her age beforehand, that is a defense.

I don't think anything "automatically makes a charge stick" anywhere, but according to the attorney interviewed in the clip linked above, not knowing the age of the alleged victim is not apparently a defense.

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

Bills said they "conducted a thorough examination." It's highly likely they learned about it after the draft. But I can't imagine they "conducted a thorough examination" only after deciding to cut Haack - and make a public statement claiming such. If they cut Haack, they're comfortable with their assessment.   

The Buffalo Bills do not have the same resources as a police department. I would like to know how thorough of an investigation they conducted and what their threshold was for keeping him on the roster.

• Eyeroll 1

Just release him and remove the Buffalo Bills and this distraction from the equation. The civil suit alleges they have a recording of him admitting to statutory rape. 

We don't need this distraction. She needs justice. Let it sort itself out. Go find a punter/holder.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Can’t see it myself. If the organisation had doubts over Araiza they would not have fit Haack and I refuse to believe the first they heard of this allegation was today.

Yeah I agree. If this kid or his agent didn’t give them a heads up he’d already be released. 

• Agree 1

Silver lining in all of this, though (as bad as it is), if there had to be a player on the team accused of rape, thank God it was the punter, of all positions…

Fingers crossed it’s not true though…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The statement the Bills released makes it sound like their investigation determined he is not guilty of the allegation, or else I would suspect the result of the investigation would be his release. They can't make a statement saying they believe him to be innocent because of ongoing litigation. The fact that they say they have already performed an investigation and he is still on the roster should indicate something as far as what they believe to be true. 

2 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I have to laugh at all the pearl clutchers on here calling for his head before any facts come out. Like no woman has ever made a false accusation before. 

Look at the video the local news did. Bad bruises around neck and on legs plus her Halloween costume covered in blood. 

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, arcane said:

This is also gross

There is a rape epidemic in prisons that we will look back on in horror like many things we look back on today 

I don't condone the assaults in prison either I just stated fact the likelihood of karmic justice if he did the alleged acts as its reported.  I won't lose sleep over it as it is far down my list of things that deserve to be outraged over.   

1 minute ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I have to laugh at all the pearl clutchers on here calling for his head before any facts come out. Like no woman has ever made a false accusation before. 

Police have a recording of him admitting to statutory rape according to the civil suit. I'd love to know how that is pearl clutching? We don't need the distraction period.

• Like (+1) 2